List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

BOLTON (NOT SHAI) JOINS ST KILDA

Glenn McFarlane

Sorry if we got you excited St Kilda fans.
You have landed a Bolton, just not Shai. He’s still heading to Western Australia.
Glenn McFarlane has details on former Blues coach Brendon Bolton leaving Collingwood for the Saints.
Collingwood will undergo a further shake-up to its football department with Brendon Bolton departing the club to take up a role with St Kilda.
Just a week after the club’s former footy boss Graham Wright joined Carlton as deputy chief executive, the Herald Sun can confirm the man who took over most of Wright’s responsibilities during 2024 will work under Ross Lyon in an assistant coaching role next year.
Bolton, 45, joined the Magpies at the same time as Justin Leppitsch when the pair of former AFL senior coaches came in to support newly-appointed coach Craig McRae in late 2021.
He took on most of Wright’s responsibilities this year when the then-footy boss was granted a leave of absence to travel overseas, although he shared some tasks with Leppitsch, who is now the club’s list manager and leading the Magpies’ trade negotiations.
b9dff3d1e748d969b20ddbcf0262996f
Brendon Bolton (left) with Craig McRae.
Collingwood chief executive Craig Kelly conceded mid-year there had at times been friction over the roles and responsibilities within the club’s football department during 2024, amid claims there had been some tensions between Bolton and Leppitsch.
The Magpies are still searching for a full-time general manager of football after Chris Davies and Danny Daly chose to stay with Port Adelaide and Brisbane respectively after approaches.
Bolton was a key member of the assistant coaching panel during the Magpies’ stunning premiership success last year, while also serving as director of coaching.
He was part of Hawthorn’s 2013-2015 premiership coaching group under Alastair Clarkson and worked as an assistant with McRae at the Hawks after three-and-a-half seasons as head coach of Carlton.
Collingwood has regained Matthew Boyd from Fremantle, with the former Western Bulldogs star returning to where he spent two years as an assistant/development coach before moving to the Dockers for four seasons.

I’ve been a fan of Brodie Kemp for a long time.

He’s very reliable in big moments.

I think the Dempster comparison is accurate but Kemp is probably a better forward.

BOLTON (NOT SHAI) JOINS ST KILDA

Glenn McFarlane
Sorry if we got you excited St Kilda fans.
You have landed a Bolton, just not Shai. He’s still heading to Western Australia.
Glenn McFarlane has details on former Blues coach Brendon Bolton leaving Collingwood for the Saints.
Collingwood will undergo a further shake-up to its football department with Brendon Bolton departing the club to take up a role with St Kilda.
Just a week after the club’s former footy boss Graham Wright joined Carlton as deputy chief executive, the Herald Sun can confirm the man who took over most of Wright’s responsibilities during 2024 will work under Ross Lyon in an assistant coaching role next year.
Bolton, 45, joined the Magpies at the same time as Justin Leppitsch when the pair of former AFL senior coaches came in to support newly-appointed coach Craig McRae in late 2021.
He took on most of Wright’s responsibilities this year when the then-footy boss was granted a leave of absence to travel overseas, although he shared some tasks with Leppitsch, who is now the club’s list manager and leading the Magpies’ trade negotiations.
b9dff3d1e748d969b20ddbcf0262996f
Brendon Bolton (left) with Craig McRae.
Collingwood chief executive Craig Kelly conceded mid-year there had at times been friction over the roles and responsibilities within the club’s football department during 2024, amid claims there had been some tensions between Bolton and Leppitsch.
The Magpies are still searching for a full-time general manager of football after Chris Davies and Danny Daly chose to stay with Port Adelaide and Brisbane respectively after approaches.
Bolton was a key member of the assistant coaching panel during the Magpies’ stunning premiership success last year, while also serving as director of coaching.
He was part of Hawthorn’s 2013-2015 premiership coaching group under Alastair Clarkson and worked as an assistant with McRae at the Hawks after three-and-a-half seasons as head coach of Carlton.
Collingwood has regained Matthew Boyd from Fremantle, with the former Western Bulldogs star returning to where he spent two years as an assistant/development coach before moving to the Dockers for four seasons.
He seems to have aged a bit.

Luke Dunstan can't remember how the trade went down to Melbourne or what year it was.

No suitors. Lol GC had a meeting with him and he trashed the Saints, never heard from them again. :D :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are getting Kemp as a forward? Obviously kicked it like a backman.

A poor kick is a poor kick no matter where it is on the field.

Everyone is entitled to a few shockers, but if we are making moves so we can spend our second rounder on Brodie Kemp, I don't find it to be good business.

We've gone from hopeful of getting pick 3 to Brodie Kemp for 27 & change. Forgive me for being just a little bit hesitant in this present moment..

Caminiti won't play back next year if King gets through unscathed then they will move him there, need to have insurance for King at this stage.

We need a ruck so Marshall can go forward.

A poor kick is a poor kick no matter where he is on the field.

Everyone is entitled to a few shockers, but if we are making moves so we can spend our second rounder on Brodie Kemp, I don't find it to be good business.

We've gone from hopeful of getting pick 3 to Brodie Kemp for 27 & change. Forgive me for being just a little bit hesitant.
Is he a poor kick, a poor kick at goal or a poor field kick? I haven't seen this reported. Lyon doesn't have poor kicks in his team.

He can cut it at the level.

I’m not going to make any outlandish statements.

I’d be happy with the get - if it’s cheap.

He's a GOP but with age on his side. I'd be keen if he was cheap but would prefer others if they want anything substantial.

“We believe Brendon and Jared will perfectly complement our current coaches in Ross Lyon, Corey Enright, Robert Harvey, Damian Carroll, Brendon Goddard and Lenny Hayes and we are excited to see them get to work this pre-season.”

St Kilda’s coaching structure for 2025 will be confirmed in the coming weeks.

phew..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back