AFL Round 11: Hawthorn v Port Adelaide Saturday 2:10pm AEST @UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

He was not the reason.

He was the reason given officially at the time. Let’s face it the AFL screwed up royally with the he quick kick in rule which led to it. Do they even remember what they were trying to achieve.

Have thought for a while, that if a ball is rolling towards touch outside the point post, and a defender changes its direction to go inside the point post for their advantage, a free for deliberate should be payed

He was the reason given officially at the time. Let’s face it the AFL screwed up royally with the he quick kick in rule which led to it. Do they even remember what they were trying to achieve.

Have thought for a while, that if a ball is rolling towards touch outside the point post, and a defender changes its direction to go inside the point post for their advantage, a free for deliberate should be payed

Before the delibrate out of bounds became tighter I remember Hodge against us soccering a ball off the ground under pressure and it went through over the point line instead of the sideline and he was pinged for delibrate and we got a goal for free.

Impey still as big of a spud as when he left.
Salty. He's arguably recruit of the year. Improved a lot since joining hawks

Unless you are suggesting than Impey is now an A grader, you have contradicted yourself and actually affirmed his argument.
"He's arguably recruit of the year." He was a good player when he left Port
"Improved a lot since joining hawks" He wasn't a good player when he left Port

Those 50s were hilarious and the roughead goal and the deibrete point?

Wtf? If be livid if i was a port fan. It was insane. Free kick hawthorn was in full effect whats the deal with this?
Its pretty obvious

Umpiring was terrible all day for both sides although I'll concede the Hawks got the better of it.

Your 2 examples are strange though as they were both 100% correct decisions.

Dunno.
He tried to control the ball but was about to hit the post and had no other options available to kill the play. Deliberate is when you do have other options available but deliberately knock it over for a point.
Being a Hawthorn supporter you should remember the game that forced the AFL to introduce the rule.

Yep a Joel Bowden Richmond game....

The call made by Nicholls can be debatable as it's down to interpretation.

By putting Gunston on the boundary line just shows he doesn't know the rule. Or worse, he knew it was potentially dodgy so he tried to not make it so obvious.

Either of those should be enough to drop him.

That stupid 10-metre protected area ‘rule’ needs to be axed by next season, the players, coaches & fans all hate it & it’s doing nothing but ruining what should be an attractive sport. Whoever thought it was a great idea to bring it in should just disappear from the AFL scene

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am laughing mate. Your guys got away with so much. Greys Mark for one

It brings back the point that the game is so grey that umpires miss, I still think a mark by Grey was in both the hands of big Charlie before grey took it, even the commentators said so.
But the free 50'metre frees were Hawks 8 Port 3. Sometimes they did nothing but we got advantage out of two and scored . But even 3 fifties can help and destroy as well. I wonder about the petty 50's though , the paper this morningm said that game had more 50 penalties in it than any game since 1999, now that is 19 years, I would suggest that the game was a different pup , in those days and perhaps those 50's were paid for things the players knew were legit, now 70 % of fifties are for petty things, an d for swearing at umpires.

With the rules the way they are any wonder players swear at umpires, the umpire is NOT the be all and end all of a game, . To the AFL I say ask youerr money paying public , the ones who pay for TVfooty the ones who go every week the ones who buy the products clubs sell, think on it because I got on this site yesterday watching Hawthorn and Port and every one Hawk or Power , were going ballistic about the umpires not just the 50's but lots of things.
Surely the AFL has to look into this, it can make you feel useless watching, when some of the unfairness comes from the rules .

I think the comment that its what umpires miss too, that change things, is spot on, is the game too fast?

And now they talk of four positioned field umpires on the ground , heaven help us !!!
The whistles will be going every second.
They can only do that if they bring back to the whole season, position playing, for most players on the ground that may return the game to a little like real Australian Rules where football wins games kicks goals, not "fouls" , I hope every one out there in BF that sees theior club massacred by umpires who to their integrity follow those rules so forcefully that they are producing unfairness, IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT, ITS THE AFL RULES PEOPLE.

That stupid 10-metre protected area ‘rule’ needs to be axed by next season, the players, coaches & fans all hate it & it’s doing nothing but ruining what should be an attractive sport. Whoever thought it was a great idea to bring it in should just disappear from the AFL scene

ITS ONE OF A HANDFUL OF 50M METRE PENALTIES THAT HAVE NO RHYME NOR REASON. JUST A THEORY FROM SOME OFFICE SITTING RULE MAKING AFL VERY WELL PAID PENCIL PUSHER PERSON , ITS ONE OF THOSE UNNEEDED RULES

So the question on those dubious useless 50's and some other stuff too, is .......WHY??????? Have we even got them?

The call made by Nicholls can be debatable as it's down to interpretation.

By putting Gunston on the boundary line just shows he doesn't know the rule. Or worse, he knew it was potentially dodgy so he tried to not make it so obvious.

Either of those should be enough to drop him.
Is he umpire number 7?

Unless you are suggesting than Impey is now an A grader, you have contradicted yourself and actually affirmed his argument.
"He's arguably recruit of the year." He was a good player when he left Port
"Improved a lot since joining hawks" He wasn't a good player when he left Port
He was a decent player when he was at Port.
But he's become a better player since joining the Hawks, to the point that his performances may have him as recruit of the year, relative to what they paid him.
Why is that so hard to understand?

He was a decent player when he was at Port.
But he's become a better player since joining the Hawks, to the point that his performances may have him as recruit of the year, relative to what they paid him.
Why is that so hard to understand?

Players have gone form hawks to Roos and vice versa and become better, same with ahwks and swans. It happens. Opportunity and the player knuckling down usually

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Round 11: Hawthorn v Port Adelaide Saturday 2:10pm AEST @UTAS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back