Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's some more in-depth look at some of the contentious umpiring decisions. Somehow people seem to think we got a good deal last night despite losing the count 11-22...but but it's where they pay them and when. Well here we go:

1. The most contentious was the non-free paid against Martin when Riewoldt kicked the goal in Q2. 100% should have been a Port free kick. HOWEVER, if you go back 2 mins to the Ladhams goal from the pocket, the kick that got to him was from a mark when Lynch got taken out off the ball running to the pack. These balance themselves out - Port got a goal when they shouldn't have and so did the Tiges.

2. Woodcock x3. The staging dive. A clear HTB in the 2nd at their 50m line where he dodged 2 guys, got caught, and the ball held to him. Ump decides to ball it up for some reason. There was also a clear throw early in the 1st in their forward line. Let's also forget the Gray throw deep in the 3rd quarter in the forward line that the umpire inexplicably decided not to pay.

3. 1st quarter ruck infringement for **** knows what to Dixon. Thankfully he missed the goal but a 100kg player falling over is given a free in front of goal for nothing. Spare me.

4. Stack getting his head ripped off in the marking contest early in the last just before the Houston goal. 100% high contact. Umpire right there too. Can't believe they missed it.

5. HTB against Dusty in the last that led to the 100m penalty. Got the ball, had no prio, made an attempt, ump decided to ping him. This was one of the only ones they paid all night, just happens to be in an important position and the subsequent 100m penalty iced the game.

6. Non-50m penalty to Bolton early in the 1st. Bolton takes a mark 60 out from a Dusty kick. He then doesn't go off his line but just sidesteps a Port player who runs straight over the mark, BEFORE the ump had called play on. Ludicrous that they miss that. Clearest 50m penalty of the day (behind Caddy)

7. 1st quarter lack of ruck infringement to Dixon. No ruck Port the ump says...Dixon takes it out of the ruck. Ah well let's just call play on... Disgrace

8. If you listened to the woeful commentary you would have heard Eddie "get the **** off TV" McChins bleating on about a non-in the back paid to Gray deep in the 2nd. Watching the replay, the tackler (Ross) tackles Gray to the ground (Gray as he is prone to do flops forward onto his stomach), yet Ross's entire body is on the side of Gray, on the ground. Only his arms are in Gray's back. This is textbook how to tackle someone who is already going to ground. Free kick was paid for HTB (which was correct cause Gray had prior opportunity and didn't dispose of it), yet McChins was still going on about it a quarter later.

These are just from my memories of the match. That's how clear some of the stuck out. I'm sure there were other important ones I've missed - and let me know so I can evaluate those.

Loool

Not making exuses mate Port a top of the ladder and let's see when we get those players back what they can do there the facts were under manned.

Port were missing best 22 too, don’t be such a salty loser.

Nah that would be the real downhill skier in Mr. De Goey

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is that the best you have? Is that meant to wind me up or upset me or something? Statistics show that time and again Martin is no where to be found when Richmond need him. His best football is played when the Tigers are 4 goals up. There has never been a more over rated player in the history of the game.

I'd might have something to do with the fact that your supporters act like utter *****, win or lose.
I think you should consider self-deleting zero content, blanket abusive posts like this. Ruins the site for people who want to talk footy, irrespective of who they support. You may be retaliating but you are just adding to the problem.

Moving on.

Weirdly Charlie Dixon appeared in my dreams last night! I can't really remember it but he definitely made an appearance.
I wonder if poor Noah Balta slept well? :D:p

Here's some more in-depth look at some of the contentious umpiring decisions. Somehow people seem to think we got a good deal last night despite losing the count 11-22...but but it's where they pay them and when. Well here we go:

1. The most contentious was the non-free paid against Martin when Riewoldt kicked the goal in Q2. 100% should have been a Port free kick. HOWEVER, if you go back 2 mins to the Ladhams goal from the pocket, the kick that got to him was from a mark when Lynch got taken out off the ball running to the pack. These balance themselves out - Port got a goal when they shouldn't have and so did the Tiges.

2. Woodcock x3. The staging dive. A clear HTB in the 2nd at their 50m line where he dodged 2 guys, got caught, and the ball held to him. Ump decides to ball it up for some reason. There was also a clear throw early in the 1st in their forward line. Let's also forget the Gray throw deep in the 3rd quarter in the forward line that the umpire inexplicably decided not to pay.

3. 1st quarter ruck infringement for fu** knows what to Dixon. Thankfully he missed the goal but a 100kg player falling over is given a free in front of goal for nothing. Spare me.

4. Stack getting his head ripped off in the marking contest early in the last just before the Houston goal. 100% high contact. Umpire right there too. Can't believe they missed it.

5. HTB against Dusty in the last that led to the 100m penalty. Got the ball, had no prio, made an attempt, ump decided to ping him. This was one of the only ones they paid all night, just happens to be in an important position and the subsequent 100m penalty iced the game.

6. Non-50m penalty to Bolton early in the 1st. Bolton takes a mark 60 out from a Dusty kick. He then doesn't go off his line but just sidesteps a Port player who runs straight over the mark, BEFORE the ump had called play on. Ludicrous that they miss that. Clearest 50m penalty of the day (behind Caddy)

7. 1st quarter lack of ruck infringement to Dixon. No ruck Port the ump says...Dixon takes it out of the ruck. Ah well let's just call play on... Disgrace

8. If you listened to the woeful commentary you would have heard Eddie "get the fu** off TV" McChins bleating on about a non-in the back paid to Gray deep in the 2nd. Watching the replay, the tackler (Ross) tackles Gray to the ground (Gray as he is prone to do flops forward onto his stomach), yet Ross's entire body is on the side of Gray, on the ground. Only his arms are in Gray's back. This is textbook how to tackle someone who is already going to ground. Free kick was paid for HTB (which was correct cause Gray had prior opportunity and didn't dispose of it), yet McChins was still going on about it a quarter later.

These are just from my memories of the match. That's how clear some of the stuck out. I'm sure there were other important ones I've missed - and let me know so I can evaluate those.
Admire your ability to provide a truly balanced assessment...

I agree Port were absolutely ferocious, just really happy to be in it in the last quarter given the circumstances.

Makes the GC game next week absolutely must-win, I rate GC too, I thought they looked really good last game. I think we can safely say that top 4 chances are gone in any case, with Geelong and WC still to play.
You (ie Tiger fans) were saying something similar last year and secured top 4. Win 2 of those 3 and you'll be safe I suggest.

Where I think Tigers aren't as effective since the restart has been in clearances. Some of your small forwards- Rioli and Castagna- seem to be finding it hard to make an impact.

Agree also on impact of senior players being out. Edwards, Cotchin and Houli not only provide leadership but seem calm and stable presences when games are up for grabs

Is that the best you have? Is that meant to wind me up or upset me or something? Statistics show that time and again Martin is no where to be found when Richmond need him. His best football is played when the Tigers are 4 goals up. There has never been a more over rated player in the history of the game.
For years now Collingwood supporters have been trying to derail Richmond game day threads with your salty melts. I never bother with Collingwood game day threads. I mean, as a non Collingwood supporter why would I be interested? I think the reason you lot are so obsessed with us is that we've been the best team in the comp for a few years, and have easily overtaken you as the biggest club in the AFL.

Who cares, Richmond will spank your arses when it counts.. finals. They make it count when it matters, while other teams struggle to do that in big games.

Move on it's a season game, worry about how your team can consitently produce that level of intensity, because we all know Richmond can and Port is a sometimes team.

Richmond came off a 4 day break after beating Brisbane, travelled and had big outs. You beat them by 21, nothing to boast about.

I'd rather be a sometimes team than a never winning team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years now Collingwood supporters have been trying to derail Richmond game day threads with your salty melts. I never bother with Collingwood game day threads. I mean, as a non Collingwood supporter why would I be interested? I think the reason you lot are so obsessed with us is that we've been the best team in the comp for a few years, and have easily overtaken you as the biggest club in the AFL.

I love a good Sunday morning laugh. You are an amusing bunch at Tigerland. I was tagged into his by one of your Tiger friends so nice try. The Collingwood obsession from our pathetic little neighbours is so deep that Richmond supporters tag us into their game day threads. It’s a beautiful thing watching the predators from Tigerland destruct.

3. 1st quarter ruck infringement for fu** knows what to Dixon. Thankfully he missed the goal but a 100kg player falling over is given a free in front of goal for nothing. Spare me.

8. If you listened to the woeful commentary you would have heard Eddie "get the fu** off TV" McChins bleating on about a non-in the back paid to Gray deep in the 2nd. Watching the replay, the tackler (Ross) tackles Gray to the ground (Gray as he is prone to do flops forward onto his stomach), yet Ross's entire body is on the side of Gray, on the ground. Only his arms are in Gray's back. This is textbook how to tackle someone who is already going to ground. Free kick was paid for HTB (which was correct cause Gray had prior opportunity and didn't dispose of it), yet McChins was still going on about it a quarter later.

You might want to tell Dimma. He wants Richmond to be more disciplined and stop being really poor at giving away free kicks.

yes Port had 6 players who are starting 22 for us out for 836 game experience... this comprises of:-
Rozee - 32, Marshall - 28, Burton - 67, Ebo - 254, Motlop -177, Hoff - 278 (and Mayes -105 & Bonners - 47 who are not starting 22 but who have played this year)

what i find interesting is that Richmond with 6 premiership players (& AA) out.... couldn't get their replacements to play better (and give them an advantage compared to Ports 6 replacements who have played 164 games total - this is from:-
Georgiadies 5 games, Lienart 16 games, Farrell 20 games, Woodcock 2 games, Ladhams 10 games & Sutcliffe 111 games
I dont mind the rest, but is that the same Westhoff who has been out of form and was just dropped? Theres a bit of mayo adding him there.

I think our back up players have been good all year, but like all young/inexperienced players they are going to have ups and downs. Tonight in challenging circumstances they had a down, they arent going to perform every week and neither will Port Adelaide's every week, but as it would have it, last night was the one they didn't perform to their best for the Tiges.

100% spot on... 22 frees to us 11 is essentially handing a tight game like that to Port and they are cheering like they beat our full-strength side when in fact the scraped past one of the youngest AFL lists playing right now.

Go rewatch the first quarter before crying about free kicks. 8-2 our way and not one wasn’t justified. If free kicks are there and obvious there’s no point whinging.

Cotchin (C), Prestia (b&f), Houli (AA), Astbury, Edwards (AA), Nankervis.

Massive outs, our midfield was absolutely smashed; put Cotchin, Prestia & Edwards back in the midfield, put Astbury & Houli back in defence & Nankervis in ruck, craps all over Soldo around the ground, the amount we improve is huge.

Those players good enough for you?

On SM-N950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Leaving players out for management doesn't count sorry.
6 players is closer to a quarter not a third, but yeah whatever.
Also worried about state of the list when rookie listed players are the replacements rather than the remainder of your main list.

Richmond will come back hard, no doubt, but there are some q marks over the list surely....

then we go 0-8 free kicks to start the game with some nuts decisions, and Port thusly getting out to a lead they eventually won by.

Go buy some tissues. Every single one of those 8 frees was there ... rewatch it. I challenge you to call out one that wasn’t.... or ‘nuts’. Commentators were pretty clear on that- and even called out a blatant kiss to port.

Ignore the free kicks, you were smashed in centre breaks, inside 50, scoring shots, disposals, clearances, time in possession. If you had one that game it would have been daylight robbery.

I dont mind the rest, but is that the same Westhoff who has been out of form and was just dropped? Theres a bit of mayo adding him there.

I think our back up players have been good all year, but like all young/inexperienced players they are going to have ups and downs. Tonight in challenging circumstances they had a down, they arent going to perform every week and neither will Port Adelaide's every week, but as it would have it, last night was the one they didn't perform to their best for the Tiges.
Cotchin dropped, or rested?
Maybe Ken chose to rest our older brigade because we had an in form replacement, and wanted to attack your weakness in ruck.
Or maybe we are all just rattling each others chains?

You really need to learn the rules and watch the game closer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Back