AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion (Lozza63's preview, p6, post 83)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AFL Round 11 - Coll v St Kilda - Pre-Game & Selection Discussion

Thought I would pop in and see the banter. Good to see some intelligent and balanced opinions in here.

I'm glad the Saints have found form, it makes a win over them actually worthwhile and of some meaning.

If we were playing the Saints of a month or so ago, it would be a rather hollow feeling to beat them senseless and win so easy.

At least we will get a contest now, although with the likely exclusion of Goddard, you would think this game won't be too close.

Should be 70K + there anyway, depending on how many Saints supporters turn up, as there's guaranteed to be 50K pies fans there on Saturday night.:)

Re: AFL Round 11 Coll v St Kilda Pre-Game Discussion

This is similar to what I was going to post. Saints wont win unless we drop the ball big time. Having said that they will go in HARD AS NAILS. Im fearing some injuries we just dont need. So frankly I'd just stay out of the saints players way and if we lose so be it. I dont need a list of 2-3 injuries at the end of that game because the Saints have a score to settle....

You must be joking?

I know they have a couple of players who love the cheap stuff, but with the MRP in pretty good form at present you would have to be a moron (not putting it past the players to which I was just referring) to try anything dirty, and to suggest our players would go in any less hard than the 'aints players or vice versa is pretty ludicrous.

Ben Johnson has been cleared of any damage to his hammy so is an outside chance of playing this week.

Nonetheless, good to hear he is fine.

Re: AFL Round 11 Coll v St Kilda Pre-Game Discussion

You must be joking?

I know they have a couple of players who love the cheap stuff, but with the MRP in pretty good form at present you would have to be a moron (not putting it past the players to which I was just referring) to try anything dirty, and to suggest our players would go in any less hard than the 'aints players or vice versa is pretty ludicrous.

Im just saying its one game. If they go in bringing the psycho disregard for human life attitude then **** em. We dont have anything to prove and should have our eye on end of season. Not just this one game.

As much as I'd like to join in the taunting of deluded Saints fans, I don't think this will be the walkover many seem to be expecting. They've played reasonable footy recently, still have a top 4-6 list on paper, and will be very keen to get revenge.

I can't agree with that. With Hayes and Goddard in form they are in that range. Without Hayes alone they are teetering on the 8. Younger, quicker and more skilled teams have gone past them.

St.Kildas strength is their discipline to stick to their defensive gameplan. They have a few really good players and few solid players and some downright hacks with little to no ability but know how to stick to what the coach says.

They'll come hard no doubt, but again I expect us to win.

Lol, these are the two Grand Finalists playing off again; it's interesting to see how both teams' supporters are approaching the match less than halfway into the season. This is one long post, with snippets out:

The season is definitely not a write-off, and we can beat these guys. We'll have to bring our A-game, but we can definitely beat them.

f we play like we did last week and capitalize on our opportunities, we're every chance.

We can beat them. Of course we can. They're just a team of 22 players, just like us.

We're a chance to win this. Of course we are. Collingwood are only a team, just like us.

They're strong, but if we bring our best game, we can
definitely beat them.

That's all in the one post lol.

Gee it feels good to not have to think that way :D

Lol, these are the two Grand Finalists playing off again; it's interesting to see how both teams' supporters are approaching the match less than halfway into the season. This is one long post, with snippets out:

Gee it feels good to not have to think that way :D

What can I say, it's been a tough season. I'm trying to get myself up for this one. We're definitely the underdogs, so I may as well try to be positive. There's been quite a bit of negative on the Saints board recently as you'd imagine, so I'm still a little sceptical of what we can do, but we are a chance at this stage. Just a chance.

Good Luck for this one, guys. I'd love to see something as epic as the 1st GF last year although hopefully we don't go behind as I don't see us coming back this time if we do.

Should be a ripper match.

Pies need some more debutantes.

Yeah maybe, esp Fasolo, but not this game IMO :)

Saints are back the last three weeks, they'll be playing out of their skins against us..

season on the line

memories to expunge from late last year

This will be a very serious challenge I'm expecting, and not to be taken one iota too lightly.

Pies need some more debutantes.
Long term, yes we do, short term, not really.

Lachie Keefe is the only possible debutant who actually needs to play senior footy before September, just in case we need another key position player.

The likes of Fasolo (mid), J.Thomas (mid/forward), Sinclair (back/mid), Rounds (back/fwd) etc don't really cover an area that we are that deficient in, so they are more important in the long term then the short term.

But I want to see Keefe play at least 3-4 games before the finals, because if Nathan Brown doesn't come up (which is likely) then Keefe will be an emergency in most finals games, simply because of his ability to cover 3 areas (Key back, Key forward, 2nd ruck).

What can I say, it's been a tough season. I'm trying to get myself up for this one. We're definitely the underdogs, so I may as well try to be positive. There's been quite a bit of negative on the Saints board recently as you'd imagine, so I'm still a little sceptical of what we can do, but we are a chance at this stage. Just a chance.

Good Luck for this one, guys. I'd love to see something as epic as the 1st GF last year although hopefully we don't go behind as I don't see us coming back this time if we do.

Should be a ripper match.

Haha mate, I reckon it's hilarious - that's what I've been thinking for the past two decades every time we play anyone good.

I'm just so glad this is how people think when they play us for a change. And the funny thing is, even when we play an unbeaten team or another team on fire, we're still favourites.

But yeah, I expect at least 2 decent quarters of football.

Long term, yes we do, short term, not really.

Lachie Keefe is the only possible debutant who actually needs to play senior footy before September, just in case we need another key position player.

The likes of Fasolo (mid), J.Thomas (mid/forward), Sinclair (back/mid), Rounds (back/fwd) etc don't really cover an area that we are that deficient in, so they are more important in the long term then the short term.

But I want to see Keefe play at least 3-4 games before the finals, because if Nathan Brown doesn't come up (which is likely) then Keefe will be an emergency in most finals games, simply because of his ability to cover 3 areas (Key back, Key forward, 2nd ruck).

I'd like to see us debut a few this year - Keeffe, Fasolo and Thomas - if he gets his body right. We are in the incredible postion at the moment where we can go full tilt for a flag, whilst also ensuring that we keep an eye well and truly on the future. Due to the fact that many of our important players are very young, we should be attempting to keep our window open for as long as possible.

In this regard, I'd also be willing to trade up in the draft, with a couple of our depth players. Depending upon how GWS think, we may be able to package together a couple of our fringe players for one of the highly rated 17 year olds. A couple of young premiership players such as Blair, Macaffer or Goldsack, who are definitely AFL standard, give 100% each week, and know how to succeed, would be very valuable to a start up club. Probably more valuable than they are to us. I know that packaging fringe players doesn't get you high picks anymore, but GWS, as a start up club may be an exception. And let's face it, our fringe players are exceptionally good for fringe players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Johnson has been cleared of any damage to his hammy so is an outside chance of playing this week.

Nonetheless, good to hear he is fine.
That's an odd one. I watched the VFL game on TV on the weekend and he went straight to the rooms. They must have seriously been over cautious if there's no damage but hope it's true. :thumbsu:

This game will be a real tough game for us. The Saints will throw everything at us, its the GF rematch after all, and they will remember what we did to them on GF day and I expect a very close game. Wont suprise me if they even got up. We need to play alot better then what we have this season to win but I think we will also lift for this game, so it will be a great game of footy to watch. In- Jono Out- J Mac.

We need to play alot better then what we have this season to win

This a joke? There is a reason we're on 8-1 and St Kilda are at 3-1-5, they've been total shit for most of the year. I'd be very, very disappointed if we lost to them, yeah they'll be up for this game, yes they will want 'revenge' but seriously, the St Kilda of 2011 isn't even close to the threat that the St Kilda of 2009-10 was, we should win and win easy if we're even remotely good as we believe we are.

Johnson won't play this week, at least not in the seniors, it's took big of a risk after he couldn't even last a quarter in the VFL.

I'd actually be surprised if he played anywhere this week, I think the club will err on the side of caution and leave him out for one more week, which means we probably won't see BJ in the seniors until the Sydney game.

As for the game against the Saints, I can't see us losing, it's at the MCG, where we are obviously a far better side then anywhere else (except maybe Football Park in Adelaide;)), and the Saints will be missing a heap of their best 22, with the likes of Dempster, Blake, Kosi, Baker (questionable 22 I know), Goddard, Hayes and Gardiner all likely to miss.

We will really only be missing Jolly and BJ (Leigh Brown a chance to play), so I simply can't see them getting close.

Mick will also want the players to replicate what they did against the Eagles, because if we do, we can't be beaten, especially by the likes of the wounded Saints.

i heard goddard say on the half time show that the doctor gave him the all clear to play this week, that was the night he got out of hospital, he looked really stiff tho aha.

though i think he worded it somehting liek, "the doctor gave me the all clear for this week at the moment, so thats all that matters..."

hope goddard does play for the sake of my SC team or i will be stuffed. but seeing him at the airport didn't look all that good as he wasn't moving his neck around that much.

as for the actual game i think we will win pretty comfortably.daisy to get his third BOG in a row and make a run for the brownlow:p pendles to do what pendles does every week and swanny to rack up 30 without really trying.my tip is that we'll win by 49 points :)

With St.Kilda i want to embarrass them, i am glad they found some "form". Means more of their empty headed supporters will venture to the ground and make it all the better:cool:

Even better some of them think they can beat us?!?!

This will be fantastic:thumbsu:

Looking forward to providing a "20 storey drop onto concrete" reality check for some Saints posters.:D

Would love nothing more than for us to crush this revolting club's season.

We must flatten them, St Kilda want a chance for 'revenge' we must deny them that chance and grind them into the dirt. Seriously though I don't want to have to read all the St Kilda gloating if they get up so please win and win big pies.

On Saturday night, June 4th 2011, at the MCG.........

nick-riewoldt.jpeg

The Saints are coming........

173245-brendon-goddard.jpg

.......We will rain on your parade.......

023284-steven-milne.jpg

......Please, give us everything you have Collingwood.......

AFL+Rd+6+Bulldogs+v+Saints+dk0dX8VWKaCl.jpg

......For as the dust settles, the arrogance will grind to a halt.....

r294581_1264557.jpg

.....When we are victorious.......

camriewoldtld_narrowweb__300x3970.jpg

.....When the Saints go marching in!!!

And with that in mind I would like to wish you and your team the best of luck on match day, because God knows you will all need it.

St. Kilda will win comfotably by about 37 points. The game will never be in doubt though. :cool::thumbsu:

I'd be shocked if Goddard is allowed to play this week.

Admirable saying he wants to, but I think it hugely unlikely he'd be OK.

Saints are back I think, their attitude the past three weeks has been completely different to the early season, when, as a team, they seemed depressed or pyschologically spent, whatever.

Yes they've got several out, but if everyone else steps up, they can cover that.
Kosi, Dempster, Baker ( who is back from suspension and available if fit) are pretty borderline for them anyway.

Well have Jolly out, Brown of course, and Krakouer will be interesting. He looked to significantly hurt his arm last week and may well not play.

No way would you think they'll risk Benny J after several weeks out and barely a qtr in the VFL last week.

Expecting a really tough test by the Saints actually.

PS very smart move by Ross Lyon puffing up Thomas like he did. Very smart I think.

Hopefully Daisy can put that crap out of his mind and just play his normal game.

PS didn't notice the post prior to mine before posting.

Riewoldt ...any chance he could take a deep breath for the camera? :)

Haha, great post Sainter, one problem, you had the bloke wearing 23 in there, as long as he plays, YOU WON'T WIN A GAME FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, IT'S GUARANTEED.:)

Dear sa1nter

We have 15 flags you have 1
We are 8 and 1 you are 3, 5 and 1
We are second you are 11th
We have rich talent on every line, you have a couple of stars mixed with dishonest battlers
We have Luke Ball you do not
We have a coach who wins flags you do not
We have players who do not keep nude photos of their team mates you do
We won last years premiership you did not

Most importantly we are a considerably better side then you

These are facts, you are in the dreamscape. Please enter the real world when posting on the board of your superiors.

Regards
Optimax and the entire bf Collingwoid community

Riewoldt ...any chance he could take a deep breath for the camera? :)

Even when trying his intimidating pose, he still looks like he's about to start weeping. Poor bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back