List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
phillips was all the talk for a couple weeks,specifically richmond,then he got a game,then another and it was all about staying at norf,lets see now that he is out again,wardlaw and mccercher back and he cant get a game,if he doesnt see it now,i guess he doesnt have an iq that we would want anyway

We do need gun mids. The only one likely to be there at our pick is Lalor now and then we probably have to reach for others.

Davo has some interesting rankings. Jagga obviously doesn't do it for him....or Lalor. Agree on O'Sullivan on pure talent, he's got Wardlaw vibes. Ashcroft would be the most certain to be a gun player in the draft IMO.

I really rate Faull too but that's crazy high. My boys Langford and Murphy Reid getting some love though.

July 2024 Rankings - Top 51

1. Finn O'Sullivan - Oakleigh (VC) - 182cm
2. Levi Ashcroft - Sandringham (Bris FS) - 179cm
3. Leonardo Lombard - GCS A - 178cm
4. Sid Draper - Sth Adel - 180cm
5. Josh Smillie - Eastern - 194cm
6. Jonty Faull - GWV - 195cm
7. Luke Trainor - Sandringham - 194cm
8. Tobie Travaglia - Bendigo - 187cm
9. Harry O'Farrell - Calder - 196cm
10. Jagga Smith - Oakleigh - 181cm
11. Taj Hotton - Sandringham - 182cm (acl injury)
12. Josh Murphy - Murray - 190cm
13. Tyler Welsh - WWT (Adel FS)- 191cm
14. Christian Moraes - Eastern - 183cm
15. Murphy Reid - Sandringham - 180cm
16. Jack Whitlock - Murray - 200cm
17. Harvey Langford - Dandenong - 190cm
18. Ben Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 186cm
19. Sam Marshall - Sandringham (Bris A) - 185cm
20. Sam Lalor - GWV - 187cm
21. Bo Allan - Peel - 191cm
22. Lucas Camporeale - Glenlg (Carl FS) - 185cm
23. Joe Berry - Murray - 180cm
24. Tom Gross - Oakleigh - 181cm
25. Jobe Shanahan - Bendigo - 194cm
26. Cooper Hynes - Dandenong - 190cm
27. Phoenix Hargrave - Sth Adel - 182cm
28. Kayle Gerreyn - West Perth - 199cm
29. Thomas Sims - Northern - 199cm
30. Matt Whitlock - Murray - 197cm
31. Xavier Lindsay - Gippsland - 183cm
32. Noah Mraz - Dandenong - 198cm
33. Zaydyn Lockwood - Bendigo - 198cm
34. Isaac Kako - Calder (Ess NGA) - 175cm
35. Jesse Dattoli - Northern - 179cm
36. Zak Johnson - Northern - 185cm
37. Patrick Retschko - Oakleigh - 186cm
38. Malakai Champion - Subiaco (WCE NGA) - 172cm
39. Damon Hollow - Calder - 180cm
40. Lucas McInerney - Northern - 180cm
41. Kade Herbert - WWT - 184cm
42. Lucca Grego - Western - 184cm
43. Doug Kerr - Oakleigh (acl injury/Coll NGA) - 192cm
44. Archer Day-Wicks - Bendigo - 186cm
45. Hugh Boxshall - Clare - 187cm
46. Oliver Depaoli-Kubank - Tas - 178cm
47. Evan Bradley - Nth Adel - 174cm
48. Jacob Newton - Norwood - 178cm
49. Luke Urquhart - East Frem - 190cm
50. Jasper Alger - Oakleigh (VC) -182cm
51. Xavier Ivisic - Geelong - 180cm
52. Charlie Nicholls - Cent Dist 197cm

Who ever the best two mids are out of that group, grab them at four and five (if we lose Battle).

Then with Adelaide's 2nd rounder grab the next best mid available.

The system is setup to reward failure and I think we need to 'fail' again next year to sure up the list after our picks this year.
The system is setup to reward GWS, Sydney, Brisbane and GCS NGA's and ex players who spurt male sperm.

phillips was all the talk for a couple weeks,specifically richmond,then he got a game,then another and it was all about staying at norf,lets see now that he is out again,wardlaw and mccercher back and he cant get a game,if he doesnt see it now,i guess he doesnt have an iq that we would want anyway

Lazzaro looks a better option IMO.

Just saw this on my Facebook scroll:

"St Kilda, a remote island in Scotland, was home to a small community that thrived for centuries through unique practices like bird hunting and wool production. In 1930, facing food shortages and disease, the last residents requested evacuation.
It contains the westernmost islands of the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. The largest island is Hirta, whose sea cliffs are the highest in the United Kingdom
🇬🇧

The entire archipelago is now owned by the National Trust for Scotland. Parties of volunteers work on the islands in the summer to restore the many ruined buildings that the native St Kildans left behind. They share the island with a small military base established in 1957."

May not be a surprise that our St Kilda struggles, when our namesake faced hardship, food shortages, disease and eventually gave up and moved elsewhere. Should we be booking evacuation?

Just saw this on my Facebook scroll:

"St Kilda, a remote island in Scotland, was home to a small community that thrived for centuries through unique practices like bird hunting and wool production. In 1930, facing food shortages and disease, the last residents requested evacuation.
It contains the westernmost islands of the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. The largest island is Hirta, whose sea cliffs are the highest in the United Kingdom
🇬🇧

The entire archipelago is now owned by the National Trust for Scotland. Parties of volunteers work on the islands in the summer to restore the many ruined buildings that the native St Kildans left behind. They share the island with a small military base established in 1957."

May not be a surprise that our St Kilda struggles, when our namesake faced hardship, food shortages, disease and eventually gave up and moved elsewhere. Should we be booking evacuation?

Having been there it is along way from anywhere. Still they lasted 4000/5000 years! So we only have another 3850 years to go!

Forced religion started their population downfall as life there was marginal, and the reduced working days made their marginal existence even harder.

But the more severe problem was for 200 years was an extraordinarily high fatality rate of newborn articles, that continually shrunk the population from its 200 odd till it was too small to be sustainable leading to then population of 36 being evacuated.

"Neonatal tetanus caused a high death rate on St Kilda
for up to 200 years; the failure to replenish the
population was a major factor in the failure of
community"

Last edited:
Is the club looking at Will Phillips from North?

Hasnt done much but was a high pick so would come for next to nothing and seems to want out being he cant crack into their stacked midfield. He is exactly what we should be trading a future second for and will want to come to us being he will have opportunity. I havnt watched him much but being a pick 5 surly he has talent.

I am not sure getting any older players is worth it unless it is a key back affter we loose Battle.
Just takes games a away from young guys.

The system is setup to reward failure and I think we need to 'fail' again next year to sure up the list after our picks this year.
Unfortuntely it needs to be another bottom 6 finish in 2025. Recruiting players that help bank wins so we finish 9-12 isnt a good plan with where our list is at.
I don't think it's that dire. We've had virtually nothing from Crouch and Dow this year and only starting to see what Pou can offer. Clark just needs a good run at it, Windy the same. Mitch and Jugo will feed in before too long.
If we can get a couple of good mids in the draft we'll be alright.

I don't think it's that dire. We've had virtually nothing from Crouch and Dow this year and only starting to see what Pou can offer. Clark just needs a good run at it, Windy the same. Mitch and Jugo will feed in before too long.

I think we need some bridging talent if Crouch is done. A kid midfielder is unlikely to be carrying our midfield until their 3rd or 4th season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence why Luke Parker would be so good

There are a few that we could chase if he won't leave the Swans. Jarrod Lyons wouldn't cost anything and still a gun in the VFL. Even Rory Atkins. Lazzaro from North as a bit more of a longer term option. Brodie from Freo too.

Nah Owens is a better version if he learns midfield

He shows a bit but hasn't managed to get to the next level. If he came super cheap he'd be worth a gamble.

He shows a bit but hasn't managed to get to the next level. If he came super cheap he'd be worth a gamble.
Nah, disagree when we have Owens not getting a game in the mids yet. If we get Davies, we can't play both in the same midfield so we either we play Davies out of position, Owens is perpetually stuck out of position/dropped, or we waste a pick for VFL fodder

There are a few that we could chase if he won't leave the Swans. Jarrod Lyons wouldn't cost anything and still a gun in the VFL. Even Rory Atkins. Lazzaro from North as a bit more of a longer term option. Brodie from Freo too.
Rory Atkins isn't a mid, he's a half back/wing. Lyons would be good for free if we can't get anyone else but his defensive work is below par. Brodie is a liability defensively. Lazzaro is a terrible ball user but worth a look as a DFA if we don't get someone like Peatling

I thought archer Day-Wicks looks pretty good. Not a mid, and I had never heard of him before today but looks a player IMO.
Nice to watch a free flowing game of 90’s style footy from the kids.
Day-Wicks was projected to be a top 20 pick at the end of last season. If we want an X-factor small forward beyond the second round, he's a great option

Rory Atkins isn't a mid, he's a half back/wing. Lyons would be good for free if we can't get anyone else but his defensive work is below par. Brodie is a liability defensively. Lazzaro is a terrible ball user but worth a look as a DFA if we don't get someone like Peatling

He has played midfield. He's one of those jack of all master of none types. His best form was probably as a HBF but he's won clearance from the midfield. He'd only hopefully be a very temporary addition but he's way too good to play VFL every week.

Peating is good but getting games, think he'd cost a bit. Lazzaro looks really good when I see him play VFL. Wins lots of contested inside footy. Can't see him getting regular games in the AFL with that midfield any time soon.

We're talking about guys that would be cheap filler not serious high profile trades. You aren't getting too many stars when you are picking in the bin. Hopefully some one like Lyon can define a really simple role for them and make them into a competitive player. Crouch had lots of detractors too. He's been very good for us.

Day-Wicks was projected to be a top 20 pick at the end of last season. If we want an X-factor small forward beyond the second round, he's a great option

Looks pretty good. He looks more mids sized than small, maybe a bit like Snags where he's sort of in-between sizes. Berry and Champion are more true smalls. Kako and Berry probably go late first round now another is an SA kid called Evan Bradley that looks okay and should go late. I reckon we need some more true small forward depth.

Raid GC Davies as a mid not getting game time top draft pick too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we could get him he's already shown that he can win contested possession and clearance in some games.

Probably having a problem getting a game with Miller etc in there.

Looks pretty good. He looks more mids sized than small, maybe a bit like Snags where he's sort of in-between sizes. Berry and Champion are more true smalls. Kako and Berry probably go late first round now another is an SA kid called Evan Bradley that looks okay and should go late. I reckon we need some more true small forward depth.

If we had both Hunter and Archer, we could make short work of any pesky deer grazing on the turf at RSEA park.

Actually kind of makes sense someone called "Hunter" wants to be involved with talent scouting.

"Neonatal tetanus caused a high death rate on St Kilda
for up to 200 years; the failure to replenish the
population
was a major factor in the failure of
community"

For “community” read “club” and there you have it - the reason for our lack of father/sons in one succinct sentence.
🙄

For “community” read “club” and there you have it - the reason for our lack of father/sons in one succinct sentence.
🙄

StKilda was pretty unlucky.
A heap of them actually immigrated to Melbourne, but alas many died due to sickness during the voyage.

I’m really confident about the long term future. Just don’t think the bounce will be all that high next year. We will loose experience and promote youth. It’s 8-10 wins at best that is if everyone stays healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back