Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

His first season of senior footy as a KPD was far superior to what Rance and Grimes were at even after their first few seasons of footy.

It’s a right shame that injuries have crippled his development for the past two seasons.
BS Grimes showed from the word go what he was. His hamstrings were crippling him once they managed to keep him going was unreal. Ps Much faster than Gibb and stronger. Rance had heaps of ability but was to busy been a kid playing games. Once he was nearly out the door he woke up. Give me a fit Grimes any day than Gib.

IF, Gibcus can come back from those 2 massive leg injuries, IF he can bulk up and get a more Rance-like physique, IF Yze leaves him in defence and doesn’t swing him like Balta (another KP defender), IF he and Balta can become the Great Wall of Punt Rd, we might just start seeing the rebirth of our defensive stocks. A lot of IFs there I know, but just imagine, what if …

BS Grimes showed from the word go what he was. His hamstrings were crippling him once they managed to keep him going was unreal. Ps Much faster than Gibb and stronger. Rance had heaps of ability but was to busy been a kid playing games. Once he was nearly out the door he woke up. Give me a fit Grimes any day than Gib.

I rated Grimes as much as anyone from the get go and he’s one of my all time favourite Tigers.

From early stages he always had exceptional closing down speed and was a great spoiler of the ball.
No knock on him but initially he didn’t have the attacking side to his game such as intercept marking or execution by foot but he eventually grew this aspect of his game once he got his body right.

Gibcus was much better in year 1 as an interceptor and has great skills by foot for a key back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back