List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing not to get a ruck but there will be options in the SPP

Glad we didn't go too hard at a contracted Kemp. If we really like him go after him in 12 months when he's out of contract. In the meantime back some kids in the role.

Sometimes doing nothing is fine, especially with a very good draft hand.

I've got a mate that is involved at Peel Thunder who really rates Liam Reidy who is on Fremantle list but uncontracted.

Apparently a very good tap ruckman, still quite raw at 23 but improving fast. He is a Brighton boy too.

Edit: just saw that he signed a one year extension which disappointing.

Last edited:
Barrett is a classical example of how mediocrity rises in most organisations in today's society.

Why? I wrote and presented a paper on it to one of the big four banks. All of the attendees thought I was basing my findings on their competitors, when in fact they were right in the mix.

Mediocrity doesn't challenge the status quo, feeds the egos of those above him/her (arse licker), while treating equals and subordinates with contempt, and devotes all their energy to managing their brilliant careers rather than doing their designated job.

It would be interesting to "shadow" Barrett for a few days. I've always disliked him, and not only because of the vituperative shit he regularly spews at our club. A very inadequate type of individual in an industry full of similar creatures.
Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Barrett is a classical example of how mediocrity rises in most organisations in today's society.

Why? I wrote and presented a paper on it to one of the big four banks. All of the attendees thought I was basing my findings on their competitors, when in fact they were right in the mix.

Mediocrity doesn't challenge the status quo, feeds the egos of those above him/her (arse licker), while treating equals and subordinates with contempt, and devotes all their energy to managing their brilliant careers rather than doing their designated job.

It would be interesting to "shadow" Barrett for a few days. I've always disliked him, and not only because of the vituperative shit he regularly spews at our club. A very inadequate type of individual in an industry full of similar creatures.
Reminds me of an article I read about Albanese. They referred to him as a midwit displaying all those mediocre traits listed above.

I hope we look to add both a back-up ruck and another key back in the delisted FA period.

In terms of backs - is Tomlinson still uncontracted? For nothing, he could be a good option for 1 year while the kids come on or we try to pry someone out from another club. Caleb Marchbank also a live option given we know SOS likes to re-visit his work. Anyone else delisted/still OOC who we could be looking at?

For rucks, it's slim. Preuss is the only mature and recognisable name from the delistings list. But given Soldo failed a medical, it would be unlikely Preuss could pass one.

I hope we look to add both a back-up ruck and another key back in the delisted FA period.

In terms of backs - is Tomlinson still uncontracted? For nothing, he could be a good option for 1 year while the kids come on or we try to pry someone out from another club. Caleb Marchbank also a live option given we know SOS likes to re-visit his work. Anyone else delisted/still OOC who we could be looking at?

For rucks, it's slim. Preuss is the only mature and recognisable name from the delistings list. But given Soldo failed a medical, it would be unlikely Preuss could pass one.
Be the dumbest thing in the world if the pies don’t take Tomlinson and we also give him a miss now.

I really like Marchbank but the issue there is he doesn't fit our new plan of not recruiting injury prone players. Ditto Preuss as you said.

I would love to see Heath have a huge pre season. I remember he beat Rhys Stanley in a VFL game this year, and Rhys was nearly the premiership ruck this year. He's not miles off it Heath but needs a big pre season. Still need another ruck though. The fact Misson mentioned Keeler as an option shows how thin we are.

I really like Marchbank but the issue there is he doesn't fit our new plan of not recruiting injury prone players. Ditto Preuss as you said.

I would love to see Heath have a huge pre season. I remember he beat Rhys Stanley in a VFL game this year, and Rhys was nearly the premiership ruck this year. He's not miles off it Heath but needs a big pre season. Still need another ruck though. The fact Misson mentioned Keeler as an option shows how thin we are.
Heath can’t run.

It’s a serious issue with him.

If Ro goes down. He needs to carry the ruck load at AFL level.

C

Macrae for nothing was nice.

But missed on a ruck. Missed kemp. Missed every buy in opportunity.
Being very generous.

Getting Macrae for what 90% of the posters on here had suggested was a fair price is barely a pass mark - D

And if they went in seriously looking for a 3rd tall defender and a ruck as well then its a very big "FAIL".

Heaps of pressure on picking up some back up talent from the 2nd tier or delisted players scrap heap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing not to get a ruck but there will be options in the SPP

Glad we didn't go too hard at a contracted Kemp. If we really like him go after him in 12 months when he's out of contract. In the meantime back some kids in the role.

Sometimes doing nothing is fine, especially with a very good draft hand.
An astute pick swap that got us MacLobster for almost free is a good outcome.
I'm assuming Crouch's retirement was pending on this too, and now we wait for the move up the order.

Being very generous.

Getting Macrae for what 90% of the posters on here had suggested was a fair price is barely a pass mark - D

And if they went in seriously looking for a 3rd tall defender and a ruck as well then its a very big "FAIL".

Heaps of pressure on picking up some back up talent from the 2nd tier or delisted players scrap heap.
Fair enough.

Clearly they did go for both.

P32 was what I was told roughly mid day yesterday got the deal done for Kemp and we said no.

I rate Soldo above Reeves. I won’t lose sleep on either.

But as it stands we have gone backwards and not improved.

So it’s left to the draft and development from here.

Since it would only be a 1 year commitment, I wonder if we will be more willing to give those injury prone players a chance compared to the 3 years we were going to give Soldo.

Keeler could be an excellent ruck if we chose to keep him there.In the few short stints he was thrown in during VFL games, he showed some Ryder-like qualities. And I'm not saying that lightly. But that doesnt solve our issue for next season if someone happened to Marshall.

For what it’s worth. I shared via PM as I couldn’t post.

Kemp wanted to come.

He wasn’t prepared to request a public trade and left it to the clubs to get a deal done.

32 would have got this over the line from what I was told.

In my opinion. Kemp and Carlton will probably regret not getting this done in 12 months.

Fair enough.

Clearly they did go for both.

P32 was what I was told roughly mid day yesterday got the deal done for Kemp and we said no.

I rate Soldo above Reeves. I won’t lose sleep on either.

But as it stands we have gone backwards and not improved.

So it’s left to the draft and development from here.
Given the lottery that is the draft, I'm surprised we didn't shell out Pick 32 for Kemp.

Pretty confident he'll be a 150/200 game player as opposed to hoping that Keeler, Schoenmaker etc may become AFL players.

Given the lottery that is the draft, I'm surprised we didn't shell out Pick 32 for Kemp.

Pretty confident he'll be a 150/200 game player as opposed to hoping that Keeler, Schoenmaker etc may become AFL players.
Every club believes this is a super draft.

Thats why.

For what it’s worth. I shared via PM as I couldn’t post.

Kemp wanted to come.

He wasn’t prepared to request a public trade and left it to the clubs to get a deal done.

32 would have got this over the line from what I was told.

In my opinion. Kemp and Carlton will probably regret not getting this done in 12 months.

I think both clubs lose by not doing this deal this year. Brodie Kemp for 32 would have been a fair deal. Not a ‘win’ like Macrae for 45 but definitely a need. Bit disappointed.

So I get this message from someone on here that the some flog is accusing me as being a former poster from SS , well to that said flog you can post what ever you like as I don't see it , you have been on ignore for years

I think both clubs lose by not doing this deal this year. Brodie Kemp for 32 would have been a fair deal. Not a ‘win’ like Macrae for 45 but definitely a need. Bit disappointed.
It’s debatable based on who we draft or how we use that pick.

8 + 32 for 15+16+21 could potentially be considered a win aswell.

It’s debatable based on who we draft or how we use that pick.

8 + 32 for 15+16+21 could potentially be considered a win aswell.

If keeping it unlocks those picks then I guess thats a win but it’s hard to see us improving next year with two big holes on the list.

I’ve been an advocate of trading in the Future 1st but I’m a lot less confident it’s the right move now.

I imagine we’ll be chasing kemp next year again.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back