News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be open to trading King if we could get a good deal for him, we seem to play better without him so he wouldn't be a big loss.

I wouldn't be trading Sinclair or Steele though, they are heart and soul players and quality mids which we need more of not less.
Steele , Sinclair have been our best players over the last 5yrs and also being All Australians - we need mentors for all the kids coming through - apart from Wilkie , Marshall , Hill and Wood we are short on experience knowing Membery and Ross could well be gone next year.

With King I wouldn't be trading him and I wouldn't be extending his contract - I would get Lyon to put the blow torch on him - extending his contract gives him no incentive to improve.
He has 2 years to go on his contract , let's see after the 2 yrs or at least after next season.

And that’s what Stkilda always does. Take that medicine and hold no one accountable for it
If it happens it’s shocking list management
You have gone all Gringo and it hasn't even happened

And that’s what Stkilda always does. Take that medicine and hold no one accountable for it
If it happens it’s shocking list management

You have gone all Gringo and it hasn't even happened

Perhaps they’re one and the same 🤔

CiQFR8f.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe we’ve offloaded Bonner after playing him for 19 games.
Weird.
Really gonna miss TC.
Very surprised Van Morrison gone.
Allison was lucky to stay this long.
Agree on Bonner, I would have thought the recruitment would be due to expecting finals but we played him right through to r22, long after the season was dead. Doubt we are in the business of gifting games to senior players who have just stepped into the club.

Weird.
Really gonna miss TC.
If we look at the start of the year, Sinclair off no preseason, J Web the big suspension, injuries to Dow, Clark and Crouch. I think Bonner was always a break glass type.

At the end of the year the club has seen enough of the two Anguses, Schoenmachers and Irish to be happy enough to let him go. No great loss but 19 games is more an understanding of our injury list and young blokes not being ready than Bonners actual worth.

Personally I wonder whether it means we have a mid guaranteed, Sinclair as a mid wasn't great, nor was NWM.

Weird.
Really gonna miss TC.

Shades of Cameron Shenton.

View attachment 2095564
Disappointing to lose him just as he's entering his prime and playing very good footy.

Unfortunately circumstances, meant this probably had to happen in order for us to try and bolster our lacklustre midfield.

Heart & Soul type who is definitely the most unfortunate player we've lost out of everyone that's left over the last 10 years. Wish him all the best, just not against us

Hope he has 3 sons and only plays 99 premiershipless games with the Hawks

I hope he gets to 100, has one son who is selected by the Hawks , plays for 10 years without achieving anything , then chooses to go to StKilda for less money and wins a Brownlow.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back