AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad to say Young not up to it.
Harry def. needs a rest!
Really? I thought Young was quite reasonable. Won a few one on ones, put his body on the line a few times.
Dawesy was OK too I thought, not great but an improvement.

Still not happy that we completely lied down for large chunks of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another good game from Jolly, comprehensively beat Jamar.

The only poor game he has played all year was rd 3...when Wood was in the team.

It is clear that Jolly plays better when he has a big workload.

Couple of baffling umpiring calls or non calls.

Elliott streaming to the open goal, what is the definition of a push in the back?Hands on the number is enough for me.
Sylvia front on contact to Young????
Dunn push in the back on Maxwell.

All blatant free kicks. You can understand the 50/50s being either way but they were blatant fornicate ups.

That was some of the worst commentary I can ever remember. It made me feel like turning it off, such was the bias. Tim Watson needs a kick in the arse.

Wasn't thrilled that the umps didn't take any action on some pretty ordinary tactics and cheap shots by Tapscott and Sylvia.

Both Tapscott and Sylvia led with elbows onto players exposed and opened up.

Also, Tapscott's dangerous effort on Maxwell on the boundary line/bench that went un-punished was a joke. If that was any other player than the level headed Maxwell, Tapscott would have been thrown over the fence.

Wasn't thrilled that the umps didn't take any action on some pretty ordinary tactics and cheap shots by Tapscott and Sylvia.

Both Tapscott and Sylvia led with elbows onto players exposed and opened up.

Also, Tapscott's dangerous effort on Maxwell on the boundary line/bench that went un-punished was a joke. If that was any other player than the level headed Maxwell, Tapscott would have been thrown over the fence.

Absolutely. More should be made of this. It was downright dangerous. I hope the useless turd get suspended for this and then does his knee in the first minute of his first game back, only to do his other knee in his comeback game from injury. Not that I am bitter or anything ;)

Some of the people around here are ridiculous. We are not the same team as last year, we had 4 guys without 10 games to their names. We have a lot of injuries, and so we are not pummeling sides. But we are giving guys experience and I for one am pleased with the 7 goal win. A little disappointed with our defense, in all areas of the ground, but overall we've done a very good job to be 9-2 at this stage of the season.

For those who love to swim and wade in the misery and the negatives, just think about what it means to be a supporter. We don't get many chances to see our club be a 9-2 team and have a chance at a premiership. There is little point always focusing on the negatives.

People constantly talking abotu Harry O being dropped. It's not silly, its just downright dumb. It's not gonna happen, he is crucial to our team, and despite him not playing great one on one defensively, he is way better than anyone who could replace him and is nowhere near close to being dropped while guys like Young, Buckley, Williams and Elliot are still in the side.

Just remember we played with out our best player, our two best rebounding defenders and our best shutdown defender today, oh and also Johnson, Krakouer, Didak, MaCaffer and Keefe.

For those who love to swim and wade in the misery and the negatives, just think about what it means to be a supporter. We don't get many chances to see our club be a 9-2 team and have a chance at a premiership. There is little point always focusing on the negatives.

Just remember we played with out our best player, our two best rebounding defenders and our best shutdown defender today, oh and also Johnson, Krakouer, Didak, MaCaffer and Keefe.
This

Collingwood have gone 43 wins, 6 losses and 1 draw from the last 50 games.

The team is completely different from that of mid 2010, plenty of young kids coming through...

Enjoy seeing your team win...periods like this dont come around often.

Browny cleaned up Sylvia behind the play by about 80 meters which was what lead to his broken nose. It was a shoulder to shoulder hit but a head clash caused the damage. I don't think too much will come of it, but I thought I'd give everyone a heads up in case he does get sighted.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 11 - Collingwood vs Melbourne Matchday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back