List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Its time to talk about Tex and Crouch

Crouch I have mentioned before as being possible trade option or SANFL break glass only

We have our core and any mids we draft can get guidance from him in the 2s

If he doesnt like it I think we ask where he wants to go

Tex - I know this is difficult for some - akin to putting down a favourite dog - but there comes a time when its the best for both parties

I see a future where he isnt an auto selection and its rushing up on him.

Why do ppl think just because someone's out of the side it's a guarantee they'll be delisted. Sholl was a regular, then he was on the outer for almost a whole season and then was re signed. Crouch similar. Hamill similar.

People also reckon Gollant will be delisted but how long did it take fog to come good? He's just hit some good form in the twos now as well. Won't be surprised if he gets another 2 years.
No, it’s mainly because you have to delist uncontracted players on the senior list to make room on the list to actually draft players.

Gollant is 100% gone.

Crouch I have mentioned before as being possible trade option or SANFL break glass only

Tex - I know this is difficult for some - akin to putting down a favourite dog - but there comes a time when its the best for both parties

It’s definitely harder to justify Tex’s re-signing as it stands now. Even if he hits some good end of season form, I wouldn’t be convinced of the sample size. It’s been a bad and injury riddled year where he still gets more ball directed at him than anyone else. Still, let’s wait until the draft and trade period have concluded and see if there’s a vacant spot.

Crouch and/or Laird, don’t care, get rid of them, they’ll never contribute to a flag and we’ve got enough grunt going into next year and need the minutes to further develop others.

Crouch will be around for another year but I hope he doesn't play much.

I think the argument with Tex is not so much about can he get through another season and kick some goals in say 50% of games. I think we can nurse him through again and he would contribute.

I don't think he would offer anything more leadership wise than he already has. Last night proved that. His experience is also limited to one club.

I think the argument is more has the playing group moved past him and is it time for the new generation to completly take over and make their own history.

I think it is time, I'd like to think a small part of Tex might have felt that watching last night.

Crouch will be around for another year but I hope he doesn't play much.

I think the argument with Tex is not so much about can he get through another season and kick some goals in say 50% of games. I think we can nurse him through again and he would contribute.

I don't think he would offer anything more leadership wise than he already has. Last night proved that. His experience is also limited to one club.

I think the argument is more has the playing group moved past him and is it time for the new generation to completly take over and make their own history.

I think it is time, I'd like to think a small part of Tex might have felt that watching last night.

I wonder if we’ll see articles during the week about 2 year offers from other clubs get rerun. This would be the least confident anyone has been of our need for him to go around again. Given his role, it’s been a poor year, injury hampered and we beat a team away that’s in the 8 and he’s rested having played only 3 games following a month off.

I wonder if we’ll see articles during the week about 2 year offers from other clubs get rerun. This would be the least confident anyone has been of our need for him to go around again. Given his role, it’s been a poor year, injury hampered and we beat a team away that’s in the 8 and he’s rested having played only 3 games following a month off.

Trying to pressure the club in the media for an extension is poor. I get its his management but given it has happened in the past they don't do that without his approval. I think it reflects poorly on him.

Like always it will be a hard preseason, if he plays on I'd be saying that there will be less nursing him through.

Here’s best case scenario for mine , based on what I heard yesterday and then us with some smart forward planning

In:
Cumming - FA

English - FA

Trade in another top 10 pick - Freo (will need Warner ammo , or GC who will have it sucked up on Lombard pick.

2nd round pick from St.kilda for Berry who looks gone with “put off talks til end of year”

We go to draft and get

5- Draper
8- Lalor ( if he is gone then we get Dodson)
25- Champion/Barret
Welsh - F/S

Here’s best case scenario for mine , based on what I heard yesterday and then us with some smart forward planning

In:
Cumming - FA

English - FA

Trade in another top 10 pick - Freo (will need Warner ammo , or GC who will have it sucked up on Lombard pick.

2nd round pick from St.kilda for Berry who looks gone with “put off talks til end of year”

We go to draft and get

5- Draper
25- Champion/Barret
Welsh - F/S
You have to be the leading contender for Kristof's title. I reckon you're in with a genuine shot. ;-)

You have to be the leading contender for Kristof's title. I reckon you're in with a genuine shot. ;-)
You ever want to propose anything around List Management, Bicks?

This IS the List Management thread. Don't shit on people who are actually offering something unless you have something to offer yourself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what does your best case look like out of curiosity?
You’d have Lalor at 5
Tbh I’d do that but we’ll go the safe local option first
Nope I have Draper above Lalor at this point in time depending on the finish to the season. We haven't seen the best of either to this point for obvious reasons.

It’s not that far fetched. We won’t need much to match Welsh around the 30 mark. So to have points for him and to get 8, we have next year’s first, existing 3rd rounder and 3 players rumoured to want out that will each provide a 3rd at worst. Might not quite get us to 8, but wouldn’t be far off. Cumming I’ve heard is a fair chance, English does seem a bit ‘hopeful’.

In:
Cumming - FA

English - FA

We go to draft and get

5- Draper
25- Champion/Barret
Welsh - F/S
Imagine that actually happened..it would set us up big time

In:
Cumming - FA

English - FA

We go to draft and get

5- Draper
25- Champion/Barret
Welsh - F/S

Sounds excellent - obviously unlikely to get the extra first rounder but I would happily offer up next years to have two cracks this year

Barrett looks tied to Port based on the change to NGA rules - would like us to be in a position to eat up there first pick though (around 32) with a bid in the late 20’s. Hopefully Dodson gets through to there although seems unlikely

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes. When the Port mids actually turn up. Sometimes they don't especially when playing decent sides.

The good part of playing Port is you know exactly how they can beat you so all effort can go into trying to subdue that. Break even in the middle and we have them at either end of the ground

Nope I have Draper above Lalor at this point in time depending on the finish to the season. We haven't seen the best of either to this point for obvious reasons.

Draper has been excellent for the Panthers. Was hoping after the championships he would drop toward 8-15. But his Sanfl exploits have put paid to that

I think that's fair.

Up to Adelaide now to find A grade midfield talent given our poor year and access to another top pick.

But the analysis also doesn't consider our other youth who in volume will overpower what Port have drafted given the two clubs performance over the past 5 years and Port trading away their picks.

My under 26 analysis

Port

JHF, Butters, Rozee, Georgiadis, Farrell, Drew, Burgoyne, Evans, Bergman, Mead, Sinn, Jones, Marshall, Lord, BZT, Williams

Crows

Rachele, Soligo, Michalanney, Rankine, Thilthorpe, Fogarty, Worrell, Dowling, Pedlar, Sholl, Taylor, Murray, Butts, Keane, Berry, Curtin, Ryan, Edwards, Cook, Hamill, Nankervis

Crows list bats way deeper in talent levels and quantity. The challenge for the Crows is to add A grade talent at the top end especially in the midfield to drive that advantage home, not just compared to Port, but in terms of our long term top 4 ambitions.

I think the difference for me is JHF. He has the potential to be a top 5 player in the league which you normally need to win the flag. Swap him and I think our list is better.

In:
Cumming - FA

English - FA

We go to draft and get

5- Draper
25- Champion/Barret
Welsh - F/S
What did you hear?

I think the difference for me is JHF. He has the potential to be a top 5 player in the league which you normally need to win the flag. Swap him and I think our list is better.
Fyfe was a top 2 players in the league and Fremantle didn't win a premiership, did play in a Grand Final though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back