List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In recent years we tried to get Xerri and Draper.
Can't say we didn't try. In hindsight a future 2nd for Xerri was a pretty good deal.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Both ended up being good players. Should try to shake Bryan out of Essendon again. Hopefully Goldy goes around again and makes him think about his future.

You could try get the likes of Pittonet or Reeves (as per Twomey they should be available) and Reidy

Both are pretty meh. Think I'd rather play Campbell and Heath until a more premium one comes up. Reeves is at least young enough to have a fair bit of development left.

I don't think so. More likely that they realised that we'd stuffed up 2 consecutive rebuilds and needed to stay competitive. Lethlean and Gags started trading out players for picks. Only upgrades were a lot harder to get than imagined so they had to go and pay top dollar to get a slight upgrade.

Diabolical drafting under Trout and less so Libba and the rest is history. According to those responsible, landing the two academy kids changed our focus and we started to chase kids at the draft. Otherwise we would have kept going as we were.

There was a really scary path where we gave Gags, Lethers and Rath the keys to the club. Every time I think there are things that Lyon and his crew aren't doing right it's good to rememberer the bullet that we dodged.
Yes l agree with all that. But l double down that Juicy was an identified numbskull.
I do wonder if Coff, Clark and Pato hadn't been derailed might it have looked a bit different.
Anyways in hindsight it was never gonna work and we are most certainly on a better path, obviously no guarantees though.
I've believed from 2022 that Windy is our high water mark and it seems to be the club's belief also.

Both are pretty meh. Think I'd rather play Campbell and Heath until a more premium one comes up. Reeves is at least young enough to have a fair bit of development left.
Good rucks really don’t have a major impact. I’d rather find a big brute that just clears the way for 120 minutes

Trade thread botts, past and potential future trades could be discussed at any moment. Hold on tight.

What are going to do with Melbournes 3rd rounder? 48-odd that turns into 60?

Anything but give the pick back for Junior Burger I hope. God I am traumatised by his spudness. Would’ve happily received worse than pick 48 just to offload that potato and his cap.

4856e9748150334c190a4e5e9e764b7f.jpg

Good rucks really don’t have a major impact. I’d rather find a big brute that just clears the way for 120 minutes
Pittonet does seem pretty good as a Row replacement and I think he'd definitely be willing to make the move to regain a #1 ruck mantle. Not too old at 28 - same age as Row and although he isn't great around the ground, his tap work is better than Row which could give our mids a different look. Could get it done for a 3rd rounder or 4th as an upgrade to Campbell while giving Heath more time to develop
1719396634990.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, Ross is the interesting one.
What to do?

Will miss Timmy, but good luck to him if he can get another gig somewhere.

Jones, meh.

Crouch, shame if he gives it away. I think he was a very good acquisition. We have really missed him this year.

Can’t see Webster not getting at least another year.

Hayes, a shame. But was never really a part of the team due to his unfortunate injuries.

A couple on the main board saying Battle is staying. Internet is always correct
My partner who barracks for hawthorn was saying or even gloating that Hawks offering 6 year deal.

Yes l agree with all that. But l double down that Juicy was an identified numbskull.
I do wonder if Coff, Clark and Pato hadn't been derailed might it have looked a bit different.
Anyways in hindsight it was never gonna work and we are most certainly on a better path, obviously no guarantees though.
I've believed from 2022 that Windy is our high water mark and it seems to be the club's belief also.

I saw Bruce got likes from ex teammates on his return from his knee rehab so he mustn't have made that bad an impression on them all. He seemed to be in a little clique with Lonie, Sincs, Newnes, Billings, Matress etc. There seemed to be some fracture in the friendship but they were all gone not long after that.

For me .. Membrey, Jones, Crouch, Ross & Hayes all look well roasted

Webster, Wood & Campbell should be kept

I can see either Stocker or Hastie replacing Webster though we definitely need to solidify our ruck stocks ... Wood harder to replace on the wing with his defensive and attacking capabilities coupled with his elite kicking, running and marking skills

Pittonet does seem pretty good as a Row replacement and I think he'd definitely be willing to make the move to regain a #1 ruck mantle. Not too old at 28 - same age as Row and although he isn't great around the ground, his tap work is better than Row which could give our mids a different look. Could get it done for a 3rd rounder or 4th as an upgrade to Campbell while giving Heath more time to develop
View attachment 2031056

He's a good tap ruck but not much else IMO. Pretty much moving sideways from Campbell. I thought Campbell played a good game against the Lions. We won clearance against a better midfield and a lot was his tap work giving us an easier ride.

The danger with replacing Marshall is that he's our most competitive player and our only guy that sees to be able to tempo shift and power us up. It's also only a positive if to replace him with someone as good , ist doesn't end up costing more than we receive.

This draft is very average and not one you'd get too excited about having too much skin in. Clubs would be happy to trade out of high picks IMO.

We could pay him out or put him on the long term injury list and bring in another player

Depends how bad the knee is. I'd rather have him listed incase if we are paying him anyway.

My understanding was that there was a lengthy meeting last week specifically around Battle.

Today could very well have been about Jones and Membrey - who has 2-3 suitors apparently
We can only wish. I'm happy to trade Membrey if any club wants him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back