Preview AFL Rd 3 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Sun 14/4 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pumped, me and the Missus will be in our beloved M11 again. It looks to be a cracker of a game, if our kids can replica the spirit and drive they showed last week and our rolled gold stars can lift I think we'll be set for a ripper of a game.

This week I can see us being greatly rewarded in the risk we took on Hudson, with neither club 100% at the moment it is going to be a mixture of the players who are willing to put their body on the line and the players who can ignite the team that will win the game this week.

I think the combo of Hudson/Q with Blair will hurt the Hawks who are missing Sewell this week. I'm confidant our rucks can get it over Bailey/Roughead this week and from there its going to be all about getting first hands on the ball and getting it out cleanly.

If Daisy and Fasolo are right and back on the field its going to add some more excitement and creativity to the game and along with Elliott who is in good touch at the moment could really ignite our boys to lift in the face of adversity.

Their forward line is looking quite potent this week and with the inclusion of Gunston our back six really need to gel together this week and put forward a group effort.

My tip: Collingwood by 12 points.

If we are going to tag Mitchell then Clarke should get first crack at him. Even if we switch hit with him and Blair. Clarke would be a tight tag and Blair to run off more. Everything we have tried in the past has not worked so something different couldn't hurt. More then likely Mitchell will not care who is on him but if Clarke can cut his effective disposals down and Blair hurt him the other way when he is on him he might think twice.

Krak for sinclair when hes fit or dids?

Clint young would be handy for Russell or Benny J for this game, we look a bit shaky with our mid defenders

We may not be lucky enough to get both fit. Such a hard call. Krakouer is the better crumber and we really miss that. But Didak is the better player.

I don't think Young is competing with Russell or Benny J. Sending Young to defense would be a mistake. He's defensively poor. He's competing with Seedsman, Harry O and Thomas for a spot on the wing IMO. I'd say he is behind Harry O and Thomas in that role too.

Gone very small at selection. Dwyer, Blair, Elliot and Sinclair with Fasolo coming in means a very small forward line. Not a bad think as hawks are going very tall to try and stretch the defence so pies have said bugger it wait till the ball hits the ground and swoop. Fasolo has a big game ahead. Borderline best 22 now, may even be the sub. Seedsman slightly unlucky guy I think is very unlucky is J Thomas. I guess thou Fasolo offers more up forward and with D Thomas coming back it would be hard to fit another small midfielder in there.

Will be fascinating in the pies forward line. Hawks big players are Gibson who spoils, win contests and Birchall then run and deliver. Pies will try and pressure them.

Buddy and Cyril obviously dangerous for them yet Gunston, Lewis and Breust can easily slip in. Allows multiple avenues to goa which means their most important midfielder should be tagged. For mine that is Mitchell. I'd run Blair on him. Hale, Bailey, Roughhead and Gunston with Buddy their talls. I think one of Hale or Bailey may be a late change for a crumbing or midfielder type with Sewell out.

Could go either way but pies seem balanced and on fire so pies by 6 points for mine.

Dids WAS the better player.

I'm not convinced he is best 22 anymore.

Krak for me these days.

I don't know about that. You just can't know what Dids is capable of if he get's fit. I think he would be just as good as ever. For me the big question is whether can get fit?

I'm never been a Krakouer fan, and now with him having what can only be described as a "lazy pre season" I think he has to do something extraordinary at VFL level to earn himself a game. He was poor in the VFL last week, and must be at least 3-4 good performances away from being any chance of being promoted.

And then there's Didak, yes, he's past his best, but even now he offers a ton of a lot more than an uncommitted Krakouer.

I'd love to see Dids bought back for ANZAC day (3 games in 12 days means we need to rotate the squad over the next 3 games), and I hope Krakouer shows something eventually in the VFL, but I've almost given up on him.

I can't see how we can beat the Hawks this week. We really need more players to come back and we will have players underdone in Thomas and Fasolo who have basically had no pre season. I think the Hawks will win by 4-6 goals:(. I really hope we win, if we win this game I think there will be a lot of supporters excited about 2013.

I'm never been a Krakouer fan, and now with him having what can only be described as a "lazy pre season" I think he has to do something extraordinary at VFL level to earn himself a game. He was poor in the VFL last week, and must be at least 3-4 good performances away from being any chance of being promoted.

And then there's Didak, yes, he's past his best, but even now he offers a ton of a lot more than an uncommitted Krakouer.

I'd love to see Dids bought back for ANZAC day (3 games in 12 days means we need to rotate the squad over the next 3 games), and I hope Krakouer shows something eventually in the VFL, but I've almost given up on him.

Never been a Krakouer fan??? So you didnt rate his performaces in the 2012 QF against the Hawks or the 2011 GF? C'mon mate he's clearly our best crumbing forward hands down. In fact he's the only crumbing forward we have.

Gone very small at selection. Dwyer, Blair, Elliot and Sinclair with Fasolo coming in means a very small forward line.

Maybe the weather forecast (showers) has some input there too.

Never been a Krakouer fan??? So you didnt rate his performaces in the 2012 QF against the Hawks or the 2011 GF? C'mon mate he's clearly our best crumbing forward hands down. In fact he's the only crumbing forward we have.
Tell me again how those 2 games went?;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling you guys will win this one. We are actually not travelling that well despite the win last week, WC were severely injury-hit and ran out of legs.

I have a feeling you guys will win this one. We are actually not travelling that well despite the win last week, WC were severely injury-hit and ran out of legs.
True but on form I would have to pick Hawks as you guys actually played really well...

Hoping for the best but realistically they've had our measure and we are not at full strength (nor have we hit our straps yet).
Still, think we have a good shot. As pointed out, the match in the heat last week for the Hawks must surely play into our hands.
Expecting Daisy to get minimum 30 SC points in the first q. Feel like he could be the difference tomorrow.

See you at the game, kids!

We are every chance today but we need to step it up. The last two weeks have been well below what we can offer in my opinion. Hopefully guys like Thomas and Fasolo can offer a bit more excitement in our play. Hawks by two goals.

Control their small forwards and we go a long way to winning the game.

Mitchell not destroying us would be really nice to see as its such a rarity. He regularly destroys us!

Pretty sure we will try the Geelong model and attempt to burn them with speed through the corridor.

We need to make the most of our opportunities going forward.
We kick 15.13 against the Roos 13.9, and 17.15 against the Blues 15.10.
We've had 6 more scoring shots in both games.
I can't see the Hawks allowing us too many scoring shots today so we must make the most of them when they come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 3 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Sun 14/4 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back