Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 12 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 108 90.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

CAN YOU AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL HE'S ON STAFF

FFS, we pursue everyone and they somehow never end up here. There is every reason to be skeptical and not get ahead of ourselves that we might finally get someone good.
Did you read their post?

Whinging about the fact we're maybe not approaching Balme. Now you're whinging that we approach too many people and don't get them.

You should get your stories straight.

Also seems to have forgotten Montgomery's assistant coaching stints at Carlton and the Western Bulldogs before Port and now GWS...quite a good C.V. I would have thought.

Wasn’t highly rated at Dogs though, seeing as he was told during 2016 that he wasn’t getting an extension. So he walked and they went on to win the flag anyway. Carlton were pretty ok the 3 years he was there under Ratten. Not sure he’s a bloke on the way up though.

Wasn’t highly rated at Dogs though, seeing as he was told during 2016 that he wasn’t getting an extension. So he walked and they went on to win the flag anyway. Carlton were pretty ok the 3 years he was there under Ratten. Not sure he’s a bloke on the way up though.

Seems like a journeyman type, similar to Scott Burns

Did you read their post?

Whinging about the fact we're maybe not approaching Balme. Now you're whinging that we approach too many people and don't get them.

You should get your stories straight.

You're getting more and more unhinged with your posting lately. Just breathe. Touch some grass.

So I should add a positive spin if it don’t think it’s a positive?

His coaching career has mostly been under Ken, same as Nicks. How is it a positive to have 2 assistants who learnt their craft under the one coach, when that coach isn’t very good and our current head coach has proven to be a dud and also a dodgy used car salesman?

Give me an assistant coach to a successful senior coach and I would be positive
Brendan Bolton or Damien Drum?

So I should add a positive spin if it don’t think it’s a positive?

His coaching career has mostly been under Ken, same as Nicks. How is it a positive to have 2 assistants who learnt their craft under the one coach, when that coach isn’t very good and our current head coach has proven to be a dud and also a dodgy used car salesman?

Give me an assistant coach to a successful senior coach and I would be positive
Success seems to follow Brett Montgomery.

Player
1997-1999. 2 preliminary finals with Dogs.
2000-2004. 3 minor premierships, 1 AFL premiership and a best and fairest with Port.

Coach
2016 AFL premiership with the Dogs
2020-2021 - second and third placed minor round finishes with Port.
2023. Preliminary final with GWS.

He has a good resume IMO.

editing out him calling anybody who disagrees with him a happy clapper then removing my response to that as "unnecessary". Well played moderator lol.
Is that what I did? You didn’t actually disagree with me, you just called me out as negative, hence why I called you a clapper.

Build a case for Montgomery that actually disagrees with my reasoning rather than just having a crack at me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Success seems to follow Brett Montgomery.

Player
1997-1999. 2 preliminary finals with Dogs.
2000-2004. 3 minor premierships, 1 AFL premiership and a best and fairest with Port.

Coach
2016 AFL premiership with the Dogs
2020-2021 - second and third placed minor round finishes with Port.
2023. Preliminary final with GWS.

He has a good resume IMO.
You see that’s a reasonable reply

If we do manage to bring in Montgomery, will be interesting to see if he replaces Burns or VB. I would think Burns and then Montgomery will become the senior assistant.

Never a fan of this for coaches - “heading home to be with family” reads to me comfortable.
Reads to me as "family first" and getting his priorities right as it should be.

Burgess did the same.

Mediocrity seemed to follow Burns wherever he went, I wouldn’t say that about Montgomery’s resume at all

Feel a bit empty that we’re only getting him because ‘he wants to move back to SA’, though, would love to genuinely poach someone

You're all forgetting Montgomery's greatest claim to fame, being repeatedly reported for striking Brett Burton.

If he was an assistant coach in 2017-2019 we'd have two more flags by now.

Back