Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 10, last 16th July)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • No

Votes: 120 89.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, though TBF I haven't seen enough of him to have any strong opinion but I can't see where he'd fit. Does he ruck? If not we don't need a key Forward, especially one who's a bit of a journeyman - GWS to Freo To Dogs - seems to suggest he has trouble assimilating.
Lonely Loser GIF by Travis

Clearly M.Crouch has already taken Laird's midfield role and possibly ROB has turned a corner after his 2nd half last week otherwise easy to address as any reasonable competent ruckman with AFL fitness can replace him compared to trying to find quality midfielders like what Rankine and Soligo has shown this year.
Might be a little early to tell but Dowling and Taylor are looking good

Lobbe isn’t no good. He actually has a lot of talent. Shown occasionally and is massively overpaid based on that. You don’t get his salary unless you can play. The only way you’d consider him is for a salary dump like a Grundy deal, where the Bulldogs paid a significant chunk of his salary.

Even then, I’m not convinced he’s a need. Or a good fit for us.
Your taking the piss, are you related to lobb? Is that you Rory?😉

I know you're only joking, but I want to add this stat anyway.

Lachie Murphy has scored multiple goals in only 4 of his 75 games under Nicks.
I've never wanted to lose a game so much as this one against the Saints, we gotta lock away a draft pick before them considering the AFL is trying to **** us again

I've never wanted to lose a game so much as this one against the Saints, we gotta lock away a draft pick before them considering the AFL is trying to **** us again

You can afford to beat them this week. They have WCE and Richmond both at Marvel coming up, so you’d think they will get two wins there to be back in front 😀

In fact this is their last game outside of Victoria for the the season. Remaining six games are all at Marvel.

Even being destitute as they are, they still get the VaFL benefits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobbe isn’t no good. He actually has a lot of talent. Shown occasionally and is massively overpaid based on that. You don’t get his salary unless you can play. The only way you’d consider him is for a salary dump like a Grundy deal, where the Bulldogs paid a significant chunk of his salary.

Even then, I’m not convinced he’s a need. Or a good fit for us.

You get the idea Lobbe was ambivalent to what he wanted to do in life, thought he'd football for a few years because hey why not, and then he started getting massively paid.

Heart just isn't in it. A pity because he could have been a good player

I'm angry we burned pick 6 on McAsey. That is real.
Well we also messed up Galluci. And we lost two first round tips and whatever Tippet himself was worth. So that's at least 3 more.

And Mchenry.

And Cook and Jones and Milera I guess, but I have hope still with those guys.

So we've had what, like 15 first round picks in the last 12 years, 3 of which were taken away and 3 more are barf, and another 3 are dubious.

Go crows.

You can afford to beat them this week. They have WCE and Richmond both at Marvel coming up, so you’d think they will get two wins there to be back in front 😀

In fact this is their last game outside of Victoria for the the season. Remaining six games are all at Marvel.

Even being destitute as they are, they still get the VaFL benefits.
Ok you got me, I don't want to win anymore games this season so nicks gets sacked

Ok you got me, I don't want to win anymore games this season so nicks gets sacked

Yes… I get it 😆

Unfortunately you may have a few wins left in you… this week, Hawthorn at home. Bulldogs at home possibly also, if they are out of the running by then. Before you even get to the game against Port Power.

If he plays the youth in the remainder, then that’s something…

What would we get for Laird?

Surely he's worth a bit - dual AA, stats out the wazoo for 5+ years. Getting older, but he's got 3+ years in him still.
It would never happen as the club is wedded to him and he is making no noises to move, but if a club offered a decent (ie mid round) F1 for Laird and our F2, I would do that.

It would never happen as the club is wedded to him and he is making no noises to move, but if a club offered a decent (ie mid round) F1 for Laird and our F2, I would do that.
Laird in real trouble if we get Draper or other midfield gun at the end of the year, Soligo has locked down his spot.

Back