Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reading this board!
Last off season was a complete and unmitigated disaster. We lost a quality assistant coach, we lost 2 of our better players (top 25) and started round 1 with 3 of our other better players with long term injuries
Who apart from RT were the other 2? Sloane and Walker? Really?
And we bought in Chris Burgess as the only addition and majority of people on the board thought we would make the 8
Indeed
This year we are strongly linked to 3 players who walk into our best 18, we are linked to a highly regarded assist to join the club. We are clearly active.
Being active and landing the fish are 2 different things. Montgomery? I dont fully believe the Morris report that all our assistants are signed up for next year but it goes against the club/Silvers presented that we were going to change our coaches to bring in better people. I cant see how
And most of the comments are about over paying and about how ridiculous it is to boost the off field team
Overpaying is a standard trope on ANY club board. Its a standard negotiation comment. But in some cases its correct. I would be angry if the club parted with 25 in this strong draft year for a walkaway player

The off field team? A Director of Coaching. After 5 years? Now most have said Balme should come in and run his eyes over the club - but it was never in a full time role as DoC would be. And the point made is why after 5 years? And why isnt Kelly being sacked of we need a DoC?
Now outside of ANB none of the above is locked in.

But the club - rightly or wrongly - has been clear for a while that we are done with the draft, we need to bring in experience ready to go players and get older more quickly.

So if we bring in 3 players that go straight into our starting line up - plus hopefully see Pedlar, Milera return from injury. Start the season with a fit and healthy Murray, Thilthorpe, Walker, Schoenberg and Jones
Add a ready to go young mid with pick 4
If , if , if . The biggest IF is IF Nicks plays them and who misses out IF Walker doesnt bend over to pick up his kids toys we might be ok. If Pedlar, Jones and Schoenberg can reach any height above 6'

IF IF IF
Everyone at the club is playing for their careers next season and if the above occurs over the next 2 months then they are giving themselves the best chance to succeed, and minimising the opportunity for excuses
The problem with this thinking is like our decisions over LM

You say everyone will be in trouble if we dont perform but we cant sack everyone in 2025 either because it puts us back even further

Controlled culling is better than a bushfire

If we dont perform in 2025 do you see Nicks, Burns, VB and Hombsch all gone?

I hope you are right but the tea leaves dont read that way

I don't think we are getting Buckley, but I disagree that he wouldn't want to coach us. I think we have a fairly attractive list. If you were a competent coach, I think you could see plenty of upside in the group.
I thought the same thing. IMO our underperforming is more about the chess player then the pieces on the board. Really poor lists lack physically developed KPPs at either end of the ground. We have that at both ends, and better yet they are generally all young players with a decent base of experience now.

Our midfield mix has always been the big question mark. But I genuinely feel like the pieces are coming together. Just need the right coach to unlock it.

As far as lists go, it's certainly got big ladder jump potential for a new coach.

Interesting Buckleys name has come up in this thread a few times, I know for sure he purchased a property in Tennyson earlier in the year, assumed it was just an investment…
Just getting himself positioned to take over one of the SA coaching roles. He knows both will be up for grabs in the near future.

Borlase and Bond re-signed whilst Ryan and Edwards have extended.

Borlase and Bond re-signed whilst Ryan and Edwards have extended.
Borlase, 22, has been rewarded for his consistent performances with a new two-year deal to 2026, while 19-year-olds Bond, Edwards and Ryan have signed one-year extensions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bolded is absolute bollocks and is the problem with posters like you, take a handful of comments and label the board with them.

Facts are of we give pick 25 for AWB it’s overpaying, of that there is no doubt.

Most are saying getting Luko but leave pick 4 alone, you disagreeing with that?

But somehow you’re justifying club employees protecting their positions by bringing in players to give us a rise up the ladder which won’t help us win a flag. They’ve given up on the draft because they are blaming inexperience and not the the dud coach they’ve re-signed early who they now are trying to get someone to baby sit.

And you see nothing wrong with this and your issue is posters? You might want to look at yourself first.

ANB is probably worth a pick in the 30’s because of age. He comfortably walks into our team and improves it - McAdam we were hardly picking last year.
So we shouldn’t be whinging about an upgrade of a player for a few picks difference to what we feel he is worth. There seems to be some dream that we will get Dodson with that pick - which will end up about 28/29. Dodson will be top 20

So ANB we should just get it done. It’s around the right number

It terms of Luko, once again he is probably fairly worth pick 15-20. People were asking for Collingwoods first for Keane.

And posters get caught up on it needs to be a F2.

I totally agree pick 4 should only be for a draftee this year. Other than that we need to get first 18 players in.

If we weren’t getting any interest posters like you would be bagging the club

If we don’t get additions off field once again you will be bagging the club

But if we do get additions we will have overpaid or we shouldn’t need them or what ever other criticism can be found.

I have been very critical of the club over last off season performance - it was a disaster.

If we bring in 3 good players, a good assistant/director of coaching and a pick 4 draftee that’s an A performance this off season in my view

We shouldn’t be looking to keep going back to the draft as long as we nail pick 4

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So if we bring in 3 players that go straight into our starting line up - plus hopefully see Pedlar, Milera return from injury. Start the season with a fit and healthy Murray, Thilthorpe, Walker, Schoenberg and Jones
Add a ready to go young mid with pick 4
Further to this - if we bring in the 3 players - and I hope we do - Schoenberg, Jones, Pedlar and I doubt Milera play in round 1

Otherwise who are they replacing? And it wont be Murphy

Further to this - if we bring in the 3 players - and I hope we do - Schoenberg, Jones, Pedlar and I doubt Milera play in round 1

Otherwise who are they replacing? And it wont be Murphy
Schoenberg shouldn't play another game. We'd delist him now if we were serious.

Jones should be our sub every week.

Pedlar and Milera...who knows.

Was on the Triple M rumour mill this morning by a guy who has gotten a few right

Said Will Lorenz was certain to play - but not necessarily for Butters. He did mention Butters was possibly an out too.
ok, thats not where i heard it from. but if another person has mentioned it there must be some truth.

He missed the R3 game vs Freo.
The trouble with Jordan Butts IMO he's been very poorly handled by our fitness/selection people, he's often played when anyone with eyes could see he was restricted mobility wise, spent the first half of the season with his calf heavily strapped and it was no surprise when it came off his form improved incrementally. Anyone that watched his junior footy would have seen an athletically gifted tall capable of playing good footy back, forward or even when he played wing for the Murray Bushrangers.

The trouble with Jordan Butts IMO he's been very poorly handled by our fitness/selection people, he's often played when anyone with eyes could see he was restricted mobility wise, spent the first half of the season with his calf heavily strapped and it was no surprise when it came off his form improved incrementally. Anyone that watched his junior footy would have seen an athletically gifted tall capable of playing good footy back, forward or even when he played wing for the Murray Bushrangers.
The Crows playing a guy who is injured and running them into the ground because we don't trust anyone new to come in?
Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back