Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The only thing Richmond beat us at is being sex offenders, particularly towards black refugees. Reiwoldt hadn't sexually offended for an entire 2 hours and felt the urge to punch Tom Jonas in the balls. Very concerning stuff.

So in conclusion, Richmond had some genuine talent missing of a higher calibre than those missing from Port’s side. That said, the score line flattered Richmond because Port categorically dominated and buy for some errant kicking, should’ve won by 8 goals.

You forgot that Richmond had to travel and play off a 2 day break, unfair to the champion team who only have had 5 games in a row in Melbourne this year instead of the usual Baker's Dozen

All I am reading from the majority of Tiger supporters is excuses. - 6 players missing ( port also missing first choice players ) free kick count ( same every week with Richmond because of their game style - stated by Hardwick ) 4 day break ( port only had 5 and 3rd game in 10) at AO ( poor souls haven’t been able to play every week at MCG, get used to it because no games there this year ). Beaten by the better side on the night, move along. Sure Richmond are the reigning premiers but even the most stoic supporter has to agree that they are a shadow of last years side. I would be more concerned at actually making finals, not guaranteed and not becoming the tigers of old and finishing 9th.

Go buy some tissues. Every single one of those 8 frees was there ... rewatch it. I challenge you to call out one that wasn’t.... or ‘nuts’. Commentators were pretty clear on that- and even called out a blatant kiss to port.

Ignore the free kicks, you were smashed in centre breaks, inside 50, scoring shots, disposals, clearances, time in possession. If you had one that game it would have been daylight robbery.

since you asked, one egregious example, though I don't really like re-posting because I'm sure the young bloke regrets, but he will cut this out of his game and move on. Acknowledgement to Roksman.

in hindsight, gotta laugh actually, so hammed up I can't believe the ump fell for it :D

Cotchin, Edwards, Houli, Prestia would be in our top 8 players no doubt. Their replacements while all promising are still very raw and all have under 30 games experience. The difference between the players you have as replacements compared to who you have out is nowhere near as great. You are talking about a Brownlow 2 time winning premiership captain in Cotchin, all Australians in Houli and Edwards, best and fairest winner in a premiership year in Prestia and 2 time premiership winning ruckman and key defender in Nankervis and Astbury. To even compare them to any of your outs is delusional.
I did say I thought Ports win was a great one and their pressure was elite however I’d still be confident we’d have your measure if we meet again with a full contingent.
Nankervis and Asbury are very much borderline improvements to the side over Chol/Soldo and Balta and would add little to the side

All I am reading from the majority of Tiger supporters is excuses. - 6 players missing ( port also missing first choice players ) free kick count ( same every week with Richmond because of their game style - stated by Hardwick ) 4 day break ( port only had 5 and 3rd game in 10) at AO ( poor souls haven’t been able to play every week at MCG, get used to it because no games there this year ). Beaten by the better side on the night, move along. Sure Richmond are the reigning premiers but even the most stoic supporter has to agree that they are a shadow of last years side. I would be more concerned at actually making finals, not guaranteed and not becoming the tigers of old and finishing 9th.
Ohhh those are strong words, I’ll be sure to come back and remind you of them when the real stuff matters. Enjoy your August premiership.

since you asked, one egregious example, though I don't really like re-posting because I'm sure the young bloke regrets, but he will cut this out of his game and move on. Acknowledgement to Roksman.

in hindsight, gotta laugh actually, so hammed up I can't believe the ump fell for it :D

Not a great look for a second game player but he'll probably get pulled up on it. Not one of the worst I've ever seen though.

Still, I'd rather one of our guys do that than push guys dangerously into marking contests (free kick Riewoldt LOL) or wack guys in the nuts for no good reason. Those sorts of dog acts need to be stamped out.

We got one suspect free kick, your team could have caused serious harm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great look for a second game player but he'll probably get pulled up on it. Not one of the worst I've ever seen though.

Still, I'd rather one of our guys do that than push guys dangerously into marking contests (free kick Riewoldt LOL) or wack guys in the nuts for no good reason. Those sorts of dog acts need to be stamped out.

Richmond are the masters at the discrete push in the back, whether it be in the forward line or backline.

The umpires rarely pay it, and they know it, so they use it to their advantage.

Nankervis and Asbury are very much borderline improvements to the side over Chol/Soldo and Balta and would add little to the side
Balta is a 21 year old kid who was out of his depth against Dixon, Astbury provides a much better contest there. Nankervis is a bull who provides much more around the ground than the still green chol and Soldo.

Look like his vertical leap is now at about 28 cms. Just can't get off the ground. Will be interesting to see if Colman Jones can push him out of the side or maybe Bolta when Asbury gets back.
He's had some big leaps in the last few games, I dont think that's an issue. He was never fast so he will struggle a bit getting even slower. The footy smarts will see him stick around a bit longer I'd say. The plan would be for CCJ to takeover, not sure he'll be too pleased having to wait another year or two though. The emergence of chol as a legit 2nd ruck hasnt helped his cause.

Balta wont move from CHB. He's effectively taken rances spot.

Richmond are the masters at the discrete push in the back, whether it be in the forward line or backline.

The umpires rarely pay it, and they know it, so they use it to their advantage.
Fadge you are the master of going missing while the pies are losing and tigers winning. You resurface at the first sniff of a tigers loss, like a rat coming up from the sewer.

yeah we got lucky ones too, as everyone does, this was just answering a 'they were all 100% there' post.

I hope all Port fans can have a laugh at that one and say 'we got away with one there' :)

All of a sudden Port have our measure according to Port fans?
As has been said by a few of our supporters, bringing back Nankervis Cotchin, Prestia and Edwards might just make a slight difference to centre clearances? Surely even Port fans can see they won't have the dominance they held last night? Cotchin in particular brings that tackling intensity required in the guts.
And that's not a knock on Port, they were absolutely fantastic last night and could/should have won by more. But, it's a marathon, not a sprint. Hardwick and co will go to work on what happened to cause the result last night and there will be changes made to the way Richmond plays Port next time, no doubt. He's shown that over the last three years in particular where we have not generally lost twice to the same team in a season. And if all finals are played in Qld, there goes the AO advantage?
But well done Port, played fantastic footy and it's up to them to keep that intensity going now, particularly come finals time. Enjoyed the game immensely, except for the Tigers losing👎, but both sides played a very watchable brand of footy. Hopefully Longmire was watching😂
I don't think we're saying we have your measure, but claiming the reverse still applies after last night result is the delusional bit.

yeah we got lucky ones too, as everyone does, this was just answering a 'they were all 100% there' post.

I hope all Port fans can have a laugh at that one and say 'we got away with one there' :)

But surely you understand that not all free kicks are created equal? Saying "we got lucky ones" fails to acknowledge that they were gift wrapped goals.

Woodcock played it up and should be embarrassed watching that vision, but the free was clearly there. Obvious head high contact. Woodcock putting a bit of mayo (or a whole jar of mayo) on it doesn't make the free kick incorrect.

I love a good Sunday morning laugh. You are an amusing bunch at Tigerland. I was tagged into his by one of your Tiger friends so nice try. The Collingwood obsession from our pathetic little neighbours is so deep that Richmond supporters tag us into their game day threads. It’s a beautiful thing watching the predators from Tigerland destruct.
You sound very bitter.
Understandable I spose.

That's pretty bad. To get pushed one way and go the other is incredible. Though the umpire that fell for it should be more embarrased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Port v Tigers Sat August 8th 4:35 pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Back