News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So one of these campaigners think that the angry midget has done a better job with Norf in the same time period? The same bloke that has won 5 matches and let Ratts coach for most of last year? And that we won on the weekend because the players ignored the coaches?
Jesus it's ridiculous isn't it?
Media just love to stick the boots in.

What was evident for me last game, was that we took more risks going forward, especially after half-time & things paid off because of it & all of our backman had high DE.

Jesus it's ridiculous isn't it?
Media just love to stick the boots in.

I said the same thing and most of us have known all year that it was transition inside 50 and a dysfunctional and injured forward line that was the issue. Our rebound looks elite with excellent outside players. Missing midfielders haven’t helped win easy ball and deliver it too.

Apparently we are trying to dissolve the defence according to Stav. Howard and Battle out. Guys like Paton pushed out and Webster near the end. I think we are about to need to start building the defence again. Sincs and Wilkie probably have 3 years left.

If we don't play finals soon the defence will be unrecognisable the next time we do. Hopefully we can sign Nas to a 10 year contract. Ari has shown enough to suggest he probably makes it to at least a best 22 player. Van Es, Keeler in development. We might take Hammer out of the forward line and make him a permanent FB but then make a hole at the other end.

Hawks have Grainger-Barrass in development, Ethan Phillips, Blanc and Frost. Sicily, Jaith, Scrimshaw, Weddle, Hardwick, Impey, Serong etc down back. The defence is stacked. Getting Battle in they double their rebound power and have cover for when Siciliy retires in a couple of years.

The Hawks have drafted and traded very well and just need games into kids mostly. There aren't many holes in their list any more. I think they are a bit ahead of us in structure and if we go younger they should jump us and play finals for a few years as they continue building out their depth.
I don't think they have a good list of key position players.

Max King to be offered $10million for 9 year contract according to Jon Ralph midweek tackle

Last edited:
Mentioning Granger Barrass as a quality defender is on par with us saying Matt Allison is a promising tall forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's a 21 year old who looks a bit average so far but so have plenty of Saints at the same age. He was a pick 6 so will be given time.

They have talls on the list developing. No one said he's quality yet but people suggest that they have a midfield and nothing else.

A few of you guys are very triggered about the Hawks list. I think it's a lot more advanced than people realise. They have put a lot of the pieces in place already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a 21 year old who looks a bit average so far but so have plenty of Saints at the same age. He was a pick 6 so will be given time.

They have talls on the list developing. No one said he's quality yet but people suggest that they have a midfield and nothing else.

A few of you guys are very triggered about the Hawks list. I think it's a lot more advanced than people realise. They have put a lot of the pieces in place already.
Not triggered, they just don't have a decent spine of key position players. That's it, they still need to correct that part of the puzzle.

Evaluating lists based on about 6 or 7 weeks of good form is fraught. We of all clubs should recognise this.
Saying a club is ahead of others based on subjective, future forecasting evidence can come unstuck quickly.
Hold your powder til the reality is becoming more solid over a tested period.
Potential means little until it becomes reality.

Hawthorn still have issues in their forward line Lewis inj 12 months may not come back,Breust 33,Gunston 32 so their list needs work like ours.

theyre great with the attack on the ground ball, but thats about it. i dont think its sustainable.

the thing is with hawks is that they are like us last year but in reverse. they have a strongish midfield but weak in KP areas and a soft draw.

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Max King to be offered $10million for 9 year contract according to Jon Ralph midweek tackle

I might've done Nick Riewoldt for that, and he had bung knees at an early age! But King... locking up your cap for a decade... incredible, if not reckless, risk. It could bury us for a generation.

Given where the salary cap is heading, that's actually cheap for a 50 goal per year forward (which he is when fit). In 5 years' time there will be guys earning $1.5M per year.

Ralph regularly exaggerates salaries by like 20%+.
I'm probably more concerned over 9 years for a player who has either missed chunks of games or played injured for the majority of the past 2 seasons.

I get that he is a special talent, I hope one day he fulfils that talent. I just fear that at the moment he represents potential and not concrete guarantees of consistent 22 game 75 goal seasons.

I might've done Nick Riewoldt for that, and he had bung knees at an early age! But King... locking up your cap for a decade... incredible, if not reckless, risk. It could bury us for a generation.
The salary cap is going up 20% over the next 4 years. Fox Footy recently estimated that by 2026 there will be 50 players in the AFL getting more than $1m per year. The average wage will be $520k per year in 3 years' time. If we can front-end the contract, we will be laughing when King is not even in the top 15 paid players on our list in the second half of his deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back