Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How many behinds did the Saints kick? That was a very lucky win.

I think Port are not very good. Bulldogs defence today was abysmal. I think most teams wouls have beaten Dog tonigjt.

How many points did we kick? Yes mate. The wins against undermanned opposition don't count. The close losses while undermanned against top 8 sides and away from home do count. Wins against bad sides don't count. Wins against top 4 sides don't count. Wins minus your best KPF, small forward, ruck, 2nd best KPD, and a host of other players don't count because the opposition had players missing.

I did address this earlier in the thread, but he rolled an ankle in round one, hurt a shoulder in round two and hasn't been himself since, he's been putting his hand up to play each week but we were coming off a 5 day break and were travelling, I assume he just wasn't right.

Don't really think it's an issue to be honest, in the form he was in he wasn't the difference tonight.
we did this to cripps for 18 months. just get your superstar right and reload. no point letting him play at 50%

Both teams kicked poorly. Did you leave that fact out deliberately?
Saint Kildas kicked much more poorly. Was it six or more scoring shots at three quarter time? Game should have been over by then.
Max King really stunk it up in front of goal.

How many points did we kick? Yes mate. The wins against undermanned opposition don't count. The close losses while undermanned against top 8 sides and away from home do count. Wins against bad sides don't count. Wins against top 4 sides don't count. Wins minus your best KPF, small forward, ruck, 2nd best KPD, and a host of other players don't count because the opposition had players missing.
You are very sensitive.

I never said that wins against shit teams don’t count.

Melbourne have seven wins against shit teams this year, and it’s nice. Very lucky we played Ports without it’s best KPF, small forward, ruck, 2nd best KPD, and a host of other players. Otherwise you might have kicked a goal in that first half, lol!!!!

Saint Kildas kicked much more poorly. Was it six or more scoring shots at three quarter time? Game should have been over by then.

Stats sheet says St Kilda kicked 14 points to our 11, the rest were rushed. We kicked 1 oof and didn't make the distance from 40m out. We also missed 4-5 very gettable shots. For someone who has Port Listed as their 'other' team, you have gone a long way to make up reasons why we are//have been worse than we actually are. You should probably drop the Port label, we don't want you.

You are very sensitive.

I never said that wins against shit teams don’t count.

Melbourne have seven wins against shit teams this year, and it’s nice. Very lucky we played Ports without it’s best KPF, small forward, ruck, 2nd best KPD, and a host of other players. Otherwise you might have kicked a goal in that first half, lol!!!!

This is all very nice, but its getting a bit late and I was going to enquire with Mrs Prisonbars about her interest in sexytime. I'll assume that the answer to my previous question is yes you are trying to add to the evidence of Melbourne having the most dickheads amongst its supporter base than any other team. You can assume that my response to any of your follow up posts would have been to point out that you are a knob, and to make other insults about you and your supporter base. Have a lovely evening.

Nice to see the two VFL teams go down. Good start to the weekend. I also wonder whether "Cody Worthington" comments about playing for frees as a skill has come to bite the Dogs.

Last edited:
Is he out with a broken collarbone? Good, he's a blight on the game, just like his team that plays for frees constantly and stupid umps that get sucked into paying them.

I don't wish injury on any player, but I agree he is a blight on the game.

Law mate. I'm just wondering do you think you're winning the argument? You jumped in to a comment where one of your supporters was potting the reigning best player in the comp who a) is averaging 29 odd touches (said he can't get the ball) and b) has had heart problems for half of his games. You come to his defence by pointing out that you have won one premiership in 58 years not 70 (sorry that I don't care enough to actually check) and some other pedantry about punctuation on a Friday night football game (again I don't care). Do you actually have anything useful to point out or are you content to add to the growing evidence that despite, being one of the smallest supporter bases, you have the biggest number of dickheads. Richmond and Hawthorn supporters at least took 2-3 flags to become a bunch of total flogs.
Reigning best player in the comp 🤣

The Bulldogs key defensive stocks are looking like a real problem. Wonder if it's time to give JUH a crack back there. Naughton seems like the only other option (potentially Khamis), but you don't want to fix your backline issues via your best forward.

Nice to see the two VFL teams go down. Good start to the weekend. I also wonder whether "Cody Worthington" comments about playing for frees as a skill has come to bite the Dogs.
The whole club plays for frees. Bevo hysteria at pressers is the equivalent of playing for frees. It's a club culture persecution problem.

I think it's fine though, it'll keep hobbling them as it has been to date.

For someone who has Port Listed as their 'other' team, you have gone a long way to make up reasons why we are//have been worse than we actually are. You should probably drop the Port label, we don't want you.
I changed Port as my other team a while ago? But I’m very happy you noticed it.
I love Port stil tho, I always will. I love the INXS song and how feral your fans are. I love when they do the scarf-waving! So much gusto!

I was going to enquire with Mrs Prisonbars about her interest in sexytime.
Very kind of you to keep the Mrs waiting on my behalf. How was she?

So you have 1 AFL flag and one of any kind in the last 58 years? Can I blow you? Ollie Wines has 1 Brownlow Medal, an award he won with the equal most votes on record, making him the reigning best player in the competition, that's a fact. I said Phd, not Masters, albeit I have 1 of those as well. If you're going to be a pedant and try to act smarter than you are, I would expect you to know the difference. The fact that you don't makes you look foolish.
Didn’t realise the Ponds Institute was running a Doctorate program now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs supporters complaining about free kicks. What an oxymoron. You guys are just not playing better than Port. There is no conspiracy.
Oh I agree, our defence was hopeless tonight, particularly after we lost Obrien, Cordy should have swung back right then, we were way too short, then Gards had to play out the game hardly able to run. We lost that game ourselves, unps didnt win it, they rarely do but it was truly horrible umpiring.

We didnt deserve to win but the umpiring really was horrible. Seemingly 2 different sets of rules at play, all night. And brand new interpretations on a bunch of rules.

But no, we didnt deserve to win.

The Bulldogs key defensive stocks are looking like a real problem. Wonder if it's time to give JUH a crack back there. Naughton seems like the only other option (potentially Khamis), but you don't want to fix your backline issues via your best forward.
Correct. 100% correct.

This is where our lack of recruiting a KPD and Ruck are coming to bite is big time. Its been a very common thread on the dogs board. We know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 8 - Port v Dogs Fri May 6th 7:30pm EST (AO)

Back