List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetical

Instead of looking to trade up, should we have looked to trade out of Pick 8?

It's a sellers market, and maybe it would have been good to slide back to P16 and a F1 from GWS, or something similar.

Discuss.
Mate this was literally discussed less than an hour ago

He looks every bit a midfield that can go forward and can play inside and outside type of roles - admittedly lacks some pace.

Has nothing to do with Pou
Yep, fair enough not a bad choice just prefer others. Can't deny his consistency and seems to have a high work ethic based on his 2km time trial despite his lack of 'explosive' pace.

Apologies, might not have come across with the new thread.
No problem. This is what I contributed:
I'm assuming pick 3 is off the table

Hayes, Paton, Hotton, Membrey remain OOC. At least 3 will depart

That would make 10 total departures (including Crouch), and one list spot already filled by Max Hall so 9 left

Assuming we trade F1 and F2 for 15 and 16

Picks:
Cole
Hofmann
Peckett
Sandy rookie
Macrae
Ruck/Phillips/Taylor*

That's 11 players, so 2 over maximum

Ideally we take something like 7,15,16,27 (split pick 8) and pass on the * list spot

Or, assume pick 3 is available:

Take 3, 7, 26, 27 if we do 8 + F1 for 3 + 26

Come draft night, 26 + 27 could turn into an early 20s or teens pick for any sliders

Therefore, 6 list spots via draft which leaves a list spot available for one of the * players

Insider trading saying Daniel to the Roos a chance but the mutts don’t want to lose all 3 Macrae smith Daniel
Oh well, tried and couldn't, do it, we take 47 to the draft and get a Garcia type.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

How would you or he know what the exact need is though? Answer is you don't.

I have one over you. I absolutely know that Lyon wants mids who has good disposal. That means a player like Xavier Lindsay. So we may have him at pick at as an absolute need and best fit while Towmey may have him at 15.
I don't want to hear absolute need, we chose Billings as the best no.3 and most experts agreed.
We selected Wilson at 18 because he was an elite gut runner who also has great disposal.
Just because there is a sudden big 4 in the desperate delusions of the panicked doesn't mean we should piss away our hand when the deal is not in our favour.

Absolute case of keyboard list management because people are bored.

I watch our games and some footage of the draftees and videos etc like everyone else. We absolutely have a need for a breakaway pacey mid.

Someone who can do this:

have one over me? what? If we do take 8 to the draft then Lindsay isn't a bad choice but hopefully we are switched on enough to slide back because he isn't as highly rated as some others. Sits at 18 in Cals assessment. I'd probably do 8 for 15 & 16 in that case.

I watch our games and some footage of the draftees and videos etc like everyone else. We absolutely have a need for a breakaway pacey mid.

Someone who can do this:

have one over me? what? If we do take 8 to the draft then Lindsay isn't a bad choice but hopefully we are switched on enough to slide back because he isn't as highly rated as some others. Sits at 18 in Cals assessment. I'd probably do 8 for 15 & 16 in that case.
If we do 8 for 15&16 I wouldn't be surprised if Giants take Lindsay at 8. Certainly won't get past the top 12 open pool picks imo

I’m all for being a campaigner.

But the boss also wanted senior bodies and it’s looking bleak
What’s G train up to these days besides smashing pies?
Get him in the guts for a couple of minutes each q - one stare and shirtfront from big Frase and I don’t think we need to worry about our kids walking the pill out of the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for being a campaigner.

But the boss also wanted senior bodies and it’s looking bleak
Can get it. We have the capital. But is it worth it?
Sounds like we can't get it done. Bulldogs have a disgruntled player like Dunkley.
Smith, Daniel and Macrae all want out. Nobody wants in, Dogs maybe should look internally I reckon.

Sounds like we can't get it done. Bulldogs have a disgruntled player like Dunkley.
Smith, Daniel and Macrae all want out. Nobody wants in, Dogs maybe should look internally I reckon.

I heard that Dalrymple rates Marcus Bontempelli (2025 UFA)

If our net outlay is pick 8 for Battle.

Then we will have gone backwards in the short term

Who is this Flamingo why do you keep thinking is me? because I have a different opinion? hahaha I disagree that's not a troll, and I'm certainly not hitting the panic button either. I want the best for the club and It's an assessment of player type and needs. I would be disappointed and frustrated that we passed up an opportunity to move-up for one of these players that fit a need. Simply out of an abundance of caution. I'm not claiming to be an expert either, I referred to Cal who is one in my post.
So what needs do these Top 4 players fit that we cant get in players that might be available at 7 & 8

FOS - looks a great package but didn't set the world on fire .... will likely go pick 1

Lalor - mid/forward .... explosive but body isn't seemingly holding up .... hip issues and now a high grade hamstring .... will go top 2 if Richmond get pick 2 from North

So FOS & Lalor ... likely unavailable anyway

Jagga - high possession small mid with great agility though suspect hurt factor for the amount of disposals he racks up ... could be available at Pick 3 ... unlikely to get pick 7

Draper - explosive mid .... good from clearance but tends to handball more than kick ... doesnt hit the scoreboard often ..... had a relatively average Champs against Vic & WA sides but played solid footy for SA senior level ... should be available at pick 3 though destined for Adelaide at pick 4

Langford - mid who can go forward and kicks goals ... question marks about pace and separation from stoppage but no slower than Cripps or Bont at same age .... could go top 5 ... could be available at 7

Smillie - see Langford ... likely available at 7

Reid - won Vic Metro MVP at Champs ... smaller mid but very smart operator .... not super quick but is a good decision maker with solid skills ... should be available at pick 7

Lindsay - won the Morrish Medal and was BOG for Vic Country v Metro ..... best kick in the draft ... smooth mover who can alternate between HB/wing and midfield ... available pick 7

Travaglia - played mid in Coates League but mainly off half back for Vic Country ... breaks lines and has a competitive streak ... available pick 7

Personally if we got Langford or Smillie (pick 7) & then Reid or Lindsay (pick 8) I would be very happy .... 1 big mid and 1 smaller mid

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back