List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

What are we expecting to happen with:

Tim Membrey linked to Collingwood
Jack Hayes linked to Collingwood
Ben Paton linked to gws
Brad Crouch linked to real estate
Other unconstructed Players. If there are any?

We currently have 4 list spots but could have up to 8

Brad Crouch to realestate.com.au for a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom on a 1/4 acre block confirmed.

The issue with Joyce is that despite his defending being pretty decent and his work rate being good.. he just cant kick. If he could roost it and clear D50 it wouldnt be so bad but his accuracy in field kicking is just not up to scratch.

But yeah, he's forged a pretty good career so far which few people can do.
Sweet and bitter for my Lions supporting mates. Joyous with his delisting only to realise that he’s been promised to be taken as a rookie 😂

It's more about having demonstrated the pathway for our father-sons to show those that advise them whether its managers, parents etc. "Hey if you join our father-son program and commit to it (and have enough talent) we will draft and give you shot just like Peckett". Right now we have 0 success stories.

The gold-standard obviously is Collingwood with the Peter Daicos academy and the Bulldogs. We aren't at the stage where we can just pick and choose we still have to sell it to our past players. Wakelin is a good example because he could nominate St Kilda OR Port, I'm sure there is plenty more players like that down the track Josh Battle (LOL), Brad Hill many others.

It is a long-term play for what is currently a non-existent father-son program and we are severely behind the 8 ball. I'd much rather invest a 'guaranteed' list spot to Father-son and/or Academy players than I would to our VFL listed players.

Hill only played 95 games for Hawthorn and about 55 or so for Freo so we'll be the only FS option :cool:

The issue with Joyce is that despite his defending being pretty decent and his work rate being good.. he just cant kick. If he could roost it and clear D50 it wouldnt be so bad but his accuracy in field kicking is just not up to scratch.

But yeah, he's forged a pretty good career so far which few people can do.
Joyce played 6 pretty reasonable games (as a backup defender) for Brisbane his year.

The only issue I'd have with getting him back is simply that - he would be an ideal back up defender but I don't you'd want to rely on him as a starting 22 player.

You'd probably be looking more at Phillips, Tomlinson or DBG if you are looking for someone to play 10 to 15 games to allow us to comfortably fill the Battle gap for a year to allow the younger players time for development.

Joyce played 6 pretty reasonable games (as a backup defender) for Brisbane his year.

The only issue I'd have with getting him back is simply that - he would be an ideal back up defender but I don't you'd want to rely on him as a starting 22 player.

You'd probably be looking more at Phillips, Tomlinson or DBG if you are looking for someone to play 10 to 15 games to allow us to comfortably fill the Battle gap for a year to allow the younger players time for development.
Is he a better player than when we delisted him?? If not, why on Earth would we get him back?

Is he a better player than when we delisted him?? If not, why on Earth would we get him back?
I think (and i dont really care if we got him or not) we delisted him when we had a decent little group of key defenders established or emerging. As it stands now we have Howard, Wilkie and Cordy at a stretch then the cupboard is bare.

If we got him back it would be as contingency (noting there are others available some marginally better, some substantially worse).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh isn’t there it’s the membership package questionnaire

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was when I filled out the checklist an hour or so ago. I chose him under both questions. Favourite player and player most looking forward to watch in 2025. Maybe they've fixed the error now unless we are talking about 2 different questionnaires.
1729748797702.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back