Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back from Qatar and at least able to walk laps of Punt Road which has to be a positive given every had him dead and buried for 2024
This far from the injury I'd hope he can do more than walk laps!

But interesting that he's back, wonder when the club might provide an update on how he's going?

This far from the injury I'd hope he can do more than walk laps!

But interesting that he's back, wonder when the club might provide an update on how he's going?
Perhaps the message from his trip to Dubai was to do nothing at all for a month or whatever. Complete rest. Sort of make sense if it did, the other route of rehab that he did last year did not work at all. Start from scratch and really let it heal.

As you say, be nice to hear from the club.

Perhaps the message from his trip to Dubai was to do nothing at all for a month or whatever. Complete rest. Sort of make sense if it did, the other route of rehab that he did last year did not work at all. Start from scratch and really let it heal.

As you say, be nice to hear from the club.
Maybe the message but a lot of money to pay for a “ have rest” medical opinion

I'm pretty sure that after the rest would be a certain rehab program tailored to his rather unique injury. I'm sure the best physio's in the world have some sort of plan.
Everybody(physio) has a plan...just have to make it successful!

Gibcus going to have to learn to play like this.

Cat Walking GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure that after the rest would be a certain rehab program tailored to his rather unique injury. I'm sure the best physio's in the world have some sort of plan.
The place he went to is world renowned for treating sports injuries, I’m surprised that we don’t have similar here in this sporting country

The place he went to is world renowned for treating sports injuries, I’m surprised that we don’t have similar here in this sporting country
$$$. The Emirates are setting themselves up for after oil, creating the best because they have so much money right now.
When the oil is gone, athletes from all over the world will go there because they can afford it and it's not so far, compared to here.

$$$. The Emirates are setting themselves up for after oil, creating the best because they have so much money right now.
When the oil is gone, athletes from all over the world will go there because they can afford it and it's not so far, compared to here.
Didn't he go to Qatar to the Aspire center of excellence. I know Tim Cahill works there as a ambassadors role. Highly rated that centre.

Didn't he go to Qatar to the Aspire center of excellence. I know Tim Cahill works there as a ambassadors role. Highly rated that centre.
Same same. Dubai, Emirates, Qatar etc, all doing the same thing, centre's of excellence, and of summer indoor ice skating if your 're bored and on holiday.

R & D and Australia in the same sentence, not on Albos (read Scomo or any one of the useless idiots that have run this country) watch

I'm just glad the club put their hands in their pockets and sent him to a place considered the world's best. Grimes said 1 more hamstring setback early on and he would've retired. Grimes was just a rookie so we never would've known what he was capable of. Gibcus has been a big investment that we need to payoff, we need to break the cursed 1st round picks being busts. Will feel better when Meehan is rissoled to the local F45 where he belongs.

I'm just glad the club put their hands in their pockets and sent him to a place considered the world's best. Grimes said 1 more hamstring setback early on and he would've retired. Grimes was just a rookie so we never would've known what he was capable of. Gibcus has been a big investment that we need to payoff, we need to break the cursed 1st round picks being busts. Will feel better when Meehan is rissoled to the local F45 where he belongs.

Top 10 picks since Fabulous Franky Jackson went full time:

Trent Cotchin
Tyrone "Turned into Bolton" Vickery
Dustin Martin
Reece Conca
Nick Vlaustin
Joshua Gibcus

Picks 11-20 since FJ went full time:

Jack Riewoldt that is
Alex Rance
Ben Griffiths
Brandon Ellis
Ben Lennon
Corey Ellis
Daniel Rioli
Jack Higgins
Callum Coleman-Jones
Riley Collier-Dawkins
Tom Brown

Picks 21-30 since FJ went full time:

Shane Edwards
Jayden Post
Todd Elton
Jake Batchelor
Shai Bolton
Noah Balta
Thomson Dow
Tyler Sonsie
Sam Banks
Judson Clarke

Notable draftees from lower picks in the Frank Jackson era:

35 David Astbury
Pre-season pick 3 Bachar Houli
31 Kamdyn McIntosh
67 Dan Butler
Rookie draft 11 Jayden Short
Rookie draft 29 Jason Castagna
Rookie draft 46 Kane Lambert
Cat B Rookie Ivan Soldo
50 Oleg Markov
67 Nathan Broad
53 Jack Graham
Rookie draft 6 Tyson Stengle
Rookie draft 18 Liam Baker
43 Jack Ross
63 Ben Miller
Rookie draft 30 Mabior Chol
Pick 51 Maurice Rioli Jnr
Rookie pick 26 Tylar Young
43 Noah Cumberland

And players who haven't played in finals yet and are unresolved, but have played some significant senior footy:

40 Samson Ryan
46 Hugo Ralphsmith

Be interesting to see if you can come up with a club who has done better from worse picks in that time.

And please, Lukey Meehan has 3 flags on his curriculum vitae.

QATAR?

Half way to Germany?

Since when is Qatar re knowned for sports medicine?

How many foreign workers gunna be sacrificed to the allah when the op fails?

Plenty I hope

QATAR?

Half way to Germany?

Since when is Qatar re knowned for sports medicine?

How many foreign workers gunna be sacrificed to the allah when the op fails?

Plenty I hope
If all these soccer clubs with bottomless bank accounts deem that place to be world's best that's good enough for me. They're hardly gonna send their €100,000,000 players to a butcher just for sh1ts and giggles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back