List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

7 & 8 looks alright to me. Not sure I buy into this idea that there is an emerging clear top 4.

Smillie was consensus number 1 a month ago, doesn't appear to have done much wrong. Don't see why he can't be the best player in the draft.

This is so true. Suddenly there is an elite four and apparently a huge gap to the rest of the draftees. Don't know where this came from. Two months ago Trainor was top 2 and nobody had heard of the viking at all.

Think everyone needs to chill a bit. We all want a trade or us getting an extra frdp but 7+8+27+43+63+ all the futures is a great position to be in. It is not a fail, nothing fell our way and there were lots of one sided trades by some desperates.

Also remember pick trading continues up to and through draft period.

Is there scenarios where we can get pick 3 for the right price without facilitating a player swap for another club?

Trying to gauge my interest/anticipation on waiting for draft night for a trade. I'd guess we would have to really be into a particular player to follow through with a swap to #3 which I guess would be a better trade on the night to make sure they are still there to be picked.

Mowman

Did mowie call it again?
9...nope
13...nope

David Mitchell Outsiders GIF

We're getting 3 arent we?

3, 7 and 20
Not sure on 3, I said earlier think we are a chance for 15 - 16 from GWS

And how have you been PC all going good ?

This is so true. Suddenly there is an elite four and apparently a huge gap to the rest of the draftees. Don't know where this came from. Two months ago Trainor was top 2 and nobody had heard of the viking at all.

Think everyone needs to chill a bit. We all want a trade or us getting an extra frdp but 7+8+27+43+63+ all the futures is a great position to be in. It is not a fail, nothing fell our way and there were lots of one sided trades by some desperates.

What Melb gave up for 9 was more than I would want us giving up

F1 and 27 or 8 and F2 I'd imagine. Even 8 and 27 possibly. I don't think we have list space to take 7,8,15,16,27 into the draft without locking in a live trade beforehand
Depends on whether we were really keen on trying to get that Pick 3?
Though we still have a few players OOC if I remember correctly. One of the other posters could remind us.

He can play, the big guy had a very good year and is surprisingly skilful. He would need to drop about 20kgs and have a massive offseason I can’t see anyone giving him anything other than an invite to train perhaps.
Agree. He's already worked very hard this year to lose weight and was seeing out full games much more consistently than when he was with GC. His positioning too seems to have been better as a result.
Recruiting him (or Preuss or both) is a much smarter move than trying to meet PA's inexplicable desire to get back what they paid for Soldo. Crossley also profits from the rule now allowing contact at the contest.

Exactly this. Trade FOMO rising as the deadline approaches, but unless there’s significant tipping of the scales in our favour with any trade, we’re still in an excellent position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on whether we were really keen on trying to get that Pick 3?
Though we still have a few players OOC if I remember correctly. One of the other posters could remind us.
I'm assuming pick 3 is off the table

Hayes, Paton, Hotton, Membrey remain OOC. At least 3 will depart

That would make 10 total departures (including Crouch), and one list spot already filled by Max Hall so 9 left

Assuming we trade F1 and F2 for 15 and 16

Picks:
Cole
Hofmann
Peckett
Sandy rookie
Macrae
Ruck/Phillips/Taylor*

That's 11 players, so 2 over maximum

Ideally we take something like 7,15,16,27 (split pick 8) and pass on the * list spot

Or, assume pick 3 is available:

Take 3, 7, 26, 27 if we do 8 + F1 for 3 + 26

Come draft night, 26 + 27 could turn into an early 20s or teens pick for any sliders

Therefore, 6 list spots via draft which leaves a list spot available for one of the * players

Last edited:
14, 9, 13 and possibly 3 off the board, at least from their original owners.

I'm sure we are trying behind the scenes, but it's not looking ideal for us. I am not as enamoured with Dalrymple as others seem to be.

I'm not built for trade week, feel like we are desperate for a dopamine hit and the club refuses to give us one.

Wonder if sos walking Martin to the preseason draft all those years ago is why the suns never seem to deal with us. They continue to provide absolute charity to the big clubs.

14, 9, 13 and possibly 3 off the board, at least from their original owners.

I'm sure we are trying behind the scenes, but it's not looking ideal for us. I am not as enamoured with Dalrymple as others seem to be.

I'm not built for trade week, feel like we are desperate for a dopamine hit and the club refuses to give us one.
Sounds like we have offered F1+F2 for most these deals and just been out bid

The P3 one is interesting. Still no update from Ryan Daniels who I consider the best source of WA footy news.

**** it. No trading at all this year, including for Macrae.

We got pick 8 for Battle so miles ahead already. Let’s take all our current picks to the draft.

See you mutha****ing campaigners at the draft.

I'm a bit flat I'm not going to lie, it's not horrible, but I think two picks prior to pick 7 was an incredible place to be this draft.

It's not a sudden change in talent though. At least not from myself. I've convinced myself that Reid and Lindsay could be great, but I've always had them behind, FOS, Smith, Draper, Lalor, Smillie, Langford.

So on my list of wants, we could get lucky with 1 or 2 of those 6 mids but not in our order - but have to rely on others being bid on - I don't like a game of chance.

If we had 3 and 7, that gives us a great chance at 2 of them and allows us to tailor our picks as well.

So it's not so much that these 4 have suddenly been announced as a new top tier, it's more that we'd get more of a guarantee of 2 of them and a more suitable mix also with the better hand.

**** it. No trading at all this year, including for Macrae.

We got pick 8 for Battle so miles ahead already. Let’s take all our current picks to the draft.

See you mutha****ing campaigners at the draft.
We got pick 8 for Battle but if we'd traded with the Suns we'd probably have gotten a better pick.

For those who aren't across all the top draftees this is my opinion on the difference between pick 3 & 7 to 7 & 8 and who might be available at those picks.

The talent might be similar however the type of players available are completely different.

Needs: POD Midfield talent and variety from our current one-pace midfield.

Ranking (Cal Twomey)PlayerFits a need?Available at 3Available at 7?Available at 8?
2Harvey LangfordMaybeYesMaybeMaybe
3Jagga Smith Yes *MaybeNoNo
4Finn O’SullivanYes *MaybeNoNo
5Murphy ReidMaybeYesMaybeMaybe
6Sam LalorYes *MaybeNoNo
7Josh SmillieYesYesMaybeNo
8Sid DraperYes *YesNoNo
9Harry ArmstrongNoYesMaybeMaybe
10Alix TauruYesYesNoNo
11Tobie TravagliaMaybeYesYesYes
12Bo AllanMaybeYesYesYes
15Taj HottonMaybeYesYesYes