List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not so sure about pairing Reid with Smillie.

Especially when you add Steele, Clarke & Phillipou in the midfield mix.

Talk about 1 paced.
Nobody wanted to trade Pou + 27 for pick 4 and Rachele last time I suggested it. So I won't suggest it again. Time to go back to manifesting LDU nominating us

Im not so sure about pairing Reid with Smillie.

Especially when you add Steele, Clarke & Phillipou in the midfield mix.

Talk about 1 paced.
"nah but he's smart so its fine"

Doesn't matter good your mids are, if they are slow in the modern game then it counts for nothing

See Carlton; Cripps, Walsh, Cerra, Hewett, Kennedy, Hollands - yet they are still searching for a speedy mid

3x All Australian Jack Macrae got booted out of the mids because Beveridge wanted to play flipping Harvey Gallagher in there because of his leg speed

Brownlow medallist Ollie Wines got shifted to a wing because he and Drew couldn't be in the same midfield due to lack of leg speed

Plenty more examples

Will Brodie kicked out of Freo's midfield

Rory Laird 2x AA40 kicked out of Adelaide's midfield

Baker, 12 & 14 for 3

That deal is bordering on negligence.

Eagles stuffed Hawks around and then were vulnerable when 14 was off the table. Carlton, who acquired the pick, sensed weakness and preyed on that weakness.

After Eagles give 14 to Tigers for Baker they will be left with only 12. That is a terrible outcome.

Eagles finished 16th and Harley Reid needs support. The cream of the mids in this draft won’t be there at pick 12.

Surely heads will roll after the Draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That deal is bordering on negligence.

Eagles stuffed Hawks around and then were vulnerable when 14 was off the table. Carlton, who acquired the pick, sensed weakness and preyed on that weakness.

After Eagles give 14 to Tigers for Baker they will be left with only 12. That is a terrible outcome.

Eagles finished 16th and Harley Reid needs support. The cream of the mids in this draft won’t be there at pick 12.

Surely heads will roll after the Draft.

WCE
OUT: 3, F2nd
IN: 8, Liam Baker

STK
OUT: 8, F1st, F2nd
IN: 3, 20

RIC
OUT: Liam Baker, 20
IN: F1st (STK), F2nd (STK), F2nd (WCE)

• Trade 27 into someone else's F2nd pre-trade to abide by AFL rules
  • This is a much better palatable deal for WCE

Baker is a good player but he will be 27 at the start of next season and he isn't the Eagles future .... enough said about Owies he won't change their fortunes either

Jagga or Draper would have at least complimented Harley going forward and would have had formed a strong mid base for Eagles for the next decade along with Hewett & Ginbey in the young mid rotation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE
OUT: 3, F2nd
IN: 8, Liam Baker

STK
OUT: 8, F1st, F2nd
IN: 3, 20

RIC
OUT: Liam Baker, 20
IN: F1st (STK), F2nd (STK), F2nd (WCE)

• Trade 27 into someone else's F2nd pre-trade to abide by AFL rules
  • This is a much better palatable deal for WCE

I wasn’t thrilled with trading-out both of our F1 & F2. But we would have had 3, 7, 20, 47, 63 with 27 to be traded-out for a F2 to comply with AFL rules.

West Coast could have had 8 in the above scenario.

We need to see the full details of the deal but Carlton getting pick 3 is just extraordinary.

Can we pray that Carlton are stupid enough to trade up for 3 and then use that in a trade with Port Adelaide for Dan Houston?

They'd be easier to deal with than the Blues, and if they decide to hold 3, surely they are more likely to pick a key position player.

I wasn’t thrilled with trading-out both of our F1 & F2. But we would have had 3, 7, 20, 47, 63 with 27 to be traded-out for a F2 to comply with AFL rules.

West Coast could have had 8 in the above scenario.

We need to see the full details of the deal but Carlton getting pick 3 is just extraordinary.

Hopefully it means we value 7+8+F1 as more then just token picks to acquire a quantity of teens picks.

That west coast trade with Carlton is diabolical

Can we pray that Carlton are stupid enough to trade up for 3 and then use that in a trade with Port Adelaide for Dan Houston?

They'd be easier to deal with than the Blues, and if they decide to hold 3, surely they are more likely to pick a key position player.
Hoping North lands him

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back