List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it's great news. We are a genuine chance at finals next year and hopefully we get a good injury run and fixture. Long term high picks are great but we really need to go now because the bulk of our best talent is getting close to or over 30. Battle helps that and being 25 he'll still be around as those old guys tip out of the side.
Don’t have the midfield to challenge that’s the fact
Keeping Battle is nice but more of the same midfield wise next year
8–14th
Soft draw only hope but even then you just run into a genuine contender (GWS) come finals

I love the AFL 🙃

What it means is that Suns would not have been able to swap their first rounder for the Bulldogs pick this year.
In fact they might have been looking to sell their future picks to get 2023 currency. Which is as it should be.
They still get their Academy players at a discount, but they don't get a free first round pick in 2024 because of it.

8–14th
Soft draw only hope but even then you just run into a genuine contender (GWS) come finals

Sorry 3 or 4 first round draft picks won't give you a stronger midfield "next year".
But with the improvement we've seen from Philipou, and the improvement we may get from the likes of Wilson, Windhager, etc. If we picked up someone like Macrae we mightn't be far off.

Can someone pls explain to me why we’re not poking harder at Bailey Smith.

Local boy
Already a gun mid would probs be our second best
Has some interesting character traits but we went after Degoey.

He’s exactly what we need
Because hes on the gear

Sorry 3 or 4 first round draft picks won't give you a stronger midfield "next year".
But with the improvement we've seen from Philipou, and the improvement we may get from the likes of Wilson, Windhager, etc. If we picked up someone like Macrae we mightn't be far off.
It’s not actually about improving our midfield next year - I expect another similar year to this tbh
It’s about what talent we get in before Tassie go up the lot

Wilson ain’t a mid he’s a winger
People keep banging on about Windhager - my view is he’ll be a good solid player not a game changer
Macrae is not about building out our future midfield

Makes sense we are having another go at Bergman. I think he sees himself as more than a lockdown defender.

As a money ball type we could look at Branden Campbell.

Gees we didnt lose anything trading out Coffield he is way too slow, one dimensional and has no second efforts. He looks too heavy, he may come good but atm Im surprised he's getting a game in the Bulldogs side. Dow as who we basically received in the trade still has big questions on his work rate also, looks like basically a nil all draw.

2 top 10 picks
The chance to maybe split one to get 2 in teens
I think that goes a long way to helping a bottom 4 midfield

I dont want to lose Battle, but we simply have to find a way to improve our midfield before our older brigade fall off a cliff. Sometimes clubs have to give up something good to improve Collingwood, Geelong & Richmond are recent good examples.

8–14th

We would have played finals if Crouch had stayed fit IMO, on top of that we probably could have got through but Dow was injured, Henry injured, Clark injured, Seb Ross tipped over and Jones and Windhager were injured. And three of our best forwards all missed games.

Phillipou made a huge leap though and looks like he'll play plenty from now on. We have developed Stocker into a tagging mid etc. We'll get a mid in this draft too and hopefully try to find someone who can bridge.

We should probably piss Misson off to be honest but absolute top end mids would be good regardless. Hopefully that's Pou.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct
But once Tassie come in you can forget that
And good luck jagging an LDU …
You e always got to nail picks that goes without saying but is Dalrymple job
If he stuffs that and they moved Toce on there’ll be questions
Or where there is smoke there is fire and we are looking to move on an established star for picks

We would have played finals if Crouch had stayed fit IMO, on top of that we probably could have got through but Dow was injured, Henry injured, Clark injured, Seb Ross tipped over and Jones and Windhager were injured. And three of our best forwards all missed games.

Phillipou made a huge leap though and looks like he'll play plenty from now on. We have developed Stocker into a tagging mid etc. We'll get a mid in this draft too and hopefully try to find someone who can bridge.

We should probably piss Misson off to be honest but absolute top end mids would be good regardless. Hopefully that's Pou.
what's misson got to do with anything?

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I dont want to lose Battle, but we simply have to find a way to improve our midfield before our older brigade fall off a cliff. Sometimes clubs have to give up something good to improve Collingwood, Geelong & Richmond are recent good examples.

If Phillipou can keep moving forward we are already a huge step forward. Steele and him with our rotations look pretty good. Keeping them all fit is the biggest challenge. Throw someone like FOS or Langford in and we are getting pressured for spots.

I'd also have a look at a guy like Lazzaro from North. Maybe Jarrod Lyons for short term depth otherwise.

what's misson got to do with anything?

He's a campaigner. Seriously though, I don't know if he's still designing our fitness program, but a Melbourne poster suggested that he'd destroyed their list and they came good as soon as he was gone. We have been decimated with injury this year.

He fixed Dow's ACL in 2 weeks.

He's a campaigner. Seriously though, I don't know if he's still designing our fitness program, but a Melbourne poster suggested that he'd destroyed their list and they came good as soon as he was gone. We have been decimated with injury this year.

He did an incredible job for the Saints a decade ago.

If Phillipou can keep moving forward we are already a huge step forward. Steele and him with our rotations look pretty good. Keeping them all fit is the biggest challenge. Throw someone like FOS or Langford in and we are getting pressured for spots.

I'd also have a look at a guy like Lazzaro from North. Maybe Jarrod Lyons for short term depth otherwise.
I think Ross reckons Pou can be top 10 in the comp good. It will be interesting going into next year to see how we work the midfield, Clark seems to be a lock so if he can stay fit he'll be really handy. It's been good seeing how we are able to make it work with some fairly limited parts lately, if we can trade and draft smartly we can definitely put something together in the middle.

How many soft tissue?
How many footy accidents?

he is head of football. don't we have the bloke from essendon running that stuff now?

So some melbourne supporter posts something and, even though Misson is not in that type of role you want to pass him off?
Fair dinkum! Have you been on the turps?
Sometimes you contribute good, thoughtful posts. And sometimes......

Can someone pls explain to me why we’re not poking harder at Bailey Smith.

Local boy
Already a gun mid would probs be our second best
Has some interesting character traits but we went after Degoey.

He’s exactly what we need

At the right price sure, but I can't help but feel that he's a really good looking and harder working version of Paddy Dow.
I struggle to see what he's elite at.

He's not super quick, doesn't have great skills, isn't explosive, and doesn't win enough of his own footy. He's good at many things but not elite at anything.

However, despite the slip up with the drug video, character isn't an issue. His work ethic and professionalism is excellent and his desire to get the best out of himself is why I would take him on board. He takes his career seriously.

Either way I don't think we are a chance, Geelong or staying at the Dogs is how I've read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back