List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Cordy is just a big lump one on one defender. You could potentially play a proper accountable defender and move Howard to the interceptor role. Probably actually makes a bit of sense. Howard struggles one on one but his spoiling and intercepting game is very good.
Howard is very good as the spoil over the top… the idea has legs, for mine.

This post above is probably tongue in cheek but the comparison of stats with tall defenders is just a waste of time.

Their no.1 job is to quell their opponent. They can get four touches and have a good game in theory.

If you were judging players just on stats, 'tall' defender Riley Bonner, at 190cm, would be an excellent Battle replacement - which we know he is not.

There was heaps of comparisons on stats with Battle and Kemp - which were mostly irrelevant.

And also posters writing off Kemp because of his stats and even more ridiculously because he missed a shot on goal - mind you a week after he drilled four against the Eagles.
Kemp sucks, you suck, FREE THE SCHOONER!!! 🍻🍻🍻

It looks like he could go top 30. What are his deficiencys
I’d imagine exposure, for one, but probably his one-on-one defending… I haven’t seen him lock a bloke down much, he’s much more a float across then attack type.

He’s got much better hands than I initially gave him credit for.

Looks like a bit of a mix between Nas and McLennan in terms of attributes.

If I’m being really picky, his kicking action is a bit lairy and theatrical for mine, the big flourish before he drops the ball will get him smothered at the next level unless he’s careful.

Last edited:

Brad is assuming that those will be our picks after bids are matched for Academy and Father-Son players.

These players are Lombard (GC), Koke (Essendon), Ashcroft (Brisbane) and Logan Smith (GWS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will we try and take Kako ?

Of course it will the Pies will win a flag while he is there. The AFL could fix it overnight by bringing back the salary cap allowance to pay senior players outside the cap. I cant remember what it was called but in the past each club could pay two of their more senior players and have their salary sit outside the cap.

They seem to like player mobility but players like Membrey, Parker, Macrae etc shouldnt have to move clubs because they have reached their use by date at their own clubs. The AFL should allow similiar players to play out their days at their original clubs. Loyalty still does mean something in footy clubs and the league should engender that.
Was the veteran payment or something like that wasn’t it? 50% outside the cap or something? Did not realise that had disappeared.

Of course it will the Pies will win a flag while he is there. The AFL could fix it overnight by bringing back the salary cap allowance to pay senior players outside the cap. I cant remember what it was called but in the past each club could pay two of their more senior players and have their salary sit outside the cap.

They seem to like player mobility but players like Membrey, Parker, Macrae etc shouldnt have to move clubs because they have reached their use by date at their own clubs. The AFL should allow similiar players to play out their days at their original clubs. Loyalty still does mean something in footy clubs and the league should engender that.

That's all well and good financially, but what if they just want to play senior footy? Loyalty is fantastic but hard (and getting harder) to legislate. Membrey has done us proud, done his job and always provided the required effort and professionalism. I won't like seeing him run around in another jumper but it should affect what we think of him in the slightest.

He will be much better player than Coffiield IMO. He is a lot more mobile, agile and better over head than Nick. Plus he can play taller than his actual height, playing on key forwards at times during the year.

Coffield is the opposite he cant play tall and his game actions are quite slow.
Big call. Coff has a top five best and fairest finish in a finals season.

Hope you're right.

Good point. For the past two seasons, there has been minimal continuity from that line group which cant help with consistency or chemistry between them. Particularly when they our are least experienced group. Good news is we have found a bunch of players with skill, now we just need them all available at the same time.

I hope not. Sharman excels at two things - impressive marks and set shot goal kicking. Surely we've learnt to play him in the position where those two skills can combine to be the most damaging.
Owens should be developed as a backman similar to Battle- strong body in contests, agile, and IMO not a natural forward. Sharman is a natural forward and that's where he stays.

Hope you're right. The games I went to late in the year he was clearly our best forward. Including wiping the floor with Barass. A bit of pressure on the young guys to step up now, but maybe that's a good thing.
It’s an excellent thing.
If they want it badly enough we’ll have a great group of different style forwards. Then add Higgins, Henry, Owens and hopefully more of Collard.

Looking forward to see how they work together.

Over to you forward line coach - whoever that’s going to be.

Big call. Coff has a top five best and fairest finish in a finals season.

Hope you're right.

2020 Coffield may have been a perfect Battle replacement. In fact, it's part of the reason 2020 Battle didn't play in the backline. I understand the overarching impulse to remove 2020 entirely from memory, but Coffield was fantastic as a third medium intercepting defender with excellent foot skills that year. Then he got ahead of himself, got a kick in the pants, got super fit, did his knee, and now it is probably just about over for him. A great shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2020 Coffield may have been a perfect Battle replacement. In fact, it's part of the reason 2020 Battle didn't play in the backline. I understand the overarching impulse to remove 2020 entirely from memory, but Coffield was fantastic as a third medium intercepting defender with excellent foot skills that year. Then he got ahead of himself, got a kick in the pants, got super fit, did his knee, and now it is probably just about over for him. A great shame.
Its a make or break year for him this year. Dogs have lost Daniel and if anything have no real stand out in that 3rd tall role. Lobb, Jones and Keath with Busslinger coming through now and O'Donnel. They actually have a lack of that 3rd tall role. Its him Khamis and Duryea, if he isnt geting games ahead of those two hes probably done

Everyone complains about our talls.

But our smalls need significant improvement.

Butler doesn’t hurt alot. Would love collard to come on.

Higgins plays more like older Milney as a mark leading forward than he does a younger Milney who was opportunistic and crumbing.
Building the midfield means Henry can play more (high) forward.

HF: Henry - King - Phillipou
F: Owens - Sharman - Higgins

Int: Butler Collard Hotton*

He seems to play an unaccountable game at Sandy and players look to get it in his hands. His kicking is elite. Not a negative, I rate him highly.
One year in.
I doubt RTB will be happy with any unaccountable footballer.
He’ll learn.
Hopefully he’ll be a huge weapon for us sooner rather later.

Speaking of Arie somewhere today, what a kick this was.
Build that defence craft up and we have an absolute weapon on our hands.

I think we’ve got to find a way to get him into the team just for his kicking alone. Having him NWM, Hill and Sinclair delivering the ball into our forward line can only be a good thing.

Speaking of Arie somewhere today, what a kick this was.
Build that defence craft up and we have an absolute weapon on our hands.

The thing I really love about Arie's leg is he never looks like he is trying to kick the air out of the ball, and it goes 65 metres anyway.

Gram was the worst at this: had a cannon leg, but too often tried to kick the ball as hard as he could when it wasn't necessary.

The thing I really love about Arie's leg is he never looks like he is trying to kick the air out of the ball, and it goes 65 metres anyway.

Gram was the worst at this: had a cannon leg, but too often tried to kick the ball as hard as he could when it wasn't necessary.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Ari mis kick a ball. He could be our designated kicker from kick ins. Play on, take his 15 metres and kick it to the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back