AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, p6, post 83)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should beat the Saints after their trip to the West and with Goddard almost certain to miss, I just can't see the Saints keeping up with us. Though the Saints would love to exact revenge from the GF replay loss

My Changes are:

In: Fasolo Keeffe

Out: McCarthy Blair

Re: Pre-Game Discussion for vs Saints Game

It doesn't look like we will get anyone back from injury this week (BJ, Jolly, Caff etc) so we either have to stick with the same team or make 2-3 changes based on fitness more then form, because we didn't have too many bad players today.

So for me, NO CHANGE.

Blair is the obvious one, but I don't believe it would be right to drop him the week after making the sub, and I can't find anyone else who should go out.

J-MAC may have played his career best senior game today, that's not saying much, as he hadn't shown a heap up to now, but 16 possessions and 2 goals was pretty good by his standards.

Unless we decide to rest someone like Swan or Wellingham next week, I suspect the 22 named on Thursday night will be the 22 who played today.

Re: AFL Round 11 Coll v St Kilda Pre-Game Discussion

It's not supercoach Dave, you yourself said that was the best 4 qtr game we've played all year but you want to drop 2 players (one of which had 16 disposals and kicked 2 goals?).

No change.

It's not supercoach Dave, you yourself said that was the best 4 qtr game we've played all year but you want to drop 2 players (one of which had 16 disposals and kicked 2 goals?).

No change.

I want Keeffe and Fasolo to get a Run in the AFL also as they deserve it

Re: Pre-Game Discussion for vs Saints Game

Unless we decide to rest someone like Swan or Wellingham next week, I suspect the 22 named on Thursday night will be the 22 who played today.

Swan does not Look 100% so a Rest might not Hurt him at all

No change.

Yep, I'm with you jesus, no change, barring injury or return from injury.

Wouldn't be taking the Saints lightly at all, they're playing well again the last three weeks, a loss v carlton and two good wins, esp this week, belting Freo at Subi.

Maybe Jolly will be fit, but if any doubt, given they don't have a dominant ruck and also that Wood did pretty well today, then no change.

JMac was pretty good for sure, though if it's Blair's turn for a game, he may be sub...I'm a JMac fan, he may have edged in front of Blair??

Unless someone is injured from the team today...why would there be any changes?

No changes for me

With St.Kilda i want to embarrass them, i am glad they found some "form". Means more of their empty headed supporters will venture to the ground and make it all the better:cool:

Unless any injuries, no change.

I'd think Swanny would be more likely to play next week then he was today. Any corkies he had will be much better by Saturday.

New player for the sub this week. Between Sidey, JMac & Bucks. Just the rotation.

I want Keeffe and Fasolo to get a Run in the AFL also as they deserve it

They'll both hopefully have about 10 year long careers with us, you'll get enough chance to see them in the future I reckon. No need to rush it.

I'd prefer both of them to get a full game in the twos after sitting on this weekend rather than get limited game time/potentially end up getting subbed in the seniors.

Fasolo could potentially come in for Blair I guess. A dominant game in the midfield of the twos probably wouldn't hurt Blair, but I don't think it's really a pressing need or anything.

Even better some of them think they can beat us?!?!

This will be fantastic:thumbsu:

Doesn't look like Goddard will miss?

I reckon they would have to give him a Rest as you can't Risk Neck Injuries but they did play Ball when they Shouldn't

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When is Leigh Brown back?

Can't stand watching Wood get thrashed in the ruck each week

Don't think Wood was Thrashed today in the Ruck.

Reckon L Brown would need 1 game in the VFL 1st

Is this a serious post?

I mean, apart from the fact that Wood did not get thrashed today, do you honestly believe that Leigh Brown is a better ruckman than Wood? :confused:

Looking forward to providing a "20 storey drop onto concrete" reality check for some Saints posters.:D

That said next week will be the Saints "Grand Final" and they'll be looking to die trying to revive their season.
Baker back should mean a few more weeks for him again and an injury or two to some of our players.
He'll probably spend the game testing Maxies ribs or punching Tooves in the lung.
Should give Anvil a run to knock the little fat arsed **** out.

As much as I'd like to join in the taunting of deluded Saints fans, I don't think this will be the walkover many seem to be expecting. They've played reasonable footy recently, still have a top 4-6 list on paper, and will be very keen to get revenge.

We should still get up, but they're a better team than West Coast who everyone was apparently fearing going into today.

Agree Kirby, Wood was definitely pretty good today.

He averted the thrashing he could have got!

Also, he had 14 disposals, which was more than Dawes, and Krakouer and Maxy and even Sharrod, believe it or not. :eek:

Would love nothing more than for us to crush this revolting club's season.

Blair is a chance to get dropped as its highly unlikely he'll be a sub 2 weeks in a row. If thats the case, would be a great time to give Fasolo a taste of the action, otherwise no change.

As much as I'd like to join in the taunting of deluded Saints fans, I don't think this will be the walkover many seem to be expecting. They've played reasonable footy recently, still have a top 4-6 list on paper, and will be very keen to get revenge.
Not without Goddard and Hayes they don't, in fact I'd say without those 2 they could be a 7th-10th side, which has basically been what has occurred with Hayes missing and Goddard in bad form up to last week.

If Goddard misses next week, they are extremely weakened, missing IMO 2 of their best 3 players (Riewoldt the obvious other top 3 player).

If Goddard doesn't play, I'd be disappointed if we didn't win by a fairly large margin, if he plays, I'd expect the game to be a lot closer, although something would have to go wrong for them to beat us at the moment.

Wood was great today,took a couple of good contested marks, and worked hard around the ground. Cannot deny his efforts today.

Hear Jolly should be back for the Melbourne game.

No real changes for next week, only one that could make way is Blair, for Fasolo. Wont happen though as Fasolo has had no footy this week. No changes.

Rusty to be the sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back