Preview AFL Rd 3 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Sun 14/4 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a big season defining game IMO, if we can't get the points with them coming off a Perth trip i don't see a hell of a lot changing later in the year, we both have key outs, but!, we have beaten 2 teams who beat us last season in our 2 games to date, so far so good.

TBH, i think we're better suited to playing them at night.

I don't think the perth thing really matters at all, elite athletes early in the season will completely recover easily in 6 days. Even if we lose to the hawks in round 3, as seen in past seasons its still a long way to go before a premier is decided.

I don't think the perth thing really matters at all, elite athletes early in the season will completely recover easily in 6 days. Even if we lose to the hawks in round 3, as seen in past seasons its still a long way to go before a premier is decided.

Coming off a Perth trip certainly doesn't help, these guys ''handled'' us twice last year, as i said this will be season defining (at least for us), it will show we're on the right track, but if we get handled again............

Where do people see Fasolo's best position/role long-term?

Over the next 2-3 years on the high HF line with time in the midfield, he is a very dangerous player up forward but also deadly with ball in hand. similar to the role sidebottom/beams played when they were 20/21 years old

Over the next 2-3 years on the high HF line with time in the midfield, he is a very dangerous player up forward but also deadly with ball in hand. similar to the role sidebottom/beams played when they were 20/21 years old

You obviously have to get a balance between players that have the speed and tackling to pressure, but I'm really looking forward to the delivery inside 50 we can expect from Fas, Beamsy, Pendles etc.
Do you see a place for Dids anymore, Blaze?

Where do people see Fasolo's best position/role long-term?

Like Swan, Fas can be a tough matchup as he is very good one on one and would be a nightmare if he was isolated deep in the 50. Once he builds his tank he could take longer stints midfield. In a way he's a poor man's Dustin Martin (although at this stage Fas has arguably done more)

Like Swan, Fas can be a tough matchup as he is very good one on one and would be a nightmare if he was isolated deep in the 50. Once he builds his tank he could take longer stints midfield. In a way he's a poor man's Dustin Martin (although at this stage Fas has arguably done more)

Yep, good call - I would add Elliott to that group. All three could be great targets along with our talls.

[Not suggesting Elliott has the midfield potential that Fas has; Swan, on the other hand, looks like he might end up being a handy mid at some point :D].

You obviously have to get a balance between players that have the speed and tackling to pressure, but I'm really looking forward to the delivery inside 50 we can expect from Fas, Beamsy, Pendles etc.
Do you see a place for Dids anymore, Blaze?

I think dids could play a cameo role in 2013, but long or medium term no.

Two huge things in our favour are the fact the Hawks are playing after a game in WA which over time has proven hard to follow up and the other is that Brad Sewell is out. He is a clearance king and is very tough which frees others up. He got 26, 26 & 32 possessions against us in the 3 games we played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 times actually
In round one, you won a high-scoring shootout in which we were in front in the last quarter and consistently missed set shots for the whole night. The point is, we were very competitive in that game with a second-string team In a game nobody expected us to win. Yes we were smashed in the other two.

Will Buckley put a tag on Mitchell? Something MM didn't do for 10 years despite him getting BOG every time.
Also, I fear for us in the clearances. We really struggle to get the centre clearance for whatever reason and Hawthorn will score at ease if we play the same as past 2 weeks.

Will Buckley put a tag on Mitchell? Something MM didn't do for 10 years despite him getting BOG every time.
Also, I fear for us in the clearances. We really struggle to get the centre clearance for whatever reason and Hawthorn will score at ease if we play the same as past 2 weeks.
Clark to mitchell i think is a good match up.

We live in hope!
Maybe Clarke as just mentioned.
Put it this way: let's at least try and make someone else BOG this time - whether he be Pie or Hawk.

I tip us to win by 2pts! Will be a very close game that could go either way. As usual we must stop Mitchell, buddy and rioli

Another big crowd too I'm tipping 83,000 for the game in another sell out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

When will the mcc start to make the top deck available to patrons in case of a lockout they never do and there is like 10,000 empty seats like there was at the Carlton game. The Carlton, hawthorn and Richmond games could all get 90,000 if they release the empty mcc seats for public sale like 30 mins before the game instead days if getting over 90,000 except for Anzac Day game are long over. Will only get between 80-85,000 for these games. Plus should look at a buy back systems for club members to sell! Looked like 2-3,000 seats were empty on the bottom deck of the ponsford stand too. Where were those pie members??

will be very interesting playing the hawks this year, very different from last year as we basically set up and structure almost identically as them this year with the new game plan, no tags IMO - let swan go head to head with mitchell allowing for our stronger midfeied rotation. i reckon it will be a case of who's gun fire the most and i think we're a bit sharper than them at this point in the season. Tipping us by 35pts.

If Dids is not in our best 22 why is he still on our list?

I'm confused no opposition supporter rates him anymore,but obviously Bucks still does:confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview AFL Rd 3 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - MCG - Sun 14/4 - 3.20 pm - Changes and Prematch Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back