Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Made some mistakes with his disposal and lacked a fair bit of awareness, also tried to do too much and got pinged at times but the explosiveness, strength, determination and dynamic movement makes for a pretty special player in the making. He is going to be an A-grade wrecking ball beast.
Yep love his competitiveness

If he improves the above he will be unstoppable

I’m always right

This one is yet to be determined

He shows signs tho, kicking and awareness needs work
It’s so obvious you have no idea about team sport or sport in general. If you can’t see that Wardlaw has fundamentally changed our side through his star quality, you must be an absolute dildo.
I’m tipping your sporting ability is in these kind of areas:
1685872004830.gif

It’s so obvious you have no idea about team sport or sport in general. If you can’t see that Wardlaw has fundamentally changed our side through his star quality, you must be an absolute dildo.
View attachment 1704726
View attachment 1704726
It’s really not something to get so touchy over

The comment was his kicking isn’t elite

That’s all that was said and it’s a fact

Toughen up BigFooty

It’s really not something to get so touchy over

The comment was his kicking isn’t elite

That’s all that was said and it’s a fact

Toughen up BigFooty
But it's not a fact, he actually does some incredible kicks lol. Yes scrubs a couple, but you don't hit those bullets if you can't kick.

No one goes at 100% every game lol.

But it's not a fact, he actually does some incredible kicks lol. Yes scrubs a couple, but you don't hit those bullets if you can't kick.

No one goes at 100% every game lol.
I’m not saying he has to go 100%

Just pointing out he isn’t elite kick

But other areas of his game make up for this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what?

He hates to lose in the contest. Despises it. Just refuses to acknowledge losing a contest exists.

Completely transformed the midfield mix.

For those College Football fans who remember Reggie Bush and LenDale White at USC, he is the Thunder to Sheezel’s lightning.

Really steady. The Cunners comparisons are obvious. Will be the guy that goes out and wins his position every week.
How the * did a 3 gamer almost drag us across the line. His explosion is extraordinary

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was running on the spot at times.
Wait until he is fit and can bring that bite and aggression all game.

I get that some people may look to criticise his kicking - but when you are going as hard as Wardlaw does and tries to engineer the freakish results like he does - and everything he does is at 100% - you have to expect the odd clanger.

It's like a golfer trying the freak shot - if you get it 90% of the time - like GW does - then you are a freak.

Look at what GW does - not what he doesn't. He is the future of the club.

You know what?

He hates to lose in the contest. Despises it. Just refuses to acknowledge losing a contest exists.

Completely transformed the midfield mix.

For those College Football fans who remember Reggie Bush and LenDale White at USC, he is the Thunder to Sheezel’s lightning.
Laid a tackle as he was being knocked to the ground from the previous contest, and stuck it.

lol. there was actually a moment today where i thought he was the spitting image of a young Cunners. It was on the half forward flank and he faked a handball and everyone just moved away from him as he stood still, all while holding a pose that was very reminiscent of Cunnington.

I'm not going to repeat the same accolades that even blind freddy can see but, and i'm well aware of going the early crow, are we seeing the next captain of North?

Jy/Luke are going to hold the mantle for minimum of the next 5 yeaers and probably longer but that only puts Warlord at 23/24 which is actually a perfect time to be taking over. Just a thought and a lot of water to go under the bridge but watching him play makes the others lift their games noticably. Thats a rare trait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back