Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - signed as a DFA - welcome Toby BFNAAK

Remove this Banner Ad

More often than not in the big packs in our F50 i thought it was Pink getting nearest the ball, not Larks or the new guy. He had an almost game marks wise, soo close on many occasions. His hands looked about as concrete as Bull's, but he was contesting well. On one ocassion he had the clarity of mind and vision to try a tap on to a teamates advatage, didnt work but shows he isnt all at sea at the level. Enjoying his tackling mindset, wonder how well that works if/when we move away from kicking into a congested F50. Dont want to see him rucking, not with X and The Slap bot playing

First thing, the fact we are talking him up is proof that our forward line, and future as a team, are in need of genuine talls up forward to help larkey.

It’s transformational.

That said, whilst I love his endeavour, he will hopefully be replaced soon with someone better. Not sure who that is unfortunately. And Pink is bloody handy depth that can be swung forward or back.

But you can’t expect to win playing a guy forward that doesn’t know how to kick goals. His kicking at goal is ugly as hell.

First thing, the fact we are talking him up is proof that our forward line, and future as a team, are in need of genuine talls up forward to help larkey.

It’s transformational.

That said, whilst I love his endeavour, he will hopefully be replaced soon with someone better. Not sure who that is unfortunately. And Pink is bloody handy depth that can be swung forward or back.

But you can’t expect to win playing a guy forward that doesn’t know how to kick goals. His kicking at goal is ugly as hell.
Doesn’t matter what they look like, as long as they go in. Couldn’t give s stuff if they were upside down helicopter punts. Just get em through the big sticks

As I mentioned above, I see improvement week on week. I also see a bloke who looks like he wants it and like TBL said, this presence in the forward line has been transformational. I honestly hope that his training as a forward and another pre season sets this bloke up as another fridge-like player. That would do me just fine.

It’s transformational.

I still think his best future position is down back.

be interesting to see how he would go now after gaining some confidence and a run of games up fwd. ( not suggesting we move him back as its obviously going pretty good up fwd). I think he was lacking confidence when he played earlier in the season

As long as we don't have a second killer KPF to back up Larkey, Pink stays up forward. He's one of the table legs that has seen our structure up there improve greatly. Gets in the right positions to trouble interceptors; so many groundballs would have instead been marked and flying back out of there earlier in this season. Some swing potential too.

As long as we don't have a second killer KPF to back up Larkey, Pink stays up forward. He's one of the table legs that has seen our structure up there improve greatly. Gets in the right positions to trouble interceptors; so many groundballs would have instead been marked and flying back out of there earlier in this season. Some swing potential too.
Sellers has kicked multiple goals at vfl level

When pink does that at any level then only he should play

The bloke is a failed defender pretending to play forward atm

So Sellers 3 VFL goals beats Pinks mark and goal against the reigning AFL premiers?

Do you think the VFL is of the same or similar standard to the AFL?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When we eventually playing finals on a consistent basis, if Pink can be that back up swingman like Tom McDonald for Melbourne for example, i'll take that.

Pink is a poor footballer
If you don’t understand that then there is no helping you

And don’t be surprised when not more games are won
He’s a poor footballer who is structurally making our forward line function a lot better.

He’s playing his role better then anyone on our list could currently.

So Sellers 3 VFL goals beats Pinks mark and goal against the reigning AFL premiers?

Yep poker at Nostra's house. 2 pair beats 3 of a kind, you know it makes sense.
He’s a poor footballer who is structurally making our forward line function a lot better.

He’s playing his role better then anyone on our list could currently.
I wasn't a fan but I can see how he's improving, and gee he almost took that mark in the dying seconds. Not sure he would have kicked it though. So he's either a shocking kick for goal or is still a tad overawed by it all. I suggest the latter.

Hopefully Teakle me Pink will be the Moneyball combo we seek, well for the now as we develop some of the younger kids.

More than happy for Pink to front up against the Dees next week.

🤣 You’re trying to play serious catch-up football recently, N. You appear to have lost your mojo. Pink is way too low hanging fruit to get you back in the game. Look elsewhere for redemption…

Yeah but wheres your protection from being in an echo chamber?
I don't mind people coming on here and disagreeing with consensus opinions or even being annoying about it, but when it's pure monotonous unrepentant idiocy and never anything else for a single moment, it's better to just turn them off

The goal was from a free. Typical of the North Tax he had to make two htb tackles in a row to get it so if nothing else I'd keep him because pressure is what's doing it for us.

More often than not in the big packs in our F50 i thought it was Pink getting nearest the ball, not Larks or the new guy. He had an almost game marks wise, soo close on many occasions. His hands looked about as concrete as Bull's, but he was contesting well. On one ocassion he had the clarity of mind and vision to try a tap on to a teamates advatage, didnt work but shows he isnt all at sea at the level. Enjoying his tackling mindset, wonder how well that works if/when we move away from kicking into a congested F50. Dont want to see him rucking, not with X and The Slap bot playing

He's improving as he plays, hopefully he could be a reverse micky martyn story.

say what you will about nostra, but he's right on this one. Pink is not AFL standard

However, i do respect his ability to actually compete and provide a contest forward of centre which we definitely needed. But with Brynn in, and looking good on the weekend, there's just no need for Pink playing this role anymore. Sellers should get another chance as a genuine goal kicker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back