News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheating over and over again and breaking the rules is also disrespectful.

Richmond may have been an embarrassment for nearly 3 decades, yet still completely and utterly embarrassed Adelaide on the biggest stage of them all. Coming in as underdogs against a side who bullied every body else. That is even more embarrassing in my opinion.
Interesting post. Maybe put it in a 2017 GF thread?

The AFL doing what it needs to do to ensure the competition can move forward (ensuring Adelaide still have enough players to field a team for the first game and not financially punishing a team that's struggling to pay the bills as it is). Let's hope this is the last of the stupid player rule breaking, we don't need another instance of this risking the competition.

Very soft after so much chest beating and tough talk from the AFL, So much for a “severe penalty for anyone who breaks the rules”, and it’s a wonder why clubs don’t take these threats by the AFL seriously.

Con Fur Maishion:

ADELAIDE assistant coach Ben Hart has been stood down by the AFL for his involvement in a breach of COVID-19 training protocols.
Hart will be banned from Crows facilities until June 22, 2020, after an AFL investigation found his breach, which involved 16 Crows players, to be "inadvertent and not done to create a competitive advantage".

The 16 players effectively escaped sanction, all receiving a suspended one-match sanction.

The investigation found: "the players had been compliant with the protocols for the majority of a two-hour training session where they had worked in pairs before separating into two larger groups of eight – one group to complete an eight-minute kicking drill, one group to complete an eight-minute running drill in pairs, before swapping.

"The kicking drill was supervised by assistant coach Ben Hart which is where the breach occurred.

"The investigation found the club had provided written and verbal instructions to players and the assistant coach to comply with the protocols in place, however the assistant coach present had accepted that his instruction was not in line with either the rules or the club’s instructions."

The 16 Crows who have received a suspended one-match sanction:

1. Kyle Hartigan
2. William Hamill
3. Ayce Taylor
4. Ben Davis
5. Lachlan Sholl
6. Jordon Butts
7. Lachlan Gollant
8. Ronin O'Connor
9. Ben Keays
10. Fischer McAsey
11. Joshua Worrell
12. William Frampton
13. Tom Doedee
14. Elliott Himmelberg
15. Myles Poholke
16. Lachlan Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you got Cotchin playing in a GF when he shouldve been rubbed out and you get to play every GF at home - being precious about the rules would change if that ever changed
"vic bias blah blah blah blah blah"

Consider yourself lucky to even be playing in the AFL. At least there is one club in Adelaide who follows the rules and is run like a proper club in the Power.

This whole thing has been hilarious especially the OTT outrage of some of the vic football media nannies 🤣
Agreed
I ignored it because it was a minor breach.
But the way the media went on about it, gave me a little bit of anxiety.
And I was afraid the AFL would cave into the media.

Thankfully they saw through the medias shit.

"vic bias blah blah blah blah blah"

Consider yourself lucky to even be playing in the AFL. At least there is one club in Adelaide who follows the rules and is run like a proper club in the Power.

Oh right yes because my club has ever had to run a grassroots campaign begging for donations to keep us afloat. if not for interstate teams the vfl was dead numpty. Short memories in tigerland

Oh right yes because my club has ever had to run a grassroots campaign begging for donations to keep us afloat. if not for interstate teams the vfl was dead numpty. Short memories in tigerland
This is completely irrelevant to the conversation. I know you may be upset, but please stick with the topic at hand.

Thank you.

...how has 'Adelaide made a mistake a training' and 'here is their punishment' become a #VICBIAS melt??

ImpressionableRecklessIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restricted.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

News AFL Investigates Adelaide Crows' alleged training breach in Barossa

Remove this Banner Ad

Back