Preview AFL Rd 3 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Sun 14/4 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't find a thread like this so i thought i'd make one.

Out: Jolly (Inj), Johnson(omit), Macaffer(omit)
In: Hudson, Fasolo, D.Thomas

I'm confident about the game but we need a 4qtr effort. We won't win if we just come blazing home in the last half again.

Fas needs another couple of games in magoos! I'd say Hudson in for jolly and Thomas in for some poor bloke that probably doesn't deserve to get omitted!

Johnson deserves to get omitted. Did you see his kicking today? 80% of them went up in the air and then down to a Carlton player.

In Hudson, D.Thomas, Paine

Out Jolly, Seedsman, Macaffer

Dont think Fas is match fit yet, or dids. Frost may also come in with the plethora of hawks talls in their forwardline. Could also see The Sack in the backline more hence Paine in as a genuine third tall forward.

Didnt think Russell was as bad as some are making out frankly.

Couldn't find a thread like this so i thought i'd make one.

Out: Jolly (Inj), Johnson(omit), Macaffer(omit)
In: Hudson, Fasolo, D.Thomas

I'm confident about the game but we need a 4qtr effort. We won't win if we just come blazing home in the last half again.

Why would Johnson and the Caff be omitted? They will stay. Only out I can see is Jolly and possibly the seeds to bring in Thomas or maybe Beams (unlikely).

I'd be dropping Siclair before Caff. Remember he has played 2 games in 2 years.

Sinkers is vital to the press. You can't get that speed and tackling pressure from any other player at the moment. Even if he does shank a few kicks he's like the Leon Davis of 2010.
Everyone was saying this about Leon: 'He's not kicking anything but we need him in due to the FORWARD PRESSURE'

Why would Johnson and the Caff be omitted? They will stay. Only out I can see is Jolly and possibly the seeds to bring in Thomas or maybe Beams (unlikely).

You're right. Seeds had a shocker, i forgot he even played.

Yeah I thought
Johnson deserves to get omitted. Did you see his kicking today? 80% of them went up in the air and then down to a Carlton player.

Yeah I thought he was ok he might struggle against the hawks next week though he's not very quick! Will be interesting to see if they give Seedsman another run! They might even give J Thomas a run for Seedsman he played well in the vfl and we need someone like him who can win a clearance!

In Hudson, D.Thomas, Paine

Out Jolly, Seedsman, Macaffer

Dont think Fas is match fit yet, or dids. Frost may also come in with the plethora of hawks talls in their forwardline. Could also see The Sack in the backline more hence Paine in as a genuine third tall forward.

Didnt think Russell was as bad as some are making out frankly.
I agree with your 'outs' but not so sure about Paine as an 'in'. He played well but we may need players with a bit of pace able to play a defensive role against Hawthorn's backs. Russell was awful in the first half but did play much better in the second half. After watching Dwyer play, I am keen to see what Martin can produce at senior level.

If we had a player to replace Sinclair I'd be happy to entertain another change.

Who plays on Buddy next Sunday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with your 'outs' but not so sure about Paine as an 'in'. He played well but we may need players with a bit of pace able to play a defensive role against Hawthorn's backs. Russell was awful in the first half but did play much better in the second half. After watching Dwyer play, I am keen to see what Martin can produce at senior level.

If we had a player to replace Sinclair I'd be happy to entertain another change.

Reid of Course, he has more mobility than Nate Brown.

Seeds had a wonky day. Johnson I would like to omit, some of his efforts are so lazy defensively, looks like he's running on parallel tracks. Russell's game was truly stupid on several occassions.

Clarke I think played well today and glad Dwyer got the nod over Thomas, was well deserved and vindicated.

Thomas a definite in and possibly Paine.

tumblr_lrhmmdjzfl1qg0rnuo1_500.jpg

A congenital heart defect, has felled Franklin, moments before entering the MCG.

think the game has sadly gone past Johnno, you'd think this has to be his last year

Thomas and Hudson definite ins, with Jols and Seedsman/Sinclair on the outs?

Out: Jolly (inj.), Johnson (omit), Seedsman (omit)

In: Hudson, D. Thomas, Fasolo (sub)

Hudson for Jolly, Daisy would offer much more than The Seed. Goldsack to move back, good match up for Gunston IMO. Elliott will get more attention next week (Guerra) so Macaffer gets lucky. With Goldsack moving back, we need a strong marking target and I'm not sure if Paine has the tank to play a full game.

Also, he has a big body and made like 6-7 tackles. He didn't do much offensively, but it helps the rotations for the other mids who are already overworked with no Beams, Ball, etc.

If Johnson was at any other club, I reckon that he'd be best 22 and able to make his own decision at the end of the year, but at the end of this year it looks likely that we're going to want to promote Dwyer, Frost, Martin and Mooney as well as creating space for a couple of draftees.

Dropping BJ begs the question of who to replace him with. I agree he looked a pale shade of himself...

Jols & Seedsman out for Hudson & Daisy...

I can see Goldsack going to defence next week to help out against the Hawks...

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 3 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Sun 14/4 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back