List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to wonder why the Kemp interest has only just surfaced on the 2nd last day. He hasnt asked for a trade and Carlton hold all the cards because with he being contracted and how we have approached it. Why would we put ourselves in this position for a player like Kemp? Are there other things or motivation at play here?

Maybe their salary cap is so tight that the club decided to shake the tree to see if he fell out.

Carlton also have no draft capital, with the exception of pick 3. Not just for this year but next year. Maybe we thought they would jump at the chance of trading for a pick.

Blues also have the Camporeale twins to match F/S bids on at some point in the draft.

Maybe none of the above are motivators for them but I raise them as possible reasons for us to shake the tree. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon he'll be a whipping boy tbh. He won't be the difference between our midfield being competitive or not and a lot of people will be frustrated he isn't the player he was 3 years ago.

He's only appealing because we have absolutely no midfield and Howe don't have any kids he'll hold back (hopefully we'll have a few more next month).

The way I see it is that he'll be a downgrade on 2023 Crouch but will help stem the bleeding from losing the midfield battle.

He's not worth 800k so we shouldn't be getting him unless it's for relatively little draft capital.

I'm hoping we get him for the two picks in the 40s, hope we hang on to 32.
Agree on all of this except the two 40s picks. That’s the 32 right there. We would be buying the Dogs effing awful contract.

He’s near 30 and game going past him. He’ll likely bounce for a year or so and that will be helpful. But man, we need all the young kids we can have a stab at. And IMO he’ll be done in 2 years and either VFL or retired in that 3rd year.

Kinda pissed at the Dan Rioli deal being for 6 + 23. Pushes Richmond out in front of us collecting two midfielders before we get one selection in the 1st round. Also if we take 32 to the draft (comes in to 28-29) they also get two more speculative selections ahead of us in the second round. Bit frustrating.

Your cap is rooted mate, you are begging us to take his salary. Same situation with Kennedy and why you couldn’t offer Owies the lucrative contract he deserved.
Kemp wouldn't be even on much, had his 1st extention to his rookie contract before he was a regular member of the team. Kennedy is contracted for 2025 and we just cleared martin, marchbank, cuningham off our books who would have been on 1.5mil a year between them but yeah mate were out of cap space.

In the land of the truth seekers though Kennedy wants midfield time but the rest of our midfield is too slow to add another into the mix and we want to play a crumbing small forward who can score goals off balls brought to ground by curnow/mckay which owies never did which is why teams were happy to 3v1 them knowing they couldn't be hurt on the ground.

At 23 he looks every bit a 200 game player with a heap more upside to come who has just shown us a glipse into a future as an elite swingman, is contracted and has no desire to leave the club.
Forget 7/8, Tell me why we would even entertain the idea of trading him right now?
Well your club apparently told him to look around, so why don’t you tell us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to wonder why the Kemp interest has only just surfaced on the 2nd last day. He hasnt asked for a trade and Carlton hold all the cards because with he being contracted and how we have approached it. Why would we put ourselves in this position for a player like Kemp? Are there other things or motivation at play here?
SOS tried to recruit everyone he drafted to GWS to Carlton and now he is repeating it with you guys to the guys he drafted at Carlton

Richmond can get F1st picks traded for anything up to about p25 this year. I'm not sure they'll be handing ove the premo cuts very willingly.
Yep spot on. Depending on what we do with 45 and 47 they are very reasonable 2R next year - moving in the late 30s at worst. A relatively mid level club for a F2 would likely be the going rate.

SOS tried to recruit everyone he drafted to GWS to Carlton and now he is repeating it with you guys to the guys he drafted at Carlton
Kennedy and Owies out the door fixes that now. Kemp would be purely down to Saints chasing, nothing else.
No worries, keep Brodie 'the goat' Kemp then. We'll pretend that every blues supporter hasn't been calling him a massive draft bust.

Sam Power is going to have a busy day tomorrow, he shouldn't bother turning up next year until the the last day! What a campaigner he wants more than pick #25 for Daniels and wont pay out anything decent for Kennedy. If we arent talking to them it because of Power's past dealings.
This is the best. The new Dodo. The only interest tomorrow is that ****head.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back