List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

That deal going through is going to kill Mini's senior coaching career before it even starts. History will show it as dropping generational talent, heavily linked if Reid walks and probably overwhelming seen as nepotism. SURELY like the Port board the Eagles board put a stop to it and threaten to sack the list management team.

I feel like it's ****ing bizzaro world this trade period.
Agree 100%

TR are as flakey as the WCE list managers

Reckons we should take Bailey Smith with no meeting, and no medical at pick 8. These blokes are cooked.

Someone reckons we are after Brodie Kemp but we knocked back Carlton's request for pick 27.

la la land as we approach the deadline.

TR are as flakey as the WCE managers

Reckons we should take Bailey Smith with no meeting, and no medical at pick 8. These blokes are cooked.

Someone reckons we are after Brodie Kemp but we knocked back Carlton's request for pick 27.

la la land as we approach the deadline.
I hope someone takes Bailey Smith.
I’m not opposed to the saints doing it.
I’m sick of Geelong just getting everything they want.

So what are Carlton desperate for with pick 3? A mid/fwd like Lalor would surely be in their sights.

Gee they've done really well out of this trade. On points alone they basically break even (2405 in, 2438 out).

For WC, it basically values Owies as pick 71. Not bad going by Carlton to use a player they were pushing out the door anyway.

Carlton are certainly the winners out of this deal.

So what are Carlton desperate for with pick 3? A mid/fwd like Lalor would surely be in their sights.

Gee they've done really well out of this trade. On points alone they basically break even (2405 in, 2438 out).

For WC, it basically values Owies as pick 71. Not bad going by Carlton to use a player they were pushing out the door anyway.

Apparently FOS is Walsh’s cousin and he is their target

They are desperate for burst in midfield

FOS/Lalor/Draper will be in their sights

Can any one explain the practicalities of sliding back.
I.e. if the saints are on the clock with pick 8 and the giants call.
- Can the saints determine the exact player the giants take if we agree to let them trade up? And get them to sign something to ensure they don’t lie and take the player the saints want?

Or is it more based on your educated guess of who they are grabbing? If so, seems a huge risk
We can't prevent the club trading up from taking a certain player, but it has to be an open conversation. Assuming we're only swapping back a few places, if they say "we're trading up to take Lindsay" and then take someone else, it's extreme bad faith and is really bad for relationships between list managers.

All this posturing and being difficult that has gone on the last week is annoying but at least list managers will still get in a room every year and try to hash out deals. If the Giants were to lie about who they were taking in a live trade scenario (particularly where the Saints have one of the next picks) then no one will entertain doing that with them in the future.

For the record I'd say if we were to trade with GWS to go from 8 to 15/16 it would only matter if we both want the same player, given our next pick would be so far away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't prevent the club trading up from taking a certain player, but it has to be an open conversation. Assuming we're only swapping back a few places, if they say "we're trading up to take Lindsay" and then take someone else, it's extreme bad faith and is really bad for relationships between list managers.

All this posturing and being difficult that has gone on the last week is annoying but at least list managers will still get in a room every year and try to hash out deals. If the Giants were to lie about who they were taking in a live trade scenario (particularly where the Saints have one of the next picks) then no one will entertain doing that with them in the future.

For the record I'd say if we were to trade with GWS to go from 8 to 15/16 it would only matter if we both want the same player, given our next pick would be so far away
Good explanation. Makes sense.

The Giants were just a random example. I’d imagine this is more a relevant discussion trading back with a team 1 or 2 spots back.

Why are they giving multiple worthless picks in the 60s while getting something in the 70s back?

It's just so bad.
Last season I think it was, the AFL stopped a deal of ours going through.

Surely they have to save West Coast from themselves.

How much say would Mini have had? Crappy start to his coaching career.

Good explanation. Makes sense.

The Giants were just a random example. I’d imagine this is more a relevant discussion trading back with a team 1 or 2 spots back.
Yeah 100%, as it informs the negotiations. There's probably heaps of conversations on draft night where one club calls the club on the clock and says "who are you taking" and the answer is a different player and we just carry on. These live trades where one club slides a couple of spots are only really relevant if both clubs want the same player (or at least say they do). For instance, if we were to say to Melbourne this year "we're taking Armstrong at 8, trade with us" I don't know if I'd love that as it's not super believable. Last year us taking Leake ahead of Wilson was at least believable, hence why GWS traded up

That's a really strong hand in a good deep draft

2. Lalor/fos
7. smilie/Langford
25. Dodson
27. Slider

Hopefully a few later picks for academy and that could seriously change the clubs trajectory
I'd personally go...

2. Jagga/Lalor
7. Smillie/Lindsay
25. Dodson/Whitlock (either will do)/Faull,
27. Ough/Dattoli/Gross/Moraes/Hannaford

But above trading up for pick 2, I think I'd rather trade our F1 with pick 8 back to the mid teens, swapping for either two of GWS's 15/16/21, or two of Freo's 10/11/18.

With Freo's 11/18
7. Best available (probably Smillie)
11. Lindsay
18. Hynes/Hotton
27. Best tall (Dodson/a Whitlock/Faull)

Look they have absolutely thrown all their draft capital for 2 drafts on this deal.

But it’s pick 3 and the word super draft is now being thrown around.

All in. Good on them.
As have the Dees. Going to be a very interesting watch next year.

And especially if what someone on here has predicted occurs - that the Blues are going to offer 3 for Petracca.

Meanwhile, let’s just continue to build as planned.

That's a really strong hand in a good deep draft

2. Lalor/fos
7. smilie/Langford
25. Dodson
27. Slider

Hopefully a few later picks for academy and that could seriously change the clubs trajectory

I want Dodson so I can post Jurassic Park memes.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back