List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not till Monday at the earliest, I've heard.

His parent.
Just heard this on SEN.
Immediately after that, a text to say he’s going to the Hawks - take it to the bank. 🤣

This decision has to be the best kept secret ever.

Just heard this on SEN.
Immediately after that, a text to say he’s going to the Hawks - take it to the bank. 🤣

This decision has to be the best kept secret ever.
I don’t think any decision has been made to be honest.

Look at Zurhaar during the week. The moment that was done - they made sure that was out in the media.

Only reason for any type of disappointment would by nice shiny toy syndrome and the fact that 2 high quality mids would have us on track for the development Ross Lyon wants.

We have to get them elsewhere. I would still look at McCrae, or a Tom Berry etc in trading.
Tom Berry?? He's a small forward and he only just went to the Gold Coast. Also is not leaving QLD due to family. If we want Tom Berry, we never should have gotten rid of Jack Peris or Ben Long

I am pretty happy Josh is staying (if reports are true), while at the same time pretty disappointed we dont have a band 1 compo pick.
Cant the AFL just give us one like they do everyone else?

I reckon it's great news. We are a genuine chance at finals next year and hopefully we get a good injury run and fixture. Long term high picks are great but we really need to go now because the bulk of our best talent is getting close to or over 30. Battle helps that and being 25 he'll still be around as those old guys tip out of the side.

I reckon it's great news. We are a genuine chance at finals next year and hopefully we get a good injury run and fixture. Long term high picks are great but we really need to go now because the bulk of our best talent is getting close to or over 30. Battle helps that and being 25 he'll still be around as those old guys tip out of the side.
Or it points to another high profile exit to attain this second first rounder they want.

So Clarry Oliver and his monster deal?

Steele for picks and then we grab Shiel?

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

Or it points to another high profile exit to attain this second first rounder they want.

So Clarry Oliver and his monster deal?

Steele for picks and then we grab Shiel?

Freezing Major League Baseball GIF by MLB

Why do we have to do stupid shit? They worst wounds are self inflicted ones.

Is that any better than Hill, Butler, Higgins, Howard, Wood, Stocker and Henry though? Every one of them would be outside their top 10 except perhaps Ginnivan , maybe Chol, while Hill, Wood, Henry and Higgins would be top ten at the Saints.

And remember the hullabaloo about Mitchell flying to Perth to entice Henry to Hawthorn? How that work for him?
The Hawthorn arrogance isn't just found with their supporters. Those inside hawthorn were already gloating to the media that they had Henry (and others) across the line last year when reality was his relationship with Ross and Hill meant he wasn't going anywhere else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that any better than Hill, Butler, Higgins, Howard, Wood, Stocker and Henry though? Every one of them would be outside their top 10 except perhaps Ginnivan , maybe Chol, while Hill, Wood, Henry and Higgins would be top ten at the Saints.

And remember the hullabaloo about Mitchell flying to Perth to entice Henry to Hawthorn? How that work for him?
That's a fair point in regards to our trade haul. Although I think we have traded pretty well and OP was still way off with his assessment of Hawthorn's trading.

Would you look at taking the Dees 1st pick if it meant carrying all of Olivers $$?

We trade some 2nd/3rd rounders for Oliver and the Dees 1st pick ala the Bowes deal.

Gets us the second 1st rounder we want plus a potentially AA level mid. Could also blow up in our face with a 3rd strike or off season OD case...

Would you look at taking the Dees 1st pick if it meant carrying all of Olivers $$?

We trade some 2nd/3rd rounders for Oliver and the Dees 1st pick ala the Bowes deal.

Gets us the second 1st rounder we want plus a potentially AA level mid. Could also blow up in our face with a 3rd strike or off season OD case...
Sounds like a win/win to me

💯 0/0

Richmond are smart in offloading Bolton, Baker, Dusty etc this year.

In 3 years' time Tassie will vacuum all the 17yo talent ala GWS. Then they will get 10x first rounders. Then they will get special academy rules to grab Tassie kids early.

Load up on the draft this year and next year or be doomed to add 5+ years on your rebuild.

The excrement gets another coating of slightly better glitter.

#abolishacademiesandfathersons
Get rid of the academies and make a national reserves competition. Keep the father son, whilst the points system needs tweaking it’s one of the better rules in the AFL. Plus, we’re due for some luck and have 3 Riewoldts boy that will hopefully return to Australia🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back