Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Who will win?

• Essendon < 10 pts

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Essendon 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Essendon > 30 pts

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Greater Western Sydney < 10 pts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greater Western Sydney 10 - 30 pts

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Greater Western Sydney > 30 pts

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good lad Gill finally realising we’ve been shafted 8 pts this year.

So we got the 4pts from Anzac Day back, hopefully we can expect the Sydney 4pts to arrive at some stage as well.

Next week would be good timing....

Just a question... something I've been thinking about since this game ended...

Why haven't they put Hooker up forward earlier? He was the one that basically won them the game, and they look very dangerous with him in that part of the ground. He was playing forward a couple of years ago and played really well. They have had problems scoring all season, and I feel that if they had of tried something like this earlier in the season, they could have won a few of those close games they lost..?

Valid point, nice to see something game related rather than the usual trolling (don’t mean you). To answer I’d say that Worsfold has been loathe to change too much, and up until now I imagine they didn’t want to weaken the back six, who have been our strength. It was really forced on him by Bellchambers being injured so whether he’d have made the change without that is an intriguing thought. I’d say we may see more of it moving forward, though Ambrose’s injury may mean he has to stay back.

Hahahahahahaha

Hahahahahahaha

Collingwood got a massive run against us in the last quarter. At least we acknowledge the rub of the green we got because it’s unusual for us to get it. An isolated incident. Collingwood get favourable umpiring almost every game so I guess I can see why you’re trying to defend it.
Exaggeration. Nonsensical, charity free and goal to Baguley in the last quarter got you back into the game on Anzac Day. As for their fans behaviour, little wonder that they are the most despised supporters in the AFL.

Exaggeration. Nonsensical, charity free and goal to Baguley in the last quarter got you back into the game on Anzac Day. As for their fans behaviour, little wonder that they are the most despised supporters in the AFL.

Don’t forget the Tippa throw to Daniher who goaled, and Guelfi’s dubious in the back free kick against Grundy, who also goaled as a result.

Don’t forget the Tippa throw to Daniher who goaled, and Guelfi’s dubious in the back free kick against Grundy, who also goaled as a result.
Hush. Bomber supporters don’t want to know or acknowledge little truths like that. Doesn’t fit into their victim narrative.

Also starting to think that the AFL should alternate the teams playing the Magpies on Anzac Day.
Bombers have been pretty non competitive for quite some time now. The outcome is becoming fairly predictable.

Also their feral supporters clearly don’t know how to behave in a dignified manner on such a solemn occasion. AFL surely can’t risk similar disgusting behaviour in future years.

Giants will pull away. Like they did against us last week.

It's no disgrace to lose to the Giants though. Unless you're playing at home, under the roof in perfect conditions, and the umps have given you double amount of free kicks.
True. :thumbsu:

What a win to savour. We had 16 of the last 18 inside 50s of the match. Complete domination in the clutch, while playing a man down. Hooker is a king.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play the Kangas again in two weeks time another flogging coming there way from us haha
The Kangas are our bitches. A big win there could set us up nicely, but we have to beat Sydney first. Hopefully we put some barb wire on the goalposts this time.

Essendon and the media carried on for weeks about Rampe hopping on a post. Watch as this gets swept under the rug. **** this ******** competition.

Yeah because a finger nail touched from inconclusive blurry evidence is the same thing as Rampe climbing the post while Pears is trying to kick at goal. Sure.

Yep. The crowd definitely won a few calls tonight and it arguably cost GWS the game, but conspiracy theories are just stupid.

The people calling a fix are forgetting the Bombers were playing GWS, the golden child.

Doesn't this happen every week for West Coast, Sydney etc? Why the outrage from last nights game then? A lot of the frees paid were sloppy high tackles and holding the ball decisions. Yes, Essendon had the rub of the green after quarter time. But the free kicks were there. The issue was the consistency from the umpires, they weren't paid both ways.

Pretty interesting they chose not to review that touched when the GWS clearly protested... No reason for it not to be checked. Whether they would have reversed the decision is another question - did look like it was touched by hard to be completely conclusive.

If umpires start reviewing every goal at the request of the players it creates a precedent for players to slow the game down to catch their breath or regather etc.

Tomlinson's absolute hanger?? That was an astonishing non decision and at a crucial point of the ground. I think Bruce mumbled "huh, not paid" and that was the end of it. No replay.

And the one where GWS were paid the mark but didn't actually mark the ball? When Fastasia went on to kick the goal but then it was bizarrely brought back?

Or the one where the GWS player hit the ball out of our guys hands after a mark but wasn't paid a 50, yet Hooker had a 50 paid against him minutes earlier.

Poor decisions all round. Yes the umpiring was one sided, but weeks in week out you win some you lose some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2019 Round 15: Essendon v Greater Western Sydney, 7:20pm AEST Marvel Stadium

Back