Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dempsey forgot to thank Hugh greenwood in his speech

Brother Tas Lewis Taylor also won the rising star.
Not the be all end all
The next Boomer.

LOL.

Got found out because he had neither size, pace or hardness and had zero development.

Played most of his career in Brisbane when they were shithouse (W/L of 26/86.)

The type of player that gets games because there’s no one else.

The next Boomer.

LOL.

Got found out because he had neither size, pace or hardness and had zero development.

Sadly that win-loss ratio is better than a few of our blokes. :-(

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The next Boomer.

LOL.

Knocking off Bont in the process. Disgrace! LMac finished 3rd.

George goes past Dempsey as soon as 2025.

Dempsey had a great year, not sure why all the bashing is taking place on him? He’s solidified himself in a top 4 team with a coach that prioritises winning. Credit to the man.

George is tracking great. Didn’t seem quite right after his delayed concussion which is concerning. I really hope he makes a full recovery because that can be scary.

I still would take George every day….played less games too…
Your going to be a beauty mate….glad we have you.

The reality is he plays in a significantly better team and is under a lot less pressure than Wardlaw, regardless, you just can't compare apples to oranges and I don't think people should take shots at the Geelong kid because they aren't happy George didn't win. I thought he had a terrific season.

I think for George, something happened post concussion, he wasn't the same kind of player when he came back and I think it was the main reason he was overlooked, I think he would have been a better shot for the award had ne not returned because his footy up until that point was great.

Regardless, the award is one of the more meaningless ones out there.

As much as it was nice for Harry last year reality is that RS is nonsense like most of these awards.

Wardlaw set for a huge year next year.
Y1 little pre seasons and managing hamstrings.
Y2 got through pre season and no masive injury issues.
Y3 should be an epic pre season and unleash the weaponry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as it was nice for Harry last year reality is that RS is nonsense like most of these awards.

Wardlaw set for a huge year next year.
Y1 little pre seasons and managing hamstrings.
Y2 got through pre season and no masive injury issues.
Y3 should be an epic pre season and unleash the weaponry.
Rocket Thumbs Up GIF

Um 🤔🤔
Not sure where you’re coming from in regards to original post…but we move on…
You suggested, given the choice today, you’d take George over Dempsey.. I’m saying George’s talent and ceiling is clearly that much higher that even Dempseys own club would choose George given the choice…

Not that complex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - The Warlord/ The Boss - out vs RFC w/ delayed concussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back