Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 13th 3:20pm EST (MCG) The Big Freeze is Back! 🥶

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Pies now 4-3 against top 8 sides from the first 13 games and the best formed side against other top 8 sides.

Unbelievable when you think about it. 1, 7 of our 13 have been against other top 8 sides and 2, that we’ve won the most considering this was meant to be a development year for the Pies.
I agree, super impressive, so how do you view Buckley's legacy seeing this?

Were the last few years 'wasted years' where the club under McGuire just couldn't shoot Bambi?

Or is this Buckley's plans and development coming to fruition, just under another coach?

west coast eagles GIF by AFL
Sheed might have to elope to the Dockers before the Grand Final for the Pies to be stopped this year.

I knew McRae was going to be a good senior coach, changed our VFL program went bad as he left.
McRae inspires his players to play to height of their capabilities quite often. The way Collingwood ran over the top of Melbourne in the last quarter is exactly what our VFL team used to do under him.

Coaching staff have started well.

Quaynor, Henry and both Daicos boys are good. Murphy shows signs.

Two years time unlikely to have Pendlebury, Howe, Mihocek, Sidebottom and Elliott.

Murphy has surprised me this yr.. thought he was cactus man.

There's a fine line between stupidity and courage though. He goes all the time.. gotta learn to chillax a bit and that mate.

Last edited:
BOG could’ve gone to anyone of -

Cox - 21 possessions, 8 marks, 1 goal. Taking crucial marks in that third quarter when the game was on the line.

Mihocek - 4 goals, 16 possessions, 10 marks. Huge for us across all 4 quarters and the most clinical forward on the day.

Nick Daicos - 33 possessions, 6 marks, 3 clearances and 9 intercepts. For a first year player, he dictates play and sets up offensive attacks with amazing awareness.

Last edited:
Coaching staff have started well.

Quaynor, Henry and both Daicos boys are good. Murphy shows signs.

Two years time unlikely to have Pendlebury, Howe, Mihocek, Sidebottom and Elliott.
What’s completely changed this year is that it’s hard to pick a clear BOG for us each week. Losing those guys you named would’ve been devastating for us in yesteryears, but not so much now.

Even spread of contributors and exciting prospects across every line that are impacting games already.

Were the last few years 'wasted years' where the club under McGuire just couldn't shoot Bambi?

Or is this Buckley's plans and development coming to fruition, just under another coach?
Totally different game style under Fly. So not sure Bucks can take too much credit for sides form in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley got us a bee’s dick away from a premiership in 2018 then a bee’s dick away from a GF in 2019 with a much worst forward line playing this sort of game plan. Absolutely no idea why we reverted back to the boring, methodical style in 2020 and 2021.

McRae is currently playing with Buckley’s toys now, but in his own right, is looking like he’ll be a very good senior coach too.

I don’t think it has to be one of those ‘Buckley was a shit coach’ scenarios - he did a bloody good job considering.

Dang lot of overreacting I think, couldn't wish success on anyone XD
We were real average for a while after Rance and a few others went down, and Melbourne get May back next week! They'll 'recover' from this fine imo.

BOG could’ve gone to anyone of -

Cox - 21 possessions, 8 marks, 1 goal. Taking crucial marks in that third quarter when the game was on the line.

Mihocek - 4 goals, 16 possessions, 10 marks. Huge for us across all 4 quarters and the most clinical forward on the day.

Nick Daicos - 33 possessions, 6 marks, 3 clearances and 9 intercepts. For a first year player, he dictates play and sets up offensive attacks with amazing awareness.
If we had a decent tall on the bench Cox would have been dragged at half time.

Fine third quarter, but that gets you the vegetable tray not BOG.

If we had a decent tall on the bench Cox would have been dragged at half time.

Fine third quarter, but that gets you the vegetable tray not BOG.
You have to judge them on 4 quarters though.

Would’ve been a lot easier for him to go into his shell and contribute zilch in the second half. Was a big reason we kept them to 3 goals in that second half.

Dang lot of overreacting I think, couldn't wish success on anyone XD
We were real average for a while after Rance and a few others went down, and Melbourne get May back next week! They'll 'recover' from this fine imo.

I didn't realise May ran through the midfield and also kicks 5 goals a game. Melbourne have midfield and forward line concerns that won't be fixed with Mays return.

I didn't realise May ran through the midfield and also kicks 5 goals a game. Melbourne have midfield and forward line concerns that won't be fixed with Mays return.
People forget we had the same scoring issues this time last year too

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 13 - Pies v Demons Mon June 13th 3:20pm EST (MCG) The Big Freeze is Back! 🥶

Back