Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed that family is disappointed with Louie the Butcher and believe the club brought him back too soon this season. Watch this space. If we don’t get decent fitness and rehab staff some players will leave.

Which players exactly? And how does Josh Gibcus' family know about the intentions of other players on our list?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmed that family is disappointed with Louie the Butcher and believe the club brought him back too soon this season. Watch this space. If we don’t get decent fitness and rehab staff some players will leave.
If Josh leaves because he is upset about re-injuring himself then he can piss off.

Im all for taking the piss out of Meehan but the players rehab attitude needs to be questioned. Club flies him half way round the world for treatment FFS what more can they do? kid needs to grow some balls and realise its one of those unfortunate things plus he isnt even 20 yet.

Can you pass on that to his disappointed family.

Confirmed

he did his hammy in the preseason and then come may 12th:

View attachment 1851288

so that could be counted as coming back too soon
Any athlete want to get back to normal life after an injury..
I think I recall Gibcus reinjuring himself a couple of times.
Bad management?
Probably a combo of

I think I noticed Gibcus in the pickkies on the club website.

I was not expecting that

Good thing he is contracted until the end of 2025

He did the 2km time trial today, hopefully he is over the injuries.

Wow … I hadn’t really been following but assumed he was perhaps still overseas getting his hammy treated, and I wasn’t expecting any genuine physical exertion until the new year.

That’s huge if we are confident enough to run him in a 2km time trial.

Winning !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wow … I hadn’t really been following but assumed he was perhaps still overseas getting his hammy treated, and I wasn’t expecting any genuine physical exertion until the new year.

That’s huge if we are confident enough to run him in a 2km time trial.

Winning !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What they didn't say is that he's still finishing it 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back