Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 8, last 2nd July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 112 90.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryan has been on their list for 3 years prior to 2024, had been performing well in the VFL and yet they still brought in Goldstein. Draper is on big coin and is their preferred number one ruck when fit and is only mid 20s, Bryan probably isn't getting regular games with Draper still there. So either target Bryan this year or Draper next year, both will want the number one ruck mantle.
Or maybe target neither, I've watched a fair bit of Bryan and for mine lacks a bit of aggression which most good rucks seem to have.

Bryan has been on their list for 3 years prior to 2024, had been performing well in the VFL and yet they still brought in Goldstein. Draper is on big coin and is their preferred number one ruck when fit and is only mid 20s, Bryan probably isn't getting regular games with Draper still there. So either target Bryan this year or Draper next year, both will want the number one ruck mantle.
I'd pass on Draper honestly.

Hardwick and the Scott twins were solid defenders.
Hinkley was a half back flank that had 2 great years but pretty standard otherwise.
Simpson was an accumulator mid, not an absolute star - 1 AA nod in a 15 year career.
Clarkson and Beveridge had similar careers as fringe best 22 players.
Sheedy, Malthouse and Pagan were tough back pockets, nothing more.

And yes, there's been plenty of great players who've been good coaches.

What does this all prove? That it doesn't matter if you were an average, good or great player - you can still be an average, good or great coach.
I was too young to know anything about Hinkley. But my recollection of most of others (e.g. Hardwick, Simpson) is that they were above-average players in very good teams, and important cogs in those teams. I reserve 'star player' for the likes of Voss and Buckley. That seems to be the type that gets into the system.

But that's not a predictor of success either - look at Leppitsch (who was a gun).

I was too young to know anything about Hinkley. But my recollection of most of others (e.g. Hardwick, Simpson) is that they were above-average players in very good teams, and important cogs in those teams. I reserve 'star player' for the likes of Voss and Buckley. That seems to be the type that gets into the system.

But that's not a predictor of success either - look at Leppitsch (who was a gun).
Hinkley had a span where he was in the Brownlow conversation

To be fair, if Adelaide were smarter we could have a major real estate sponsor and do the similar thing, can’t be salty about the fact we are stupid and lack balls.
Pubs......

Peter Hurley has looked after a few players in his time.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

When you look at it, for some reason the coaches of the premiership teams have played in a premiership
exceptions in recent times are Beveridge, Clarkson, Roos, Williams

Richmond wanted to keep him = wanted more in trade for him and fine to keep him on their list of they didn't get it. They have Nankervis so not a desperate need.

Bryan is a 22 yr old 2nd round pick who's starting to look pretty good and given their other rucks are a 65 year old Goldstein and loose cannon Draper, Essendon not casually handing Bryan to another team this off season.
Depends if that suits Bryan.

You'd have to imagine he's pissed off he re-signed and Essendon went and recruited a 35 year old.

Matteas Phillipou coming to Adelaide regardless of contract status New
Accidently just tuned into Pipes Planet or whatever the hell he self-named it.
Someone called "Rumor Ron" (seems legit) said regardless of contract, Matteas Phillipou would be traded to Adelaide next year.
Tune in next week & he will reveal what Adelaide will be required to offer to make it happen. 🤔 You call you get on...Ron.

Someone called "Rumor Ron" (seems legit) said regardless of contract, Matteas Phillipou would be traded to Adelaide next year.
Tune in next week & he will reveal what Adelaide will be required to offer to make it happen. 🤔 You call you get on...Ron.
Next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they'll want ROB to replace Marshall?

His rumor last year was Philipou wouldn’t re-sign and would come back to adelaide….

So the same level of credibility that resulted in people losing their minds over Curtin earlier in the season? Some guy on SEN is my second favourite source after "his dad said he's happy"

Also, Harrison Petty is totally checked out in Melb. He's coming home at the end of the 2024 season & will likely finish up the year in the VFL, greatly reducing his trade value, which let's face it wouldn't currently by sky high.

Last edited:
Back