Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

You must have a special photo. There is no one with a number on their guernsey in my photo, which contains 2 women, neither of who I know or bear a number, and Leggy.

It’s the second image where the AFLW player wears no. 20. Swipe left😊

You must have a special photo. There is no one with a number on their guernsey in my photo, which contains 2 women, neither of who I know or bear a number, and Leggy.
I can’t remember maybe this.

Attachments

• IMG_2123.jpeg
    IMG_2123.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 51

They'll do review from last week's game and a light run tomorrow, which I don't go to generally.

But then the main sessions:

Tuesday 25 June: 9:30am - 11:00am (AIA Vitality Centre)
Thursday 27 June: 9:30am - 11:00am (AIA Vitality Centre)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything notable at training? Hopefully no fresh injuries? DeGoey and Richards get through everything? The suspense waiting for Jen's report is killing me!

Training - Tuesday June 25th. - Round 16

I got myself up this morning and braved the cold to attend this morning's session.

Absentees:

• Begg
  • Parker
  • Mitchell
  • Carmichael
  • Schultz

Rehab:
  • Cox
  • Steene
  • Elliott

Today's session was non contact drills, plus match sim and conditioning -- Given they had been off for over a week, they would have needed to get some running into those legs. The downside of the mid-season break.

Teams - Mixed, this doesn't mean anything. Not until the main session.

Black - (non rehab)

• Crisp
  • Mihocek
  • IQ
  • DC
  • Lippa
  • Moore
  • JD
  • Howe
  • Jordy
  • Noble
  • Beau
  • Frampton
  • Nick
  • Pendles
  • Maynard
  • WHE
  • Hill
  • Sidey

White

• McStay
  • DeMattia
  • Kreuger
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • TJ
  • Smit
  • Ryan
  • Reef
  • Bytel
  • Richards
  • Sullivan
  • Eyre
  • HH
  • Markov
  • Johnson
  • Dean
  • Long

Mcstay trained fully and looked to be on track to return pretty soon. I reckon a few weeks of full training and then he should be okay to do a vfl game.

Looks like the forward experiment has ended, they now have Josh Eyre back in defence where he belongs. Maybe they put him forward to ease him through the first few games.

Reef took some nice marks up forward.
Kreuger, I worried for him a bit when he went up against a teammate in a contest and I thought he hurt himself. But just a little winded thats all.

Eyre took some nice intercept grabs in defence, and used his athlecism to move through traffic. Definitely looks more comfortable down back. Who knew haha.

Richards got through training and moved well. He should be right to go. Whatever level he will play at.

Jordy was involved in drills and match sim, did some things to the side, but was mostly involved in everything

Do they do another session in Melbourne this week, or train up on the GC?
Main session thur. Then they'll do their captains run here before flying to GC
Minus Gather Round; they haven't done an interstate training session under fly. Not since pre covid.

Which is a shame for those fans that don't live in melb. And rarely get to see the players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back