AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good seeing a couple of ‘smaller’ clubs in the grand final. Both played their best games of the season in the PF’s, great footy to watch. Should be a fast, entertaining game with the team making the least mistakes winning as both are brilliant on the rebound. Melbourne for me as every footy fan deserves to see at least one premiership in their lifetime.

From round 3 through to round 23 one of these teams was sitting on top of the ladder swapping at various stages through the year. Best 2 teams across the year are in it, this is a 50/50 game.

Why is there a bye? What is the point of it?
One factor could be that Dogs need to do 7 days in hotel quarantine, which means they wouldn't be able to take the field. Not sure the Government was going to waive that at the AFL's request.

I don't know who will win, but I'm expecting a blow out!
Agree. Bulldogs by 30-45. They just have so many influential and impactful midfielders. They are essentially a team of midfielders. They cover the ground so well and use the ball so competently. Beverage has mirrored Hawthorn in that he has a team of pure footballers. They’ll be hard to stop. We will keep up for 2.5 quarters but they’ll blow it away.

The Dees look a better balanced, more complete side and the zone system is almost impossible to crack. The Dogs have an incredible midfield and will need to win centre clearances and stoppages to give their forwards chances one on one.

This contest is one of an irresistible force versus an immovable object.

Agree. Bulldogs by 30-45. They just have so many influential and impactful midfielders. They are essentially a team of midfielders. They cover the ground so well and use the ball so competently. Beverage has mirrored Hawthorn in that he has a team of pure footballers. They’ll be hard to stop. We will keep up for 2.5 quarters but they’ll blow it away.
Have you ever backed Melbourne to win a game mate?

A sibling (now disowned) has planned their wedding for that day. :(
I really don’t understand how this happens, Are weddings cheaper during September because of finals? A friend of mine went to a wedding in March on the day of our R1 game where the groom was a Dees fan, and had to keep updating him on the score.

Only two teams at their best that make me nervous going into a match are Richmond and current Melbourne.

Hope we will win since we are a different team with a competent ruck playing but Melbourne will not go down without a fight. Both teams are set to compete for a few years.

Bob Murphy for the Dogs now that he was just relocated over here? I can't think of any of person over here with a Footscray connection.
Former Footscray Reserves player Dennis Commetti? If he's lucid that day, 1985 Brownlow medal winner Brad Hardie?
Daniel Southern can be ruled out as it's hard to get anything out of his arms.

Bobby hasn't moved yet IIRC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only two teams at their best that make me nervous going into a match are Richmond and current Melbourne.

Hope we will win since we are a different team with a competent ruck playing but Melbourne will not go down without a fight. Both teams are set to compete for a few years.
Potentially new born rivalry unfolding on front of our eyes.

I really don’t understand how this happens, Are weddings cheaper during September because of finals? A friend of mine went to a wedding in March on the day of our R1 game where the groom was a Dees fan, and had to keep updating him on the score.
NRL country.

Jumping on the Dees wagon, they were phenomenal on Friday night, brilliant atmosphere for the Prelim at Optus and hopefully the same in a fortnight's time. Would love to have the opportunity to go if a Dees member/AFL Silver member can't attend and would happily share their code. Hopefully our state does the occasion justice and put on a great show for our friends in the east doing it tough, fingers crossed we're back to an MCG day Grand Final in 2022!

Hasn’t Danny southern found religion?
Moved to Egypt and became a tour guide, converted to Islam (oddly for a bloke who liked a beer), raised a family there before coming home.

During his playing days he kept a shark in his bathtub for a while and had a pittbull named Pentridge. Certainly wasn't a cliched footballer.

Jumping on the Dees wagon, they were phenomenal on Friday night, brilliant atmosphere for the Prelim at Optus and hopefully the same in a fortnight's time. Would love to have the opportunity to go if a Dees member/AFL Silver member can't attend and would happily share their code. Hopefully our state does the occasion justice and put on a great show for our friends in the east doing it tough, fingers crossed we're back to an MCG day Grand Final in 2022!

Should be extra tickets now with Port knocked out.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Back