List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

So I get this message from someone on here that the some flog is accusing me as being a former poster from SS , well to that said flog you can post what ever you like as I don't see it , you have been on ignore for years
That particular poster has an unmistakeable style. Would have to change his spots to fool people who have been on both here and SS for any length of time. You don’t sound like him at all.

I hope we look to add both a back-up ruck and another key back in the delisted FA period.

In terms of backs - is Tomlinson still uncontracted? For nothing, he could be a good option for 1 year while the kids come on or we try to pry someone out from another club. Caleb Marchbank also a live option given we know SOS likes to re-visit his work. Anyone else delisted/still OOC who we could be looking at?

For rucks, it's slim. Preuss is the only mature and recognisable name from the delistings list. But given Soldo failed a medical, it would be unlikely Preuss could pass one.

Pies looking at tomlinson apparently.

We've made our bed with cordy- now we need to lie in it i reckon regarding tall def depth.

As for soldo- he failed the medical cos we were offering 3 years and trading for him.

Pruess could pass a medical with the same or worse prognosis as soldo if we only gave him 1 year as a free DFA

That particular poster has an unmistakeable style. Would have to change his spots to fool people who have been on both here and SS for any length of time. You don’t sound like him at all.
Thanks mate , I barley have time to post here let alone being on SS as well

Pies looking at tomlinson apparently.

We've made our bed with cordy- now we need to lie in it i reckon regarding tall def depth.

As for soldo- he failed the medical cos we were offering 3 years and trading for him.

Pruess could pass a medical with the same or worse prognosis as soldo if we only gave him 1 year as a free DFA
Sounded like Pies only have 1 spot available to decide between Membrey, Tomlinson and Hayes.

Might be bias, but Membrey is the best player of the 3 and they need key forwards so I'm just assume they take him and Tomlinson is still available.

Since it would only be a 1 year commitment, I wonder if we will be more willing to give those injury prone players a chance compared to the 3 years we were going to give Soldo.

Keeler could be an excellent ruck if we chose to keep him there.In the few short stints he was thrown in during VFL games, he showed some Ryder-like qualities. And I'm not saying that lightly. But that doesnt solve our issue for next season if someone happened to Marshall.
That's exciting about Keeler. He has the tools to be a game changer. Again, another that it would be amazing to see really emerge next year.

Being very generous.

Getting Macrae for what 90% of the posters on here had suggested was a fair price is barely a pass mark - D

And if they went in seriously looking for a 3rd tall defender and a ruck as well then its a very big "FAIL".

Heaps of pressure on picking up some back up talent from the 2nd tier or delisted players scrap heap.
D is a bit harsh

We chose the draft over paying capital for injury prone and GOP's

In what recruiters are calling a super draft, I'm happy with the outcome. We have one of the best draft hands in the comp.

In hindsight though, delisting Campbell may have been a mistake

One list spot will not hurt and hopefully it will inspire a few better players to Sandringham.
Anyway any news on Crouch , Hayes , Paton and Membery - are they all staying
Normally, yes. However I’d like to take this extra pick in this national draft. Next year, if the draft is not as strong then it won’t matter having one less pick in the 50s/60s.

Of course, it’s all speculation at this point on next year’s draft. We won’t get a clearer picture about the actual quality of it until this time next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a mate that is involved at Peel Thunder who really rates Liam Reidy who is on Fremantle list but uncontracted.

Apparently a very good tap ruckman, still quite raw at 23 but improving fast. He is a Brighton boy too.

Edit: just saw that he signed a one year extension which disappointing.
Good luck getting a game ahead of Darcy and Jackson.

We will pick up a ruckman from either SA,WA or VFL as back up via the pre-season draft someone will be on the radar.
Clubs also need to have another delisting period who knows who falls out.
I'd be inclined to do a medical on Preuss just in case. When he's fit, he's a very good ruckman.

Someone posted on here a few weeks ago that Preuss is a clear number 1 for hitouts to advantage over the last several years. Something like 21% HOA.

Even though we've said no to Soldo due to injury concerns, the difference is that Soldo would have cost us trade capital and isn't as good as Preuss anyway.

Note: So I've basically just repeated what was already said by The_Steadier

I'd be inclined to do a medical on Preuss just in case. When he's fit, he's a very good ruckman.

Someone posted on here a few weeks ago that Preuss is a clear number 1 for hitouts to advantage over the last several years. Something like 21% HOA.

Even though we've said no to Soldo due to injury concerns, the difference is that Soldo would have cost us trade capital and isn't as good as Preuss anyway.

Note: So I've basically just repeated what was already said by The_Steadier
Preuss with a 1 year contract with a trigger (games played) for a 2nd.

If he gets his body right, awesome! If not he's only on our list for a year and costs us nothing.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm happy with that period overall. Got overs for Battle. Got Macrae in for a reasonable price. Didn't overpay for Kemp just because he's one of SOS's favourites. Apparently dodged a bullet with Soldo.

Saw we got a C+ from foxfooty. Not sure what else we could've done, only available player that fitted a big need for us was Smith and he was never going anywhere other than Geelong with their Cotton On brown paper bags. Don't think we could've done much to trade up, maybe overpaid (8 +F1?) for pick 3 but that's a big gamble.

Sounded like Pies only have 1 spot available to decide between Membrey, Tomlinson and Hayes.

Might be bias, but Membrey is the best player of the 3 and they need key forwards so I'm just assume they take him and Tomlinson is still available.

I'd be up for it if we had more list spots.
But we don't, so getting a potentially minor upgrade on cordy isn't worth it imo.

I really shouldn’t leave channel 9 on in the background when I’m mustering up a crafty wank…really off putting seeing Barrett staring at you
Power through.

IMG_1670.gif

I'm happy with that period overall. Got overs for Battle. Got Macrae in for a reasonable price. Didn't overpay for Kemp just because he's one of SOS's favourites. Apparently dodged a bullet with Soldo.

Saw we got a C+ from foxfooty. Not sure what else we could've done, only available player that fitted a big need for us was Smith and he was never going anywhere other than Geelong with their Cotton On brown paper bags. Don't think we could've done much to trade up, maybe overpaid (8 +F1?) for pick 3 but that's a big gamble.

Those grades are stupid.
They'd give an "A" for good trading if a team squandered all its draft picks on trades.
Then come draft night they'd give that same team a D-.

Despite what Adrian Dodoro might have thought, there are no prizes for trade week or draft night.
Good trading is not throwing a 3 year deal at a guy without doing a thorough medical , then holding back if he doesn't come up roses.
Good trading is not overpaying just to "get the deal done". **** the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back