List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all aboard the Bo Allan train now

7 - Josh Smillie
8 - Bo Allan

lets go

Needs to work on his disposal but hes got pace, big leap, good hands and tenacity around the stoppage

Last edited:
What game-changing things did Reid do at U18s level that 20 other players didn't do or won't be able to do at AFL level?

Pick 7: Smillie easily. Big body and showed in the Academy games that he can play against bigger bodies and his game translates to VFL

Pick 8: Lindsay/Travaglia: Both top 5 players in the Champs GF and comfortably played academy games too

Others:
Langford - overhead pack marks as an attacking midfielder
Taj Hotton - freakish goal-kicking also highlighted in Academy games
Bo Allan - burst out of stoppage highlighted in WAFL
Reid won the VIC Metro MVP he was their best player dominant when in the midfield and kicked goals when resting forward
He then went back to the CTL and was even more consistently good big possessions and his possessions count because he sets other players free more often than not. Kid is all class. All you anti Reid knockers on here got me doubting myself but I went back and watched again he is the most natural footballer in the pool vision awareness and anticipation with the step and one touch ball handling. Dal Santo like and he went at 12 or something in his super draft not fast but never got caught and set up his teammates time after time.

Reid is better than Allen & Hotton .... think he kind of proved it this year .... plenty of 180-2cm players make it

We need players with football smarts who can accumulate and use it well to advantage
Could be argued? Hotton was going better than Reid until the acl. Twomey really likes him, as do many others, hence the top 15 range for him still.

no they dont get 14+Baker... they use 14 on baker (paying overs)
So 3 gets them 12 plus Baker and Owies

Why involve 3?? Baker for a 2nd rounder and Owies for a 3rd!
It is madness!!
This trade is bewildering. Seems like WC are getting royally bent over. Compromising their draft position that badly to get f**king Liam Baker.

And Owies isn’t even steak knives. He’s the free plastic cutlery at a food court

What are WCE thinking. Very strange approach to a rebuild

Reid won the VIC Metro MVP he was their best player dominant when in the midfield and kicked goals when resting forward
He then went back to the CTL and was even more consistently good big possessions and his possessions count because he sets other players free more often than not. Kid is all class. All you anti Reid knockers on here got me doubting myself but I went back and watched again he is the most natural footballer in the pool vision awareness and anticipation with the step and one touch ball handling. Dal Santo like and he went at 12 or something in his super draft not fast but never got caught and set up his teammates time after time.
Imo you are focusing on all the wrong things. Yes he was dominant in U18s, but how does his game hold up at AFL level?

Weaknesses:
180cm
skinny frame
is either slow or doesn't know how to run or both
not an elite kick
average overhead

Strength:
Elite handballer
reads contested situations well
very smart

Does that profile remotely match any of the top mids in the modern AFL comp apart from Lachie Neale (who is one of a kind)? Is he so far clear of the other prospects that others with attributes that are common amongst the game's best won't be able to catch up to him within one pre-season?

I'm all aboard the Bo Allan train now

7 - Josh Smillie
8 - Bo Allan

lets go

Needs to work on his disposal but hes got pace, big leap, good hands and tenacity around the stoppage

Woah watching WA state team who the hell is Cody Angove he looks absolutely electric, has this guy not been talked about already? AND foot skills ?! akaifu where is this guy rated?

Imo you are focusing on all the wrong things. Yes he was dominant in U18s, but how does his game hold up at AFL level?

Weaknesses:
180cm
skinny frame
not an elite kick
average overhead

Strength:
Elite handballer
very smart

Does that profile remotely match any of the top mids in the modern AFL comp apart from Lachie Neale (who is one of a kind)? Is he so far clear of the other prospects that others with attributes that are common amongst the game's best won't be able to catch up to him within one pre-season?
You could add goal-kicker to his strengths

Will flack up a bit and take a Polaroid of me getting out of the pool in a pair of leopard skin speedos if we get pick three.
kramer GIF

As if Carlton are gonna get pick 3 with pick 12, 14, and Matt ****ing Owies

Didnt realise it was April 1st already.
Who in their right mind at the Eagles thinks that 3 is worth 12, 14 and a bloke that the Blues were going to delist?

Eagles getting absolutely shafted here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weaknesses:
180cm
skinny frame
not an elite kick
average overhead

Strength:
Elite handballer
very smart

Inside Football's 2002 Profile: Son of former Cat champion who joins the Cats under the father-son rule. However, he is not in the mould of his legendary Dad. Ablett Jnr is creative with handball, has great vision and football instincts. Will be given a year to develop.

sign me up

What game-changing things did Reid do at U18s level that 20 other players didn't do or won't be able to do at AFL level?

Pick 7: Smillie easily. Big body and showed in the Academy games that he can play against bigger bodies and his game translates to VFL

Pick 8: Lindsay/Travaglia: Both top 5 players in the Champs GF and comfortably played academy games too

Others:
Langford - overhead pack marks as an attacking midfielder
Taj Hotton - freakish goal-kicking also highlighted in Academy games
Bo Allan - burst out of stoppage highlighted in WAFL
Smilie was not as consistent or classy as Reid.. Lindsay/Travaglia are not genuine mids, Hotton just had a ACL also not a mid, Bo Allan is a half back and plays like Bambi on ice..

Didnt realise it was April 1st already.
Who in their right mind at the Eagles thinks that 3 is worth 12, 14 and a bloke that the Blues were going to delist?

Eagles getting absolutely shafted here.

It seems like West Coast have turned into Gold Coast.

Weaknesses:
180cm
skinny frame
not an elite kick
average overhead

Strength:
Elite handballer
very smart

Over the years they have been many a great mid who checks in around 178 to 182cm but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about his size .....he actually might still grow a little by the way ..... and you keep banging on that he is as slow as wet sponge .... which he isn't ... he can put his foot down when required but due to his vision being so good he usually disposes of the ball before he can show it or needs to .... as for his kicking he hits plenty of passes in and out of traffic and he averaged 4.5 marks a game in Coates League so looks like he has safe hands in the air

I think he will absolutely make it at AFL level ... too smart not to

Over the years they have been many a great mid who checks in around 178 to 182cm but you seem to have a bee in your bonnet about his size .....he actually might still grow a little by the way ..... and you keep banging on that he is as slow as wet sponge .... which he isn't ... he can put his foot down when required but due to his vision being so good he usually disposes of the ball before he can show it or needs to .... as for his kicking he hits plenty of passes in and out of traffic and he averaged 4.5 marks a game in Coates League so looks like he has safe hands in the air

I think he will absolutely make it at AFL level ... too smart not to
Smillie and Reid is not a bad combo both Vic Metro boys so will link up well but the pace is a concern hopefully they prove me wrong on that front.

Same thing for Saints. Don’t nail pick 7 and 8 and you’re stuffed with the Tasmania compromised drafts incoming.

We still have a full futures hand and a number of emerging young lads who are tracking to be elite.

But your point is valid. We must nail picks 7 & 8. Not just on draft night but with our development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reid is a far superior player to Allen, who looks messy as hell.. will not help with our general skill level, turnover merchant for sure.. Reid is a right footed Dal Santo, makes really good decisions and just has so much time, makes it look easy.. Allen can run, but what’s the point if he turns it over

Reid is a far superior play to Allen, who looks messy as hell.. will not help with our general skill level, turnover merchant for sure.. Reid is a right footed Dal Santo, makes really good decisions and just has so much time, makes it look easy.. Allen can run, but what’s the point if he turns it over
right footed dal santo thats a good one.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back