List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean, if we're looking to split pick 2 then why don't we split it for say Essingtons pick 8 and their future 1st. I don't see them doing any better next year.

Then you can keep our F1 on the table for Houston and still have a good first pick next year.

If Port aren't interested then walk away.

If we brought in
Houston
Parker
Daniel
Darling

That's enough improvement in my eyes for to end up in a similar finishing position to the bombers next year anyway.

This thread is so confusing. The same people saying don't trade picks for anyone unless they're elite talents, are also turning their nose up at an elite talent. Houston is elite.

You're not bringing in an elite talent 22-24 year old to a 17th placed club like people here are wishing for. Houston is basically falling in to our lap out of circumstance. Something that rarely happens.

You build a wall a brick at a time. You don't sit around hoping the bricks just fall in to place over time. Houston would be a big tick for continuous improvement.
No dealings with the Bummers are permitted...

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Rhylee West from the Doggies?
Straight swap for Luke McDonald. Both F/Sons and both need a change of scenery.

John West for Ronald McDonald.

Make it happen Bob Ansett..

Owies literally does not improve us one bit. He's Paul Curtis with more limitations. We need a small forward, not a medium forward in a small forward's body
In today's footy (finals especially) you need 2-3 of these types. They win more games than the talls

Straight swap for Luke McDonald. Both F/Sons and both need a change of scenery.

John West for Ronald McDonald.

Make it happen Bob Ansett..

Luke McDonald's "need" for a change of scenery is nothing to do with Luke and everything to do with angsty supporters who desperately want a change of captaincy. I can imagine that Rhylee West might want more opportunities that he is not necessarily getting at the Bulldogs but no way is Luke contemplating a change of scenery as you say.

Luke McDonald's "need" for a change of scenery is nothing to do with Luke and everything to do with angsty supporters who desperately want a change of captaincy. I can imagine that Rhylee West might want more opportunities that he is not necessarily getting at the Bulldogs but no way is Luke contemplating a change of scenery as you say.

It's the equivalent of screaming "just kick the bloody thing!" And then screaming "who was that to?" after it gets intercepted

This thread never fails to amaze.

Being fussy about who we pick up… we have won 13 or so games in 5 years and have holes everywhere.

Darling
Houston
Daniel
Parker
Membrey

All play at North and in our best 15. Take who we can get pending they can provide an off field and on field boost.

Our list is diabolically bad with a glaring hole of players aged 25+.

Good on the club for trying to fix that. If they can attract bigger names they would, fact is they can’t.

Last thing North need is another 18 year old kid.

can play

got dropped late in the year for 1 game

Looking back on this - he missed a game through suspension in round 15 then played every game thereafter until he was subbed off with a broken jaw against us in round 23. Named emergency for their final which was strange - was he fit or was he not? Only other game it seems he missed was round 8.

Really doubt we'd be any shot.

West played 21 of a possible 24 games for the dogs in 2024 Was suspended for one game he missed and then was emergency for the final.

I just can't see how this equates to him not getting opportunities

It's the equivalent of screaming "just kick the bloody thing!" And then screaming "who was that to?" after it gets intercepted

The irony of Jack Ziebell hack kicking the ball out of a dangerous position (which was somehow symbolic of his leadership), then handing over captaincy to Luke McDonald hack kicking the ball out of a dangerous position also ties these two points together in a neat bow.

Geez, so many on here complaining about the club actually sorting out players to improve the team.
Haven't been watching much of the last 4 years have you?

Yeah I hear you, but the problem is we've all been burnt so many times before by 'the club' trying to sort out players to improve the team, so forgive us if we are a bit skeptical:

CCJ
Dylan Stephens
Biggie
Jaidyn Stephenson
Atu
Lachie Young
Aiden Bonar
Polec
Dom Tyson
Tom Dyson
Ahern
Hrovat
Gysberts
Will Sierakowski
Ben McKinley
Sam Power
Ben Davies
Jonathon Hay...

Our track record in the whole has been pretty average (yes with a few exceptions)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West played 21 of a possible 24 games for the dogs in 2024 Was suspended for one game he missed and then was emergency for the final.

I just can't see how this equates to him not getting opportunities
You are probably right although he may feel the opportunities he is getting, ie position he's being asked to play, are not befitting of his talents or ambitions. But he is playing in a team in contention and he may back himself in to move up the chain. He'd have to be slightly concerned about Riley Sanders usurping him.

This trade period is beginning to worry me a little.

Seems like we're throwing our hat into the ring for anyone that becomes available regardless of what they can offer us on field or not. Names that are being bandied about are just the same types of players we already have or have the same sort of deficiencies as those they would be replacing.

I would prefer to be seeing a laser like, deep focus on a few players who are genuinely going to improve us with what they can bring. We've already made decisions over the last few years that are clogging out list. We don't need more.

Seems like we're throwing our hat into the ring for anyone that becomes available regardless of what they can offer us on field or not. Names that are being bandied about are just the same types of players we already have or have the same sort of deficiencies as those they would be replacing.

I would prefer to be seeing a laser like, deep focus on a few players who are genuinely going to improve us with what they can bring. We've already made decisions over the last few years that are clogging out list. We don't need more.

You're reacting to media and Bigfooty speculation, much of which is baseless.

How do you know there is not a "laser like, deep focus on a few players who are genuinely going to improve us"?

It was tongue in cheek mate, relax.

I mean we lack goals. I.wouldnt be turning a nose up at anyone who has shown they can kick them on a regular basis, because it generally means they also know how to move inside 50
Similarly is the reason that Curtis kicking less goals because of the quality of ball coming in. Or would you say owies is better than Curtis.

Also our fwd line is likely Larkey, KPF 2, CZ, small crumbing fwd (owies isn’t that) plus two of Curtis, Duursma, Ford, potentially George resting mids on hff, I don’t think owies gives us anything we don’t have a roughly 8 possie per game fwd isn’t really that great. The sml fwd we need is a crumbing def pressure type not a moderately effective mark and kick type

Seems like we're throwing out hat into the ring for anyone that becomes available regardless of what they can offer us on field or not. Names that are being bandied about are just same types of players we already have or have the same sort of deficiencies as those they would be replacing.

Examples?

We don't have any strong, defensively accountable partners for Larkey. Hence Darling.

Parker is holding his own as a midfield leader with the gf favourite. Seems like he might have something to offer.

Houston and Daniel are better kicks than anyone at the club whose name isn't Harry Sheezel. One won silverware, the other is probably the best HBF in the game. Seems like the kind of players we require to improve our diabolical rebound game.

Given where our list is at, and our chronic lack of experienced quality, they all seem like astute selections to me.

Who else have we actually been linked to?

You're reacting to media and Bigfooty speculation, much of which is baseless.

How do you know there is not a "laser like, deep focus on a few players who are genuinely going to improve us"?

Like with anything really, the less projects you have, the more time and energy you can invest in them.

This thread never fails to amaze.

Being fussy about who we pick up… we have won 13 or so games in 5 years and have holes everywhere.

One reason we have those holes is because of the players we have recycled. These are the players we have recycled from 2020 onwards (the Rawlings years). It's a horror show. We clearly need to be way more fussy about who we pick up.

Atu Bosenavulagi
Jaidyn Stephenson
Lachie Young
Aidan Corr
Connor Menadue
Callum Coleman-Jones
Hugh Greenwood
Tom Lynch
Griffen Logue
Darcy Tucker
Daniel Howe
Liam Shiels
Zac Fisher
Bigoa Nyuon
Dylan Stephens
Toby Pink
Brynn Teakle

Last thing North need is another 18 year old kid.

Ironically the 18 year old kids we have brought in over the last couple of years have improved the team more than those we have recycled. I'd rather we continue on this path.

Similarly is the reason that Curtis kicking less goals because of the quality of ball coming in. Or would you say owies is better than Curtis.

Also our fwd line is likely Larkey, KPF 2, CZ, small crumbing fwd (owies isn’t that) plus two of Curtis, Duursma, Ford, potentially George resting mids on hff, I don’t think owies gives us anything we don’t have a roughly 8 possie per game fwd isn’t really that great. The sml fwd we need is a crumbing def pressure type not a moderately effective mark and kick type

We have a bunch of forwards who don't move when they aren't directly in the contest, or move to make space for others. Curtis is talented but he is a culprit there too.

Not saying Owies is the answer to anything but the idea that we're in a position to reject forwards who have shown to be dangerous on the basis that we already have their type is pretty funny.

Examples?

We don't have any strong, defensively accountable partners for Larkey. Hence Darling.

Parker is holding his own as a midfield leader with the gf favourite. Seems like he might have something to offer.

Houston and Daniel are better kicks than anyone at the club whose name isn't Harry Sheezel. One won silverware, the other is probably the best HBF in the game. Seems like the kind of players we require to improve our diabolical rebound game.

Given where our list is at, and our chronic lack of experienced quality, they all seem like astute selections to me.

Who else have we actually been linked to?

Write down a list of all players potentially available in this years trade period and at some point in time we've been mentioned to be involved with most of them.

Of those you mentioned, I don't think Darling improves us but we can agree to disagree.

Parker is a definite yes for me. One of few.

Houston is fine depending on what he costs us. Daniel, whilst he's a good kick, has similar deficiencies to others like Fisher with defensive accountability. His kicking ability alone would only improve us marginally I feel so it's a no for me.

On top of that, Stringer and Laverde have toured us. Stringer is the same type of player as Zurhaar. I'd rather just stick with Zurhaar. Laverde is the same as Corr. Ideally, I think we need to move past Corr. Then there's Owies who is another Curtis that doesn't have the defensive pressure we need. Kostanty sounds promising but Stephens has showed us the pitfalls of going after Sydney players who they're not overly interested in keeping. I'm sure there are others that are not coming to mind right now.

I like Kennedy as a big bodied, defensive mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back