Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 166 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same feelings about this as I did with Dawson. Want him at the club so so bad and will be devastated if he picks the scum
Really?

I felt the same way about Betts, Dawson and Rankine when others were questioning however Cumming I see him as a nice to have, not crucial to the trade period, and doesn't vault us up the ladder. I don't watch as many GWS games so that might be why but combined with injury history, that dropped mark at a crucial point in that final on the weekend and general lack of highlights over his career it just doesn't excite me that much.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though!

Doctor?

Don't believe he is doing medicine.
I saw recently on roaming Brian that Riley said he was currently studying an MBA and (I thought he said) bio medical science. He then said plainly that medicine is his career plan.

At this point of the interview, a completely unprepared and astonished Brian Taylor couldn't hide his surprise. His unspoken reaction said to me that he was embarrassed for not knowing and that his tacit opinion of ROB was far too shallow and deserving of greater respect. I don't blame Brian as I'm sure he sees footballers largely like himself....just footballers.

I bag ROB for his rucking but not the man himself. I actually respect the guy for maximising the talent he has. He's a limited footballer but given about all he could. He's clearly intelligent and he's pursuing this impressively. He's obviously driven in life to strive for the most he can.

I wish him well after he's finished footy... hopefully soon.

I saw recently on roaming Brian that Riley said he was currently studying an MBA and (I thought he said) bio medical science. He then said plainly that medicine is his career plan.

At this point of the interview, a completely unprepared and astonished Brian Taylor couldn't hide his surprise. His unspoken reaction said to me that he was embarrassed for not knowing and that his tacit opinion of ROB was far too shallow and deserving of greater respect. I don't blame Brian as I'm sure he sees footballers largely like himself....just footballers.

I bag ROB for his rucking but not the man himself. I actually respect the guy for maximising the talent he has. He's a limited footballer but given about all he could. He's clearly intelligent and he's pursuing this impressively. He's obviously driven in life to strive for the most he can.

I wish him well after he's finished footy... hopefully soon.
Backhanded compliment if ever I read one! lol.

Really?

I felt the same way about Betts, Dawson and Rankine when others were questioning however Cumming I see him as a nice to have, not crucial to the trade period, and doesn't vault us up the ladder. I don't watch as many GWS games so that might be why but combined with injury history, that dropped mark at a crucial point in that final on the weekend and general lack of highlights over his career it just doesn't excite me that much.

I'm happy to be proven wrong though!
Cumming had a very average game over the weekend but I have just genuinely liked watching him play footy over the years so have watched him closely. I would normally consider him a pretty poised footballer and last week was very unlike him.

Definitely agree he isn’t as critical as the above players you mentioned but I do believe he will been an asset and I think he’s what our backline is lacking - personally! I could also be wrong, I’m no coach 😂

Cumming had a very average game over the weekend but I have just genuinely liked watching him play footy over the years so have watched him closely. I would normally consider him a pretty poised footballer and last week was very unlike him.

Definitely agree he isn’t as critical as the above players you mentioned but I do believe he will been an asset and I think he’s what our backline is lacking - personally! I could also be wrong, I’m no coach 😂
I reckon they played him when he was CLEARLY underdone, along with Coniglio and a couple others.

He's usually a very clean player, but fatigue makes you do funny things.

My guess is we might get Cumming but Port might get Luko. Don't think either club will get both.

Luko it's more to do with us not wanting to give up what the Suns want in picks.
We have a lot more to give than Port do. At this stage I would be very surprised if we don’t get both.
Cumming is nearly certain but his manager would only be doing his job by playing both SA clubs against each other to maximize our offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre that some clubs are offering a 7 year deal for a back pocket role player like Perryman but only a four year deal for Cumming
A back pocket role player who wants to play midfield, I cant see him fitting into either a Hawthorn or Port midfield

We have a lot more to give than Port do. At this stage I would be very surprised if we don’t get both.
Cumming is nearly certain but his manager would only be doing his job by playing both SA clubs against each other to maximize our offer.

Houston will get them picks.

There is a big difference in the values of our future 1st though. Take your supporter hat off and ours is top 6, there is more 12-18.

They also have Bergmann who is probably going at the end of 2025 so they can trade their pick knowing they can get one back.

They push Luko out for Dragon..... couldnt make this stuff up
Makes sense. Hardwick doesn't like Lukos lack of attack on the ball so picks up a ruck forward that kicks most of his goals by crumbing 🤔

Not to mention he used to be known as easy... looks like the new nickname did a swift on the suns

Bizarre that some clubs are offering a 7 year deal for a back pocket role player like Perryman but only a four year deal for Cumming
Recurring hamstrings/soft tissue issues that saw him hardly play in 2024 don't excite too many AFL clubs medicos/physios.fitness crews I wouldnt think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back