Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Hawks v Pies Sat July 20th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Moore is Rance 2.0.
Not a man on man defender. Barass and Weitering is better than Moore. But don’t let the vic media know
Oh cmon now. I'm no Richmond lover but Rance was one of the most solid defenders of all time, comparing him to Moore is an insult.

There was a game in 2017 where Richmond played Sydney and Richmond were in the lead all game and completely gave up in the middle in the last, and Rance was a one man defending machine that game. Even with a barrage of inside 50s he kept buddy to 1.1, never seen a bloke so desperate to win every 1:1 contest. They lost by just over a goal, but without Rance they would have lost by 40.

He was constantly at or near the top of the defensive one on ones stats every year he played.

That was perfect

Hard to remember a player inflicting more humiliation, considering the Pies are premiers and playing for their season

how on earth they won that flag last year is beyond belief. i mean they won flukey incremental games building up to it, which says a lot.

the biggest accidental premiership win in the history of australian rules football.

how on earth they won that flag last year is beyond belief. i mean they won flukey incremental games building up to it, which says a lot.

the biggest accidental premiership win in the history of australian rules football.
Looking that way. This is not a dynasty team.

McRae is not backing down with his weird ‘always winning’ press conferences, you can’t say it didn’t work, since they are premiers, but the backlash against him is going to be huge if they cop a string of beltings.

Already brewing among pies fans I reckon, could be a very sweet but short time in charge.

Well I was on the Hawks train way back in the season when they weren't winning many games, said they were building something special.

As much as I've always wanted to hate the mob I've always had a begrudging respect for them and the way they don't stay down for long.

Downside is they might resume making my side their bunnies but as I say, can't help but respect them.

Looking that way. This is not a dynasty team.

McRae is not backing down with his weird ‘always winning’ press conferences, you can’t say it didn’t work, since they are premiers, but the backlash against him is going to be huge if they cop a string of beltings.

Already brewing among pies fans I reckon, could be a very sweet but short time in charge.
yeh just watched his presser and his 'keep continuing' / 'pick yourself up, dust yourself off' attitude. bless him.

yeh just watched his presser and his 'keep continuing' / 'pick yourself up, dust yourself off' attitude. bless him.
It’s just fact that you aren’t always winning, and for him to say that they were ‘just on the winning side’ even as they lost yesterday, as last years 18th smashed last years 1st by 10 goals in wet conditions …

It’s kind of mindless positivity that will get old really quick.

All IMO.

Harsh to call it an accidental win when they finished top. I'd say it was a little fortunate given they never really came close to regaining their early season form but they were exceptionally well drilled and disciplined when games were in the balance. They also had incredible (borderline cult like) belief in their method.
Pies were clearly the second best team come the end of 2022 as well so it wasn't some kind of one off flash in the pan.

Having said that they're definitely cooked now, gonna be a tough time to regenerate with compromised drafts

Well I was on the Hawks train way back in the season when they weren't winning many games, said they were building something special.

As much as I've always wanted to hate the mob I've always had a begrudging respect for them and the way they don't stay down for long.

Downside is they might resume making my side their bunnies but as I say, can't help but respect them.
Our clash later in the year is going to be extremely fun to watch I think.
Genuinely worried about it as I think the Carlton line up is a very even one for us, just a bit more experienced.

Huge next few weeks with Crows away, GWS away, and Blues probably at the MCG. Given we finish with Tigers and Roos we should win 3 and could win 4 of the 5. 4 wins probably sneaks us into the finals.

Some of your mob said youd be 10 wins ahead of us this year.

Maybe the Hawks players have different expectations for the year.

BTW do you remember the last Dons Grand Final ?
Are those Essendon people who said that in the room with you right now?

Yes I remember the last granny - went to the 2000 win and the 2001 loss. 2000 was good times, thanks for reminding me of that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Along with Freo and the Hawks, I think the Swans should be grinning. Collingwood will be paying a significant part of Grundy's salary for another three years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 19 - Hawks v Pies Sat July 20th 4:35pm AEST (MCG)

Back