Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Cats v Hawks Sat July 6th 4:35pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You cannot hit a player high no matter what. If your elbow or hand or anything of such nature cops a player high, it’s a free kick. He elbowed him in the back of the head and left him gushing blood..
That is just inaccurate, how many times has a player copped a knee to the back of the head in a marking contest.

Kolo was running forward with eyes on the ball and went up for a mark, Lewis was running backwards with the flight.

It is a reasonable football act, Kolo is allowed to contest the mark.

I’m sure you’ll disagree and your welcome to do so, but the simple fact is this is not based on opinions, you’re just wrong.

It’s nothing more than an unfortunate accident of a contact sport.

That is just inaccurate, how many times has a player copped a knee to the back of the head in a marking contest.

Kolo was running forward with eyes on the ball and went up for a mark, Lewis was running backwards with the flight.

It is a reasonable football act, Kolo is allowed to contest the mark.

I’m sure you’ll disagree and your welcome to do so, but the simple fact is this is not based on opinions, you’re just wrong.

It’s nothing more than an unfortunate accident of a contact sport.
A knee is different to a hand or elbow and it’s always been this way. Don’t create false narratives.

A knee is different to a hand or elbow and it’s always been this way. Don’t create false narratives.
Your entire argument is a false narrative, there has always been situations were high contact is found to be reasonable.

The AFL itself releases a list of examples of cases for each offense. Within that list are examples of exceptions, which is usually contesting the ball. Kolo was contesting the ball.

IMG_4861.jpeg

Cases are judged on their own merits not blanket rules. Contact to the head is permitted under reasonable circumstances.

As a clear example here:

With the AFLs response:

"The ball is loose. Vlastuin and Dangerfield approach the ball from opposing directions,"

"Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin.

"It was the view of the MRO that Dangerfield's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken."

Kolo did nothing wrong, broke no rules and will face no punishment.

Your entire argument is a false narrative, there has always been situations were high contact is found to be reasonable.

The AFL itself releases a list of examples of cases for each offense. Within that list are examples of exceptions, which is usually contesting the ball. Kolo was contesting the ball.

View attachment 2041023

Cases are judged on their own merits not blanket rules. Contact to the head is permitted under reasonable circumstances.

As a clear example here:

With the AFLs response:

"The ball is loose. Vlastuin and Dangerfield approach the ball from opposing directions,"

"Dangerfield punches the ball and in the process makes high contact to Vlastuin.

"It was the view of the MRO that Dangerfield's actions were not unreasonable in the circumstances. No further action was taken."

Kolo did nothing wrong, broke no rules and will face no punishment.

I’ll correct myself, marking contests.

Two times the Cats have played on while an oppo player lies concussed on the ground.
#stayclassy

#SteveHockingsrulechangingCatsSENboysclub

But it helps them score when the other team is down a player.

Goal when Day was down, goal when Lewis was down.

Umpires no issue there either. But Cameron got a tiny push in the back and it got pinged.

We were the game the AFL decided to even up for For and Against a little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks tried hard but the Geelong youth was too much for them - De Koning was awesome. Bit of a much needed reality check and now Hawthorn supporters can start to look to the draft.
Hahaha, thats as good as your teams gonna play and as bad as the Hawks will. The fact that this has given Scats supporters belief that they can content puts a big smile on my face.

Hahaha, thats as good as your teams gonna play and as bad as the Hawks will. The fact that this has given Scats supporters belief that they can content puts a big smile on my face.
The fact that you got absolutely flogged puts a massive smile on mine 😃
You’re lucky we didn’t kick straight or it would have been 100.

Your pressure rating was through the roof early when we were pantsing you, as pointed out by the commentators. You simply got overwhelmed by a much better team. You guys are finding it a hard pill to swallow

But it helps them score when the other team is down a player.

Goal when Day was down, goal when Lewis was down.

Umpires no issue there either. But Cameron got a tiny push in the back and it got pinged.

We were the game the AFL decided to even up for For and Against a little.
Jesus.
You can talk. Your team won a flag from exploiting the rules. So much so that they changed the rule the following year.

2nd time we've taken the Hawks to the cleaners this year with our younger players far outperforming yours. You'd think that'd instill some humility, but guess not. All the best for the draft!

Your pressure rating was through the roof early when we were pantsing you, as pointed out by the commentators. You simply got overwhelmed by a much better team. You guys are finding it a hard pill to swallow
Mate there's no pill to swallow here. My expectations for such a young group were pretty low, however seeing how the young guys are gelling over the last 8 or so weeks has me excited but still realistic that there needs to be another preseason pumped into them. We'll rise as your falling and it will be glorious.

Back