List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we actually after Crossley or is this just BigFooty forum banter?
He can play, the big guy had a very good year and is surprisingly skilful. He would need to drop about 20kgs and have a massive offseason I can’t see anyone giving him anything other than an invite to train perhaps.

Trying to plan out getting involved with the baker deal

Stkilda out 8 f1
In 3 20

Richmond out baker 20
In stkilda f1 26

Eagles out 3 26
In baker 8

I think it's about right, might have to leave 20 with Richmond and 26 goes to us.
I think Richmond is the sticking point but that can be worked on

In the minority here but if we are going to trade picks, I'd rather use 8 and something to get GWS's picks in the teens instead of using multiple picks to move up to 3.

If this draft and Draymple are as good as advertised, there should be some excellent players available at the end of night 1 to get a really strong draft group.
3 and 20 does the same thing and gives us a end of first to do that with plus one of the rolled gold top 4 mids.

In the minority here but if we are going to trade picks, I'd rather use 8 and something to get GWS's picks in the teens instead of using multiple picks to move up to 3.

If this draft and Draymple are as good as advertised, there should be some excellent players available at the end of night 1 to get a really strong draft group.
Its basically:
Smillie + Lindsay + Dodson + F1 (keep) vs
Smillie + Hotton + Hynes + F1 (trade 8 + 27) vs
Jagga + Smillie + Hannaford/Moraes + Dodson (trade 8 + F1)

Reckon you may be right

I kind of got why we would do a future 1st and some for the pick 9, would give us 3 picks in a row, there would only be 6 players in the draft off the board (excluding bids). The pick 13 lure held much less pull for me, 4 more players go, we're getting into the teens and probably reaching on guys with potential like Hotton. I would still do a F1st for 13, but no really anything else, too risky. If other clubs want to play around with it because they NEED to get a player trade done, you can justify it. We can't.

Hopefully we can bump up our 2nd or trade our F1st into a decent pick come the final day of trade period or draft night, but I think we're going to have a relatively boring trade period. Macrae for our 40-something pick and maybe some late swaps to massage the Bulldogs ego on the last day while they continue to play chicken with the Cats, maybe we help out Hayes or Membrey with another club, but nothing significant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lalor and FOS are gone, that still leaves Smith and Draper, so you tell Adelaide you'll pick Draper unless they switch their 4th pick plus a future first with your 3rd, if they refuse you pick Draper. If they take it you take Smith. Get Smilie with 7.
I don't think Adelaide are that wedded to Draper. It's a link of convenience. Smoke and fire re the reports of him not wanting to play there. If they were, WC would be looking to offer the same deal and take Baker via the PSD or wait for the Barrass pick

Worth noting Cal has Draper at 8, RMC has him at 9, and The Age has him at 10 (after speaking to recruiters). He could still be there at pick 7, especially if North trade down to 6 and spook Melbourne into picking Armstrong at 5, or if someone opts for Reid/Smillie instead. Coughing up a small fortune to trade up and take him at 3 because Adelaide called our bluff (& he wasn't first on our board) would not be ideal.

Mowman

Did mowie call it again?
9...nope
13...nope

David Mitchell Outsiders GIF

We're getting 3 arent we?

3, 7 and 20

Mowman

Did mowie call it again?
9...nope
13...nope

David Mitchell Outsiders GIF

We're getting 3 arent we?

3, 7 and 20
it'll be 7 8 and 22 by the time bids etc happen, still a good deal, plus we've Cole and Hoffman who I think will both come before 50, and Peckett as a rookie

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back