List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked him in the draft, he’s definitely got Dempster potential. You watch a fair bit of the blues as I do, he can play.
He can cut it at the level.

I’m not going to make any outlandish statements.

I’d be happy with the get - if it’s cheap.

He was so dreadful.

Enough time has passed that I don't mind sharing the fact that he was active on saintsational potting RL at every turn. Signed up almost to the day that he started working for the club.

Really petty behaviour from someone in such a position.
Imagine promising Allan Jeans that he would look after “his Saints” and then effing us for years.

Wasn't Kemp the one who missed a sitter right in front which would've won the game for Carlton in the final round? Only to see the ball go down the other end for Higgins to goal? Surely Macrae needs to be the priority signing.

Edit: dead set, go to the AFL app, round 24 and find our game. Watch the final 2 minute video. Battle gives Kemp a soft free directly in front 20m out, Kemp sprays it. I swear sometimes we can't even be saved from ourselves...
So we are getting Kemp as a forward? Obviously kicked it like a backman.

So 32, 45 & 47 keeps the wolves off our academy kids.
Live trade them all into next year to accumulate a phat stack of points and sell them for another 1stRDP in 2025.

45&47 for MacLobster +F3rd
32 for F2nd + 3rdRDP
3rdRDP for F3rd

2025:
1x 1stRDP
2x 2ndRDP
3x 3rdRDP

Could 32 be used to trade for a F2 now?

Then use our F1 and the better F2 (our or the pick we have traded-in) as a package for Gold Coast’s pick 13.

Worth a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deal doesn't really make sense from a Brisbane point of view they effectively lost points for a pick that will get consumed by the Ashcroft bid. They must have another motive.

I expect there is a part 2 to this trade that we will be part of to square up with Brisbane effectively they are helping us get Macrae done and still hold the right number of picks we want in this draft

Part 2 will involve getting Brisbane and likely related to future picks for their Academy players next year

Of course it is possible they needed 27 to get what they want from another club in futures next year maybe Hawthorn want back in and have the Futures Brisbane need.

Maybe Brisbane has calculated that their second academy player (Sam Marshall) is not drafted before pick 27.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why aren't we after Lewis Young instead ?
No idea mate.

I didn’t even know we wanted Kemp. M

The last bit of Info I got was that they wanted another first rounder this year - potentially 2 and they wanted to talk to the bombers about acquiring 9.

That was over a week ago now.

I’ve just walked pass SOS who was in a cafe on High St in Kew

Was sitting with a bloke who was probably in his 50’s but I’m not sure who the guy is

This post just got read out on rade radio lmao

Maybe Brisbane has calculated that their second academy player (Sam Marshall) is not drafted before pick 27.

27 would still be gone on the Ashcroft bid but others have worked out their reason at least in part is because you can only take in as many draft picks as you have open list spots. So they will hold it till draft night then trade before the bid you would imagine.

This post just got read out on rade radio lmao

And follow up with 'I SWEAR I don't read bigfooty!!'

I decided to turn the radio on today for the first time thinking something would happen and am treated to this

All our trades should have a caveat of no pick 7 involved. So...

F1, 8 & 35 for 2 & 25.

Either that, or we go for 11 or 13 for F1 & 35.

2, 7 & 25 or 7, 8, 13 - in this year's draft, if pains me to say, 7, 8, 13 is the way to go...

Not sure whether I'm talking FOS, Draper, Smith or Lalor here... but I need the Goodbye Sweet Prince gif inserted right here.

I think North want a second early pick this year.

We would need to get 13 from Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back