List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to decipher all of this cryptic banter.....I seriously hope we are not giving up pick 5 or 6 or whatever it ends up being, for Josh Rachele. Is that what people are alluding to? FMD we need mids mids mids and mids.

I hope the Hawks fail with both Barass and Battle.
Arrogant bastards think that list management is simply a matter of clicking their fingers at anyone in the AFL they like, and players will come running.

Their trading hasn't been great, they had players like O'Meara and Mitchell. Its lucky for them they did some amazing drafting.

Arrogant bastards think that list management is simply a matter of clicking their fingers at anyone in the AFL they like, and players will come running.

Their trading hasn't been great, they had players like O'Meara and Mitchell. Its lucky for them they did some amazing drafting.
I'm hoping the Hawks miss out on Barrass and Battle too but your chat on their trading is pretty average.

Hawthorn improved as a team after they got rid of Mitchell and O'Meara. Won more clearances and contested footy.

They have brought in the likes of Jack Ginnivan, Jack Scrimshaw, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Jarman Impey, Karl Amon, Lloyd Meek, Mabior Chol - all who are contributing best 22 players.

Their trading has been super impressive.

RIP Band 1 Compo pick
2024-2024

Loved by many, taken too soon
Until I see a breaking news. Battle has re-signed with the saints tweet.

I remain sceptical.

Not that I don’t believe the poster.

But SOS told me in March Battle was signing and here we are in August… with no Battle signing.

Their trading hasn't been great, they had players like O'Meara and Mitchell. It’s lucky for them they did some amazing drafting.
Yeah lot of recent articles proclaiming Hawthorn to now being a ‘destination’ club. Which given how many targets they’ve missed out on in recent years, the definition of destination club must have changed

You’re actually SOS, aren’t you?
season 5 no GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping the Hawks miss out on Barrass and Battle too but your chat on their trading is pretty average.

Hawthorn improved as a team after they got rid of Mitchell and O'Meara. Won more clearances and contested footy.

They have brought in the likes of Jack Ginnivan, Jack Scrimshaw, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Jarman Impey, Karl Amon, Lloyd Meek, Mabior Chol - all who are contributing best 22 players.

I think super impressive is a stretch. A number of useful footballers and yes they’re in a good run of form but they aren’t in the finals yet. And form and development isn’t always linear. As one poster mentioned once teams start to scout them better, things may change.

Is that any better than Hill, Butler, Higgins, Howard, Wood, Stocker and Henry though? Every one of them would be outside their top 10 except perhaps Ginnivan , maybe Chol, while Hill, Wood, Henry and Higgins would be top ten at the Saints.

And remember the hullabaloo about Mitchell flying to Perth to entice Henry to Hawthorn? How that work for him?

Would be a huge get for the club if battle has signed on with us. This cannot be seen as a negative, any which way you look. He has turned into close to an elite player the past 12 months, with plenty of footy left in him. Dare say this will also keep the morale high with the older group such as Steele, Rowan etc, who will see this as a sign of playing the kids, but more importantly playing for the now. Nail our top 5 pick on a gun mid, plus another couple of sliders later in the draft, and we would have drafted a big nucleus of young talent in the past 4 years which should hopefully set us up for sustained shot at this elusive flag.

Would be a huge get for the club if battle has signed on with us. This cannot be seen as a negative, any which way you look. He has turned into close to an elite player the past 12 months, with plenty of footy left in him.
Only reason for any type of disappointment would by nice shiny toy syndrome and the fact that 2 high quality mids would have us on track for the development Ross Lyon wants.

We have to get them elsewhere. I would still look at McCrae, or a Tom Berry etc in trading.

Is that any better than Hill, Butler, Higgins, Howard, Wood, Stocker and Henry though? Every one of them would be outside their top 10 except perhaps Ginnivan , maybe Chol, while Hill, Wood, Henry and Higgins would be top ten at the Saints.

And remember the hullabaloo about Mitchell flying to Perth to entice Henry to Hawthorn? How that work for him?
Spot on. I was about to post exactly the same thing.

Good result for us though but I have a feeling someone else will be on the block now.

It wouldn't be a stretch to think that the club would be testing the waters in a number of areas to see what could happen. There will be some form of turnover. It will just be a question of who can they afford to lose and for the best price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back